Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How did Nando's become so popular? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I love Nandos! I can understand why you'd think it's overrated if you thought it was a proper restaurant but it isn't. Like other people said it's somewhere between a fast food joint and a restaurant and I think it straddles that divide perfectly.

I really like how easy and convenient it is and the food is quite nice in my opinion. The prices are reasonable too. They have a very generous voucher system which attracts students I think.

I do find it funny when people complain that even lemon and herb is too spicy! How do you handle any spicy food if you have such a low tolerance to spice?

ReputationRep:
    Cause they drippin' that Peri-peri sauce.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasidb)
    Which Nando's did you go to?
    Both?, one in the UK and one in Nigeria :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khodu)
    I do like Nandos, think it tastes nice, especially the sauces. Popularity started imo due to a lot of young celebs going there like One Direction/JLS etc. Social media such as Instagram and Twitter. And the loyalty cards.

Although I've realised how expensive it is compared to cooking it all from scratch.

I have a large family (12 people). If I were to cook 3 whole chickens, it would cost me around 10-15 pounds depending on the size of the chicken. And a couple more pounds for the sides including the marinade. So in total around £15-20.

Nandos would charge me for the Jumbo Platter (2 Whole Chickens + 5 Large Sides): £43.50

:eek: Check out the Profit margins if they were to buy in bulk.
    It's because you are eating in (presumably) and they are cooking it. Their profit margin isn't simply price- cost of goods sold (Raw ingredients), it includes things like gas, electricity, lighting, water, employees wages, rent, insurance and other costs. Then you have to include VAT which is 20%, so all in all their profit margin isn't going to be that exciting.

ReputationRep:
    because I am nandos69 nd nandos is gud chicken nd kfc is bad

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.