ReputationRep:
    The font is the main issue IMO. Feel like I'm straining to read it and I doubt I'm the only one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scriggy)
    The font is the main issue IMO. Feel like I'm straining to read it and I doubt I'm the only one.
    Yeah same its actually kinda hurting my eyes, the other layout was way more relaxed and professional this one just seems like a kid went crazy with photoshop

ReputationRep:
    I just spent the last two minutes refreshing the page because I thought it wasn't loading properly.

It looks like a learning site for 5 year old kids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikki1805)
    This is looking more and more like a CBeebies home page with every site amendment that takes place.
    So much this Vikram :rofl2: :rofl2:

Soo colourful and Teletubbyesque.

ReputationRep:
    Inclined to agree that these updates make this site seem more for the criminally insane and very young each time you tinker with it...
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I quite like it overall. I don't like the 'Meet the community' widget though, but that's easily disabled.

(Original post by Jarred)
    I think once I get used to it, I'll see it as a positive change.
    What I don't like however is the font change. I don't have a very good memory so I have forgotten already what the old one was? Does anyone know? The new one makes bills in the MHoC look wrong.
    How so? They look OK to me.

ReputationRep:
    Font looks weird. I'll get used to it... but question the need for a change at all...?

As for the rep thing, have to agree it looks wrong. Every post looks like it's been negged because the red is far more prominent than the green. Even posts that have received both pos and neg reps still look like they've only been negged. For example, first post here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    I personally think that the red hand looks a bit brighter than the green hand, making it look like every single person has had at least one neg rep, when they reply
    Yeah I noticed this too

ReputationRep:
    Just because you can change something, doesn't mean you should. Bravo, you have power. Now change it back.

It looks ****ing terrible

ReputationRep:
    This is a very bad change to be honest. It seems a little blurry and messy. At the end of the day, we are the users and we deserve a good user interface. TSR isn't just for the mods. Who even complained about the previous layout being bad?

ReputationRep:
    Can you at least give the users who want change it back the option?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugar-n-spice)
    Why did I sign in this morning? It's like being punched in the face by CBBC. It's horrendous just like the last major layout change, someone should be fired.

Here we go again, most people don't like it, but the mods all mysteriously think it's absolutely amazing.
    I completely agree. They should have done the change by phase implementation. They just gave me a huge shock.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK)
    It could be a bug.

We'll do some testing and see what's happening
    Arial
    Arial Black
    Arial Narrow
    Book Antiqua
    Century Gothic
    Comic Sans MS

The font BB tag has no effect - as you can see from my post. So unless you intended to disable custom fonts I would say that is a bug.

I have to say, I am not a fan of the indentation for posts - not quite sure why it is needed. The new font is also much harder to read.

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for the guys that did this now, pretty much every comment is very negative

My main annoyance for the bright pastel colours is now its even harder to hide my tsring at work hmph

new font v
    A test sentence in the font. This paragraph is very interesting. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

A test sentence in the font. This paragraph is very interesting. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
    old font ^

Edit: Bug report, setting fonts appears to not work! (does bold? Edit1b: No bold doesn't either)

Edit2: Ok, so I was on 90% zoom, which apparently makes Ariel look really narrow. However, on 100% everything is HUGE apart from the font, which a good size. Currently on 80% zoom which makes everything a nice size apart from the tiny font but at least it isn't far too narrow now.

I think veranda is just a naturally larger font, that doesn't do the narrow thing at 90%.

Edit 3: I like the new quote look.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone make a script which has the old version that we can use?

Seriously, I currently use a script for TSR so I still have the previous stuff that that changed before - as they were also terrible. Why do you keep making these awful changes? This is the worst of the lot, and it's putting my off coming onto this website.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind the new layout but PLEASE change the font. I'm severely dyslexic and trying to read this stuff is horrible.

ReputationRep:
    And I think the avatars for those with none should be changed back to the human shadow thing rather than what it is now.

ReputationRep:
    This has actually given me glaucoma.

I can't tell you how much this new design absolutely sucks. It pains me to look at it.

The colours are too bright, the rep buttons aren't equal in their boldness, the shadows on the buttons are awful, the blank avatars look terrible and I've only been on the site for about fifteen minutes.

It all looks tawdry, garish, child-oriented and hideous.

You've ruined my day. :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    It looks perverse!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I do like aspects of the design. I like how the staff is more noticeable However, there are a few things.

• Firstly, I don't like how the font is inconsistent (so what I'm typing now will look different to what will come on my screen). It might be useful to change the editing text :yep:
    • The pos and neg rep could be a tiny bit more noticeable. But this is personal opinion. Also, not a personal fan on the font, but I can get used to it :yep:
    • Not sure why, but there are times there the font looks really squashed up.

Also, to those users saying the design is ****, it would be useful to say why you don't like the design as it gives admin something to work with.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.