0.48%
    Gismo
    0.96%
    TV Control
    2.39%
    Other
    10.53%

ReputationRep:
    We once had to write a story in English centred about a remote, but the assignment only described the remote instead of using the word remote. And I forgot what it was called in English so I wrote the entire assignment calling it a pilot, which is the polish word for it. Still got an A ha

ReputationRep:
    I thought by 'gismo' you meant this :teehee:

Name:  gismo.png
Views: 53
Size:  223.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kindergartencop)
    Isn't hoofer doofer a Noel Edmonds thing??
    It is from ' Telly Addicts' quiz shiw

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xStaceyy)
    Right, this is a source of great hilarity among my friends and non-immediate family, but everyone in my household calls the remote the 'beagily' (pronounced 'bee-gi-lay, with a hard 'g').
    I think my mum forgot what it was called one day and that's what came out so its just stuck :P
    What I enjoy about this is that it is spelt differently from how it is said, to the extent that this requires explanation. So when your family talks about the device it is said as "beegilay", but when you write about it, it's the beagily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    What I enjoy about this is that it is spelt differently from how it is said, to the extent that this requires explanation. So when your family talks about the device it is said as "beegilay", but when you write about it, it's the beagily.
    You sound fun :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah whenever we write it down for any reason (Facebook or whatever) thats how we've spelled it haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xStaceyy)
    Yeah whenever we write it down for any reason (Facebook or whatever) thats how we've spelled it haha.
    "Donald back in casualty having beagily extracted from his anus LOL #hesdoneitagain"

That kind of thing?

ReputationRep:
    "Donald back in casualty having beagily extracted from his anus LOL #hesdoneitagain"

That kind of thing?
    You're annoying me. And no, my brother messages me from the living room if he cant find it and he can't be arsed going upstairs to ask me if i know where it is. Also its not really spelled differently from how its pronounced, I could've just said it had a hard 'g'.

ReputationRep:
    I call it the bleep, something my girlfriend and her family got me into...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Add!ction)
    Why isn't 'doobry' an option?

I love that word, I add the word "Whatsit" after though.

In our house we call it a remote,my mum used to call it the "Doofer".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natninja)
    either remote or 'TV thingy'
    LOL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoGo HoPz)
    You sound fun :lol:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Remote for me, although I do have a friend who calls it the toucher, which I always thought sounded a little creepy.

ReputationRep:
    crappy thread...
    i dont see an option for dr pepper or other awesome beverage in there or pizza...

i say remote or remote control... didnt know there were various other names...

ReputationRep:
    Controller, always.

ReputationRep:
    There's a fair few interesting answers on here!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.