Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I reckon i got
    -16 marks for MC
    -25 marks for question 1-3
    -Possible 16+ for question 4

Meaning i got 80 UMS but i need 88 average to get an A overall so much pressure on unit 4 now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawlser)
    So you're saying that in your DRQ you got for the first 3 questions:

19/25?

And lets say you get for the fourth question at THE LEAST (because your answer does seem to be good) 15,

then added together that would make:

50/75 added with the 16 from MCQ,

which is a high C/ low B.
    Yeah I think I may have lost 2-3 marks for my diagram Q due to lack of explanation (rushed) and 2 marks for definition of subsidy because I said 'A subsidy is referred to as money given from the government to the firm to reduce or offset production costs and reduce the price'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolStoryBroo)
    I reckon i got
    -16 marks for MC
    -25 marks for question 1-3
    -Possible 16+ for question 4

Meaning i got 80 UMS but i need 88 average to get an A overall so much pressure on unit 4 now
    Unit 4's not that bad- you'll be fine.
    I'm in a similar situation to you by the sounds of it; I got 70 (first time, Jan 2012) for this and I resit to get a 90- don't know if I've managed it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rageagainstessays)
    I'm in a similar situation to you by the sounds of it; I got 70 (first time, Jan 2012) for this and I resit to get a 90- don't know if I've managed it

ReputationRep:
    hi, think i got around 45 marks today. If i were to get a high C at AS, is it possible to get an A after unit 3 and 4. Are they difficult?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tarmu)
    What did everyone put for the definition of 'substitute'
    It was a subsidy, hope you didn't write about substitutes

ReputationRep:
    We all need to ace unit 2 the timing on the first one was terrible, need to plan how I'm going to go about that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammyg123)
    hi, think i got around 45 marks today. If i were to get a high C at AS, is it possible to get an A after unit 3 and 4. Are they difficult?
    Firstly, I'm not being rude but guessing your own mark never works
    Well I got a D at AS (first time), then resat one of the units and got a mid B overall. Units 3 and 4 are hard, I found unit 4 less hard than I'm finding unit 3.
    In response to your initial question, is it possible to get an A- well that depends on your UMS score
    You need to wait and then calculate where you are, you might want to consider a strategic resit of unit 2 when you do unit 4, trust me- it works

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexanderStuart)
    It's definitely derived demand. Derived demand is when the demand for one good comes from the demand for another.

In this case, an increase in the demand for air travel, would lead to an increase in the demand for airline pilots.
    Actually it's joint demand because demand for each would increase at the same rate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by venenecinema)
    Actually it's joint demand because demand for each would increase at the same rate.
    You are wrong, it's derived demand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlnVTlRx4xA
    PAJ HOLDEN IS KING.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, I'm not being rude but guessing your own mark never works
    Well I got a D at AS (first time), then resat one of the units and got a mid B overall. Units 3 and 4 are hard, I found unit 4 less hard than I'm finding unit 3.
    In response to your initial question, is it possible to get an A- well that depends on your UMS score
    You need to wait and then calculate where you are, you might want to consider a strategic resit of unit 2 when you do unit 4, trust me- it works
    haha its cool i just think i had a shocker on the MC but who knows ?! yeah unit 2 is on friday so im hoping to get 50+ plus in that to boost my UMS near the 140 mark. That will put me in good stead for next year. Thanks though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by venenecinema)
    The example we have always used in college is that the demand for doctors is derived from the demand for healthcare.

It's exactly the same, but with air travel and airline pilots.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was good

ReputationRep:
    anyone got any brief notes on the 25 marker for unit 2?

ReputationRep:
    that exam was terrible like what were those MCQ come on examiners you were young once too aLL THOSE YEARS AGO HAVE SOME SYMPAthy ok

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is productive efficiency when a firm operates at the lowest point on its average cost curve

ReputationRep:
    I'm worrying, everybody came out of the exam and said that they really struggled with the multiple choice! I'm not stupid but I'm certainly not that good at economics so I've definitely failed because I thought it was relatively okay apart from a couple of questions that were a bit tricky with 2 options that could have been the answer.

For the pilot question I put derived demand, I'm pleased to see that others have said the same too! Totally screwed up my 8 marker on the university question- redid it which left me short of time on the 25 marker. The points I'd included in the 25 marker were good and developed but it there just wasn't enough of it! I'm not expecting to get over 15 for that as I didn't even do my conclusion.

Time to start cramming for unit 2- fun fun! What are people's predictions about the grade boundaries? Do we think they will be high, low or in the middle? Good luck to everybody for Friday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex-Torres)
    Is productive efficiency when a firm operates at the lowest point on its average cost curve
    Yes. Well at least that's what I put, that's the definition in the text book. How did people find the multiple choice? In my opinion it was difficult in places. I'm a little worried that I only chose option C once out of the entire 25 questions. Did anyone else find themselves in a similar position?

ReputationRep:
    Think I got 18/25 for the MC

5 on definition
    8 on 8
    11 on 12
    20 on 25

62/75

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valkers)
    Yes. Well at least that's what I put, that's the definition in the text book. How did people find the multiple choice? In my opinion it was difficult in places. I'm a little worried that I only chose option C once out of the entire 25 questions. Did anyone else find themselves in a similar position?
    i put B 4 times in a row lol sooooooooo bad

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.