Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    True story:

When asked by my English teacher why I had not handed in my homework, I replied, 'I've done it miss, but it's not yet in my own handwriting.'

She laughed and said 'you can copy it out five times tonight in detention.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliza.anne)
    I often used my period as an excuse not to do homework. :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Erm how exactly do you say this to a male teacher?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fajitamunch)
    Have they actually been used though? Or have you just made them up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have they? Who would actually read all the posts on the initial pages? I just thought and wrote whatever came to my mind!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That awkward moment when you actually done your homework and forgot it at home, but you know if you say that to the teacher they won't believe it. So you come up with a lie as to why you didn't do the homework.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tackla)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In the crudest and most disgusting way possible. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speedy1994)
    Have they? Who would actually read all the posts on the initial pages? I just thought and wrote whatever came to my mind!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well I am the OP so I'm interested This is supposed to be about the funniest excuses you've said or heard. Or just other funny experiences with teachers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fajitamunch)
    Can girls seriously use that excuse? I can see it working on male teachers because the wrath of the period is not to be questioned. Female teachers would know it's bull**** though right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't use it on the same teacher twice, well not very close together anyway. And the female teachers were often really sympathetic. Girl power and all :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    One of the guys in my year at school used to say his Granny had died. I don't know how many times I heard him say that, so I'm guessing that he must had about 10 grannies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mos182)
    One of the guys in my year at school used to say his Granny had died. I don't know how many times I heard him say that, so I'm guessing that he must had about 10 grannies.
    You never know... Slutty parents

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    'I forgot.'

My school hasn't exactly got the most creative students.
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    In S4 I hated my physics teacher so I wouldn't hand it in because I just hated the subject so much because of him. Not really a excuse but he turned round to my friend and I at lunch and asks us what was the homework set for our class. Our blank stares resulted in him saying: "Actually why am I asking you two it's not like you've done it."

Cheeky teacher, the joy when I got an A in the Intermediate 2 when he predicted I'd fail. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I had to use the excuse once that my rabbit ate my homework - it was genuine, but I don't think I've ever been laughed at by a teacher like that before. xD

When I was in sixth form, in an AS history lesson, a guy in my class hadn't done his essay. The teacher asked him where it was, and the guy all of a sudden pointed out the window and was like "look sir, a bird!" - at which point, the teacher marched over to a cupboard by the window, pulled out a pair of binoculars and started looking for this bird. I think he's a member of the RSPB. He then forgot about the essay, and that was the end of that. This guy was definitely taking advantage, but it was pretty hilarious. :p:

ReputationRep:
    "Sorry, Miss, but my Dad died again."

I must have gone through 20 or so fathers.

ReputationRep:
    Excuses, I tripped the fire alarm in my secondary school when I didn't have my gcse coursework after the teacher asked for it three times that week. Whole school on the pavement outside because I forgot my coursework. You're welcome.

ReputationRep:
    There was a guy in my maths class who'd just got new puppies. Classic twist on the "dog ate my homework", he instead proclaimed that his puppies had peed on his homework, even offered to still bring it in.

ReputationRep:
    A Physics teacher who wasn't my biggest fan, but a bit bi-polar was collecting our homework in AS. He got to me and asked for it, I got 'Umm, well..' out of my mouth and he just said You haven't done it. I know. I'm guessing you've got an excuse though, let's hear it then, everyone is waiting.' Whole class is watching with interest.

'Well Sir, my excuse was going to be that I got kept late at work the last 3 nights and have just been too overworked to do it.'
    'And is there any truth to that Steevee?'
    'I was at work late Monady'
    'What about Tuesday and Wednesday?'
    'Well, Tuesday I got Skyrim and kind of lost track of time, and yesterday I was at work, but then my GF had a free house until about 11'
    'Right, well I think we can say we've all been there...the situation, not your GF's house, hand it in tomorrow'

Entire class cracked up, he was a very serious guy 90% of the time, but he had this awfully dry sense of humour that would come out now and again. We think maybe he used to drink sometimes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    'Well Sir, my excuse was going to be that I got kept late at work the last 3 nights and have just been too overworked to do it.'
    'And is there any truth to that Steevee?'
    'I was at work late Monady'
    'What about Tuesday and Wednesday?'
    'Well, Tuesday I got Skyrim and kind of lost track of time, and yesterday I was at work, but then my GF had a free house until about 11'
    'Right, well I think we can say we've all been there...the situation, not your GF's house, hand it in tomorrow'

​PRSOM. That's hilarious :lol:

ReputationRep:
    my teacher asked me if i had done my homework and i said yes you can ask my mum i hooverd my room on saturday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tackla)
    Male teachers are easy - you just have to suggest 'female problems', and they go red and stop talking.

Female teachers are not so sympathetic.

Edit: Actually, I've never said this to either - I'd be way too embarrassed. This is just hearsay from people braver than me.

ReputationRep:
    "... but you never gave us that assignment"

On two occasions I managed to pull to this off, by convincing every single one of my classmates to do the same. In other words, we all pretended the teacher had never given the assignment and thus she assumed she had made a mistake.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.