Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR Spanish GCSE reading and listening discussion, 17th May 2013 watch

ReputationRep:
    prediction for A anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kolasinac138)
    Grade boundary A* predictions anyone?
    A* is normally high, wasn't it at 90% (36) last year? I honestly can't see it being that high this year...but I don't know where they'll put it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Molly_xox)
    A* is normally high, wasn't it at 90% (36) last year? I honestly can't see it being that high this year...but I don't know where they'll put it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what is an A normally?

ReputationRep:
    I hate that feeling when you come out and think " I really wanted to put that but I didn't - but it was right."

ReputationRep:
    2012 boundaries:
    Listening
    A* 30
    A 25
    B 20
    C 16
    D 12

Reading:
    A* 36
    A 32
    B 27
    C 23
    D 19

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got an A then, I'm really really upset with myself

I'm pissed off I didn't put "desarrollar", because I knew it was right

ReputationRep:
    Got an A then, I'm really really upset with myself

I'm pissed off I didn't put "desarrollar", because I knew it was right
    Don't beat yourself up, they might be lower this year as the papers were difficult

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I hope it's 35/40 for the reading. Do you think it might be ?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else put "disfrutar la vida" for the last question?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else put "disfrutar la vida" for the last question?
    Yes, I did because he was talking about settling down and getting married and things and that he was still young wasn't he?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think so

ReputationRep:
    On the reading would you get a mark if you said 'there was a line to the airport'?

ReputationRep:
    I put they are about to build, I'm not sure

ReputationRep:
    Got an A though.

Unless the boundaries are lower

ReputationRep:
    The last two sections (semana santa and the paper factory) were insane. Everyone I knew guessed those, and some of the reading was hard, especially the photography competition - why would you put photos on a carpet? For the other option I put postcards because I recall reading "carterras", but apparently this means portfolio. Annoying since I did well on all of the past papers and felt so motivated to get an A*, but I don't think that's possible after those last two listening sections, they destroyed me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allypetal)
    The last two sections (semana santa and the paper factory) were insane. Everyone I knew guessed those, and some of the reading was hard, especially the photography competition - why would you put photos on a carpet? For the other option I put postcards because I recall reading "carterras", but apparently this means portfolio. Annoying since I did well on all of the past papers and felt so motivated to get an A*, but I don't think that's possible after those last two listening sections, they destroyed me.
    Join the club after a devastating English exam I was looking at Spanish at being my pick-me-up as I've had A*s on equivalent papers for like, 2 years, but no, I felt like crying after that listening the reading was okay, but that photography one was ridiculous, rugs and wallets it turned out to be. WHI EVEN DOES THAT!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I agree haha. Spanish was like my only guaranteed A*, and I ****ed it up.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.