Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Arsey's Edexcel C1 Summer 2013 Model Solutions BOTH PAPERS watch

ReputationRep:
    I got around 63/64 marks would that be an A guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parrallax)
    I got around 63/64 marks would that be an A guys?
    An A is usually around the 80% mark (which would be 60), so... I would say 63/64 is an A?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Arsey, for putting up the mark scheme !!!

ReputationRep:
    how much ums would 69/70 out 75 be?

ReputationRep:
    Full marks, hopefully...

Quick question for Q7b I worked out S20 and then calculated 32x600 I still get 27000 as the end result will I still get full marks? Also for question Q8b I expanded the equation will I get the mark?

ReputationRep:
    For question 3B i got the power right but got the co-efficient wrong how many marks out of 3?

ReputationRep:
    will 60/75 give me an A ?

ReputationRep:
    I was really expecting a horrible paper. Was slightly dreading it due to the previous papers seemingly getting harder and harder but I thought it was pretty good. Fingers crossed for no silly mistakes!

ReputationRep:
    For question 9, where you had to do f''(x) I thought the f'(x) was just f(x) so i differentiated twice and for f'(x) I ended up getting the correct answer of
    -18x^-3+2x for my f'(x) and 54x^-4+2, so will i simply lose 1 mark or gain nothing? But I ended up getting c=-2 by using the right method so it was a simple error. Someone please help...

ReputationRep:
    cheers put my mind at ease...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaGarlai)
    that phone question was some stupid ass question. did S20 instead of S21 and did 32x600 instead of 31x600 -.- at least I'll get the method marks!
    I did the same thing and still got 27000. It should still be a full marks for that question, hopefully...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for putting the solutions up! Adore you for that

I also think the grade boundaries will be around jan 2013. thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kilashakir)
    Thanks for putting the solutions up! Adore you for that

I also think the grade boundaries will be around jan 2013. thoughts?
    I thought it would be higher seeing as this paper was easier compared to Jan 2013.

ReputationRep:
    for the series question i got 27200 due to some silly calculations but my method was correct how much marks would i lose out of 5?

ReputationRep:
    I think i got around 65/75. Could that still be an A?

ReputationRep:
    Around 68or70/75. Was full marks apart from Q11, did the normal bit wrong and thus got a value of the length wrong.

Still, it's above 90% so I'm happy with that

ReputationRep:
    do you have the papers for chemistry and biology unit 3??plz post them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    Here are my solutions to the Core 1 paper. Reasonably straight forward paper I thought.
    Hey thanks for ur paper and I hopefully got an A, but before I used to D's and now I finally got an A thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    Here are my solutions to the Core 1 paper. Reasonably straight forward paper I thought.
    Hi there thanks for posting the papers. May I kindly ask you what u think the grade boundaries would be for this paper? I made some silly errors in some of the parts where about 4or 5 marks were awarded so. Think I got around 64 or 65 out of 75.

ReputationRep:
    On 11d I left the answer as root160, would I lose an answer mark on that?

On 9c I somehow got the constant as 4

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 12, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.