Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Business and Management!

ReputationRep:
    I am looking to do Economics, Finance and International Business... anyone else looking for the same?

ReputationRep:
    Sent in my application for English/Communciations, Media and Culture, nervous now!

ReputationRep:
    Got my conditional offer (BBC) for English/Media only 22 hours after they received my application SO HAPPY OMG

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cremeeggaddict)
    Got my conditional offer (BBC) for English/Media only 22 hours after they received my application SO HAPPY OMG
    Oooh so lucky! Congrats! I'm stressing out so bad, I sent it a week ago for Publishing/Film and havent heard anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barnus)
    Oooh so lucky! Congrats! I'm stressing out so bad, I sent it a week ago for Publishing/Film and havent heard anything.
    Omg thankyou! I'm so happy aww don't worry. it could be loads of different reasons, but remember, no news is good news! Fingers crossed for you, PM me and let me know how it goes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cremeeggaddict)
    Omg thankyou! I'm so happy aww don't worry. it could be loads of different reasons, but remember, no news is good news! Fingers crossed for you, PM me and let me know how it goes!
    Thanks! I will, definitely!

ReputationRep:
    Today at 6:30 I got an email from UCAS saying:

"Something has changed on your UCAS application; please log in to UCAS Track to view the changes."

But when I log onto my UCAS track I still only have three offers, I cant see any changes.. Whys this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    YAY conditional offer for English Language & Communication

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jtbteddy)
    Today at 6:30 I got an email from UCAS saying:

"Something has changed on your UCAS application; please log in to UCAS Track to view the changes."

But when I log onto my UCAS track I still only have three offers, I cant see any changes.. Whys this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey,

Track was down for a few days and idk if you went on the site on a desktop/laptop but it says that a change to the status doesn’t necessarily mean a decision has been made. It could reflect a change to the campus code, course code, the start date, point of entry or conditions for example.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    BA Biomedical science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harvir7)
    Applying to do Economics, Politics and International Relations. Looking to stay in halls.

Cool! I have applied for Economics, Finance and International Business. Also looking to stay in halls.

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer a few days ago for Anthropology/History

ReputationRep:
    Just got a conditional for Film! Still waiting for Publishing and the combined.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone receive a conditional offer with UCAS points rather than grades?

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer for Accounting and Finance.

ReputationRep:
    sent me application off today soooo happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by user_)
    Cool! I have applied for Economics, Finance and International Business. Also looking to stay in halls.
    Hi,

I'd start checking out halls now if I were you - they can be quite oversubscribed but some of the semi-private ones allow booking to secure a place. Hope you get an offer soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophF_rth)
    That would be good! Not long till we apply now :/ Hope to meet a few people on TSR before starting. Only thing that puts me off OB is that there is only accomodation building near the business school and its shared bathroom but catered! Unless I read it wrong. But otherwise looks bood
    Hi,

Brookes has about eight or nine different accommodation options and those further away from the business school have U1 stops outside them (U1 is a BrookesBus, you'll get a pass and be able to travel on them free all year if you stay in any Brookes halls). Hope this helps!

http://www.brookes.ac.uk/studying-at...accommodation/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maryamzahid)
    Applying to do Law LLB here for September 2014. Like an idiot never have been to an open day but I'm trusting my instinct here looks like a really nice university as well. Gonna go to an open day next month. Love how I pick a university 5 hours away from where I live :rolleyes: I picked this university after hearing a couple of my mates go on about so I decided to check for myself. The grade requirements were really reasonable for law (ABB) so I picked it. Also because it is soo far away from home I can have a new start and all if I get a place that is. So far I think I'm the only person on this forum to pick law yet. See loads of people doing accounting and finance.
    Hi there, I take Law at Brookes! Anything you want to ask? I can tell you pretty much anything study/workload related for law (second year now). Good luck with your application! Yes, it is a lovely uni (I know I'm biased but still)

Law is a pretty popular course, the lecturers are friendly and the timetable isn't bad either, so you won't be stressing out much and it'll give you a chance to spread your wings a bit into various areas. First year modules are Foundational Legal Skills, Contract (double), Public (double), Tort (double) and Legal Method.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.