Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7ay7ay)
    Agreed Guru was sick, fav 'Moment of Truth'
    Yeah that song and thst whole album was sick. So annoyed that he died but his music will forever live on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C_G)
    Joey Bada$$ indeed. The guy is 18 and can only improve for the next few years. Imagine when he's on top of his game.
    joey bada$$ is gonna be maddddddd in the coming years omg

ReputationRep:
    Eazy E - Its On. Bumpin that **** erday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Badman1231)
    How dare you compare lil wayne to the greatness that is kendrick lamar
    kendrick lamar is AMAZING but soz-lil wayne is better!!!

ReputationRep:
    WAGWAN guys!!!

ReputationRep:
    Eve went the **** innnnn!!!! She back!!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone listen to the UK underground rap scene if so what are your fave artists?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XXSimranXX)
    Does anyone listen to the UK underground rap scene if so what are your fave artists?
    DVS
    Krept & Konan
    J Spades
    Fekky
    Ghetts
    ...and some others.

Who do you listen to?

ReputationRep:
    A lot really I like listening to channel aka and I get most of it from there. I like Krept and Konan, Cashtastic, Geko, Sneakbo and a lot of others really just depends on like what sounds are out

ReputationRep:
    I like my rap old school... Snoop Dogg back in the day :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasolja123)
    Am i like the only one in the whole ****ing world to LOVE meek mill, kendrick lamar and ESPECIALLY lil wayne!!!!!!!!!!??????????
    That is not Rap.

/Thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LewisG123)
    It's so naive to say that all the success someone like drake has is from autotune. Also please explain the success of someone like jay z, he doesn't use autotune.
    Jay-Z just markets himself well, look at the promotion for his new album for example, he tells people he's the greatest so much everyone just believes him. His music is catchy and un-threatening, middle class white people love it, as do casual Hip-Hop fans, he appeals to people who's only analysis of the music is whether it's a 'tuuuuune' or not. I'd say he's just slightly better than average.

ReputationRep:
    I hate how hipsters dismiss artists like lil wayne and drake based solely off their singles, but no-one can tell me so far gone and tha carter 3 are not masterpieces

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orange s0da)
    I hate how hipsters dismiss artists like lil wayne and drake based solely off their singles, but no-one can tell me so far gone and tha carter 3 are not masterpieces
    There are so many people that go on about Lil Wayne and how amazing his lyrics are and that he's the greatest lyricist ever, which I think is merely an excuse to dismiss the real things that matter. I mean, his entire flow and style is completely inadequate for him to ever be considered the greatest. Even taking into account his lyrics I'd still say that it'd be a push to call him "good", especially when you compare to him other rappers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C_G)
    There are so many people that go on about Lil Wayne and how amazing his lyrics are and that he's the greatest lyricist ever, which I think is merely an excuse to dismiss the real things that matter. I mean, his entire flow and style is completely inadequate for him to ever be considered the greatest. Even taking into account his lyrics I'd still say that it'd be a push to call him "good", especially when you compare to him other rappers.
    You're right but people speak about him as though he's on the same level as soulja boy or lil B but alot of the word play is very intelligent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orange s0da)
    You're right but people speak about him as though he's on the same level as soulja boy or lil B but alot of the word play is very intelligent
    I disagree, listen to this battle from 10:00 to 10:20. That's intelligent wordplay right there.

EDIT: Actually, it's pretty crazy up to like 10:48. **** it, listen to the whole battle. I always forget how ****ing great that battle is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by __Student__)
    Tyler the creator is the best upcoming
    I disagree, i dont like his latest album, although i havent listened to it for a while

For anyone wanting a few good albums to listen to that havent been mentioned
    Frank ocean - orange
    Chance the rapper - acidrap
    Bishop nehru - nehruvia
    Mf doom - madvillian

Flume - flume, not a rap album, but you'll be impressed nonetheless (more ambient/edm)

ReputationRep:
    Not usually my thing but I like Kanye West's new song.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pl,okmijn)
    Mf doom - madvillian
    That's MF DOOM and Madlib (Madvillain), plus the albums called Madvillainy. Second greatest album in history, after Illmatic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C_G)
    That's MF DOOM and Madlib (Madvillain), plus the albums called Madvillainy. Second greatest album in history, after Illmatic.
    Cheers, too tired for this, whenever i think of the album my first thought is the hysterical woman screams, shortly followed by the song accordion
    In fact im going to go to sleep listenig to it, night ya'll

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.