Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenS0ulz)
    I think that they were in one big group and you had to pick 2 for the first section and 2 for the second section.
    I think I got it wrong then Out of interest what did you get the answers as?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SweatyGoldfish)
    I put B and then I worried that that was to obvious so I changed it to A. I think you're probably right, it was one of the foundation questions so I guess it was supposed to be obvious.

I need to stop overthinking thing :rolleyes:
    I nearly changed it but I didn't. I'm not sure I still think you could be right, don't see why else they would mention SMS. I just didn't change cos I changed one of my biology answers to the wrong one last week...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 21stcenturyphantom)
    I stupid translated "Geschenk in dem Wert" as gift card, even though my initial reaction was that it couldn't possibly have been. It was 'gifts to the value of' wasn't it? I wrote that he had left the keys, as the passage clearly states she found her keys and receipt but that the car was not there. What was not in the text was whether the woman complained.
    Yes that was completely what I wrote!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannie Rose)
    I think I got it wrong then Out of interest what did you get the answers as?
    I know this wasn't directed at me but I got the Bookcase and 'tische' I think was a table? For the first 2.

For the second I put the other 2 that wasn't the microwave because I think she said it was too expensive.

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for the listening question about some guy getting a letter from school?
    -He cheated in the test
    -He lost his phone and it has been found
    -He got full marks in the test (not sure if this was the exact option)

I heard ''Handy'' and ''SMS'' but I wasn't sure if that meant it was B, or if he was texting during the test :\
    He cheated. He was finding out the answers using his phone by texting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Randomer96)
    I know this wasn't directed at me but I got the Bookcase and 'tische' I think was a table? For the first 2.

For the second I put the other 2 that wasn't the microwave because I think she said it was too expensive.
    She took the table and microwave with her and bought a new arm chair and bookshelf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angusmccall)
    She took the table and microwave with her and bought a new arm chair and bookshelf
    Wow, I'm so bad at German haha.

ReputationRep:

Ah I put microwave for the first one because I thought she said she hoped it would work for another year. I then got confused about pictures and put a chair or something even thought I thought it was wrong. Because of getting confused about pictures I said she wanted to buy the bookcase and table but I'm pretty sure I'm wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I'm so bad at German haha.
    aaah dont worry, cuz i think the reading and listening paper were quite hard, so they may, hopefully, have low grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    I got the microwave and bookshelf the same as you but my picture problem meant I didn't get the other two

ReputationRep:
    What did you get btw? I didn't put the microwave down because I thought it said it was too expensive to buy. So I just the remaining picture down, I think A.
    On higher?
    I think I put she was going to keep the microwave (because it was too expensive to buy a new one) and keep the table.

I can't remember what I put for section B.
    I know I've done badly. I was really hoping for an A but I think I'm going to get a B...

ReputationRep:
    How hard did you find the reading and listening overall?
    What do you think the grade boundaries will be? To be honest I found both quite hard. But most people at my school kept saying they were not too hard

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for the listening question about some guy getting a letter from school?
    -He cheated in the test
    -He lost his phone and it has been found
    -He got full marks in the test (not sure if this was the exact option)

I heard ''Handy'' and ''SMS'' but I wasn't sure if that meant it was B, or if he was texting during the test :\
    I interpreted it as he was trying to get answers/send answers via SMS... so I put A, but I'm really not sure!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niara_Kayber)
    I interpreted it as he was trying to get answers/send answers via SMS... so I put A, but I'm really not sure!
    I put A for that part as well, and then for the part after it that his mother should be pleased

ReputationRep:
    What really confused me was in the listening- what job did the woman want? (the one where she was saying that she knows languages and all of that?)

ReputationRep:
    Yes that was completely what I wrote!
    It's wrong though isn't it? As 'Gift card' and 'gift to the value of' are two different things. Oh well!

What really confused me was in the listening- what job did the woman want? (the one where she was saying that she knows languages and all of that?)
    She said she wanted to become an interpreter. 'Dolmetscher' means 'Interpreter' as dolmetschen means to interpret. For the reason I wrote that she already knew two languages and wants to learn more; but in truth she gave about three reasons so I am not sure if all of them will be right or if they were looking for a reason in particular, as the question didn't state "the most important reason" like other questions sometimes too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenS0ulz)
    I put A for that part as well, and then for the part after it that his mother should be pleased
    Yay, same here! I think that was right...

ReputationRep:
    I said translator and to work abroad but I don't think that's the correct job! She spoke too fast I think and the start of the word sounded like 'Dol-'. Sorry!

ReputationRep:
    I put translator, 2 of my friends also put translator. But I have no clue if that's right.

ReputationRep:
    I just put ''A job involving foreign languages''.

It was probably translator or something like that though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.