Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What would someone say 100 UMS would be on this paper in terms of raw marks? 71?

ReputationRep:
    for the last question, I got 4 values, but 3 of my values were the answers. Dont know where the random value came, any ideas on how much marks i'll be able to get?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by kiraeil)
    What was the working for 5ii) the question on finding the perimeter? Thanks.
    Use the cosine rule to find BD= 12.2

Use s=r \theta to find the arc BC = 16 x 0.8

Add DC to BC to BD
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by eggfriedrice)
    Thanks Mr M! Looks like I made two stupid mistakes :/

Q3) I put 64+960x +3000x ^2
    Q 4) ii a =1/2 (didn't notice the ^- so didn't flip)

How many marks lost?
    Drop 1 mark for Q3 and probably 1 mark for Q4.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by milesw97)
    For question 9)ii) I inspected the cubic correctly to get a linear and a quadratic factor but somehow managed to get the + and - signs the wrong way round when I factorised by quadratic, getting (2x+3)(x-1). How many marks do you think this will cost me? Also, I then carried this error forwards into 9)iii) but used the correct method and got 2 of the 3 answers. Is there an allowance for error carried forwards or will I lose more marks here?
    Drop 2 marks on 9 ii) and get full marks on 9 iii) probably.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by CalBeans)
    I got the value for C as 24 and dont understand how it is -11 can you explain the answer in more detail please?
    Well if you work out the coefficient of x you obtain:

8640+384c=4416
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Thanks- If I worked out the missing side and arc length correctly but made a silly mistake for the length of the last side how many marks would i get. Thanks
    drop 1 or 2 if you are unlucky
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by 5foot)
    How many marks will I get for the area under the curve if I got the equation of the tangent wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you need to provide more information

ReputationRep:
    I put (x+0.5)(2x+2)(2x-3) for 9ii- this multiplies out the same, will i still get the marks? Thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    How many marks do you think I would get if worked area of small triangle and equation of tangent correct- 2 marks?? Thanks

For the area under curve question would I get some marks for workings as i worked out equation of tangent and area of small triangle but got complete wrong answer?
    thanks
    3 marks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by MR.Mlover)
    Mr M, i love you, take me back
    I've moved on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    Well if you work out the coefficient of x you obtain:

8640+384c=4416
    (3*3*960)+(64*6) = 4416 (just to clarify for you) (for MrMlover, not sure why it went to MrM)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Ellie_Rosa)
    For question 8 i a and b I put y=1 and y=4 instead of coordinates - will I lose the marks?
    Unfortunately yes.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by NZK1W1)
    This went so well thanks for putting up your answers Mr. M, they were all the same as what i got!
    You must be mega-brainy then.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by geekD96)
    Heeeey for (4b) I never got this (i) (2 marks)
    I got -6x^-4+k can u explain what I did rong
    When you integrate you add one to the power, not subtract one.

ReputationRep:
    For 6ii my working were completely correct it came out correct . I did the logs bit and got 17.2 because that was the actual answer. Would I lose marks for not rounding it down?
    Thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by mcavengers)
    For 7ii) I forgot to put the exact value so I put 1.23 (3sf) instead of 37/30. How many marks will I lose? :s
    Drop 1 mark if you showed supporting working.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Namige)
    For 8 i) i said it crossed y axis at x= 0 therefore...

But i didn't state the coordinates specifically ie. In the format (x,y). Would i still get the mark ?
    I don't think you will get any credit for that - sorry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    Unfortunately yes.

Dear Mr M,

For the geometric sequence question where n was less than or equal to 17.193..., I acheived that result with working out (which I believe was sufficient) and then I put n is less than or equal to (_<) 17 as it must be a whole number. However, I did not write n = 17, I wrote n _< 17 (less than or equal to). This seems to be quite a precarious mark because would I lose a mark, as technically N can limit up to 17, and it can't go past, but then I know that you could argue N could be any integer value below 17. Do you think I would lose a mark, and if so, only 1?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Whyllee)
    I got 59-62 marks do you think this will be an A? Everyone is saying it was easy, could you hazard a guess at the grade boundaries?

and also for 9ii) I got wrote (2x-3)(x+1) without the previous answer but then I wrote so x= -1/2 +2/3 or -1 will I lose a mark for having not written (2x+1)(2X-3)(X+1) ???
    I don't guess grade boundaries. Think you will lose one for failing to fully factorise f(x).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.