Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MukhtarA)
    are they that harsh on s.f.
    I doubt it... though I think they will be very harsh on units

ReputationRep:
    what does error carried follow mean and is this paper error carried paper if so

ReputationRep:
    what does error carried follow mean and is this paper error carried paper if so
    This is when you get an answer wrong earlier in the question. But you can still get full marks in other parts due to error carried forwards.

It states in the mark scheme that you can not lose marks for s.f unless it states for an specfic s.f or you round too early (1s.f rounding = very unaccurate. You only do 1s.f rounding when its about uncertainties).

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know that if you just put the answer down but no working out, would you still get all the marks if it is correct

ReputationRep:
    anyone have an unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imconfused)
    I doubt it... though I think they will be very harsh on units
    The maximum amount of marks you can lose for unit errors is two. That means even if you don't put units on any of your answers throughout the whole paper, you will only lose two marks.

does anyone know that if you just put the answer down but no working out, would you still get all the marks if it is correct
    I'm pretty sure you only get the answer mark, no method marks.

ReputationRep:
    btw what was the answer for the initial velocity

ReputationRep:
    btw what was the answer for the initial velocity
    8?
    acceleration was 3?
    final was 23?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mo_sudani)
    8?
    acceleration was 3?
    final was 23?
    think initial was 8, acceleration was 6. final was 38

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    think initial was 8, acceleration was 6. final was 38
    fffssssss
    yeah your right

fotgot it was '1/2' at2 dammmmmmmmm

i should get error carried forward on the final velocity though i guess -.-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mo_sudani)
    fffssssss
    yeah your right

fotgot it was '1/2' at2 dammmmmmmmm

i should get error carried forward on the final velocity though i guess -.-
    Yes, not to worry you'll get all the ecf marks, so you may only drop 1/2 marks max

ReputationRep:
    I swear it said it accelerated from rest? So why wouldn't it be 0 for initial?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stacie0395)
    I swear it said it accelerated from rest? So why wouldn't it be 0 for initial?
    thats exactly what i put down but then using that answer, the next part seemed wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreat1)
    thats exactly what i put down but then using that answer, the next part seemed wrong
    Someone explained it to me today. I must have imagined it started form rest but it never actually said it anywhere. Silly marks dropped there

ReputationRep:
    can anyone post the actual paper up

ReputationRep:
    yeah i got 6 ohms, what name is given between point A and point B on a circuit. this was for 2 marks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.