Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What message have you ever wrote to an examiner in an exam paper? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walkervince)
    No you didn't, why lie?
    You either didn't read my comment properly, or just love making assumptions.

It was all done on mocks marked by my teachers. I also still did the questions, just included those messages as well.
    And obviously I knew the teachers were the type that would not get offended or get me in trouble for it.

But you don't have to believe me, you sad child.

ReputationRep:
    Classics paper (marked by my teacher / mock)
    I wrote "I have such a bad cold, so unless you want me to die of all this thinking and writing I recommend you give me full marks for this question because I'm seriously so tired to do it" - it was only 5 marks and I managed to answer everything else correctly (A* :woo:) but I genuinely was ill which made it harder for me to work

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am always doing this in my exams :L

This year I've got 7 maths exams and I'm putting maths jokes and nerdy stuff in them all... In s1 today I drew a normal distribution graph and next to it a paranormal distribution graph (a graph with a ghost instead of a bell shape XD )

ReputationRep:
    Not really a note to an examiner, but still, AQA Level 2 certificate in Preparation for Working Life... serious stuff.

One question was asking me what the effects would be on someone if they drank a lot of beer, I put "She'd be drunk." Then on another question about someone not having a job I said something like, "She'd have a lot of time on her hands, and may be thinking of funding an intergalactic invasion of Earth."

And RE, at the end of one question I just put, "I've run out of ideas, sorry."

ReputationRep:
    In a DT test, there was a question on CAD/CAM and I had no clue... so I wrote: I don't know the answer to this question so I'm going to draw a cat instead, as they sound similar.

I did, I actually got 4/12 for it, but I was also given a detention and made to retake the test -_-

ReputationRep:
    Well during a mock I had on Wednesday I had one HELL of a breakdown. I wrote this:

"I'mgonnafailI'mgonnafailI'mgonn afail turtle (then a doodle of a turtle) I honestly believe I cannot do this, I have no idea why I'm doing Computing, please don't bother marking this. I'll be leaving now."

I then handed in my paper 50 minutes early and walked out. True A* material right here
    :moon: :emo: :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Never in an exam that counts but in mocks or past papers marked by teachers I do it all the time, usually apologies for my awful handwriting or for going off topic, and also little notes like "i think thats a word" Haha

ReputationRep:
    I have a tendency to include hidden messages - never as explicit as you all! My latest religion one I included how a religion student achieving his grades and going to university would cause more pleasure than not doing so and would be viewed as a moral act in utilitarianism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x beffy x)
    I am always doing this in my exams :L

This year I've got 7 maths exams and I'm putting maths jokes and nerdy stuff in them all... In s1 today I drew a normal distribution graph and next to it a paranormal distribution graph (a graph with a ghost instead of a bell shape XD )
    EPIC! Hahahaha

ReputationRep:
    My mate did this today believe it or not, asked the examiner to 'please pass me' kept it short and sweet lol, not the most creative, but I know he actually did it, hes done much worse lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brittanna)
    I'm tempted to write in one of my maths papers: I have discovered a truly remarkable proof which this page is too small to contain .
    I was having quite a bad day, this cheered me up, thanks for that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dooobie_)
    I once wrote 'I don't think I can do this' after I scribbled a paragraph out in my GCSE English Language exam and I started again underneath and got an A*. The school got the script back as an exemplar and at the side the examiner put 'Yes you can'. Honestly, best feeling I've ever had. A stranger having belief and faith in me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is so awesome, I didn't think they'd actually do that. You should look back on it everytime you feel stressed and it'll make you feel good. Well done for getting such a good grade too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonoahx)
    Not really a note to an examiner, but still, AQA Level 2 certificate in Preparation for Working Life... serious stuff.

One question was asking me what the effects would be on someone if they drank a lot of beer, I put "She'd be drunk." Then on another question about someone not having a job I said something like, "She'd have a lot of time on her hands, and may be thinking of funding an intergalactic invasion of Earth."

And RE, at the end of one question I just put, "I've run out of ideas, sorry."
    Why? Couldn't you think of anything funny to say?

ReputationRep:
    "I don't know why I bother"
    "**** Maths" All over the pages
    "Why?" All over the pages

I also recently coloured in every hole in letters on my physics test. It's safe to say I've failed my first year of Civil Engineering and I couldn't care less!

ReputationRep:
    I wrote help a lot and what is this, and I have crossed out parts of questions I don't like. Not that it has got me any more marks...
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I was forced to do Additional Maths in high school, so I bull****ted my way through a two hour paper and wrote a letter to the examiner about how our teacher was so bad that he didn't even tell us his name.

It wasn't even a lie.

ReputationRep:
    I also refused to answer a Latin translation properly as I didn't understand it so I drew a comic book strip of what I thought was happening. Something to do with a giant snake. Ended up getting a B on that paper!

ReputationRep:
    Erm, in year 11 my entire English Literature exam was a story about how I was going to fail my English Literature exam. Got a B. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Reading everyone's comments on here. It seems I must be the only to have sent the examiner nothing but wrong answers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pizzle223)
    "I don't know why I bother"
    "**** Maths" All over the pages
    "Why?" All over the pages
    Why you bull****ting?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.