Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jo7777)
    Guys how do you find the minimum and maximum possible values of the midrange of a histogram?
    Please help!
    Q1: http://www.mei.org.uk/files/papers/2011_June_s1.pdf
    0+3000/2 = 1500
    and 1000+4000/2 = 2500 init

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please help me regarding vertical line graphs... I have attached a pic of how I draw mine. Is that okay? Or do I have to make them chunkier to get the marks for mei S1? If that makes sense8) please help Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1369324820.712910.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  152.4 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    the easiest one is (sum of x^2) - (n x mean^2)
    divided by n-1
    ALL SQUARED
    I used that one on a question I just did, and the mark scheme said it was wrong, I'm so confused!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tryingtolearn95)
    Can someone please help me regarding vertical line graphs... I have attached a pic of how I draw mine. Is that okay? Or do I have to make them chunkier to get the marks for mei S1? If that makes sense8) please help Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1369324820.712910.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  152.4 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That looks fine :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo_maths)
    0+3000/2 = 1500
    and 1000+4000/2 = 2500 init
    Ahh thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zangorou)
    I used that one on a question I just did, and the mark scheme said it was wrong, I'm so confused!
    You maybe put the numbers in wrong
    What's the question and I'll see if I can help

ReputationRep:
    It's not all squared, it's all square rooted! If that wasn't the error then check your values in the calculator again.

ReputationRep:
    You maybe put the numbers in wrong
    What's the question and I'll see if I can help
    Q2 part i

http://integralmaths.org/resources/f...1/2005_Jan.pdf

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    These are the formulas and when to use which one

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SonamH)
    These are the formulas and when to use which one

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you!

The standard deviation is the same though, I don't understand why it's not working

ReputationRep:
    If anyone's got any queries or questions that they are stuck on I'm free to help as I've finished my revision now!

ReputationRep:
    Can't get on there - don't have an account

ReputationRep:
    I just did another question & the median was n/2!! UGH. I always Guess for n+1/2. I figure that in Cumulative Frequency questions its just n/2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TypoCool)
    If anyone's got any queries or questions that they are stuck on I'm free to help as I've finished my revision now!
    what is the probability that the exam is difficult given the previous exam was easy? LOL

ReputationRep:
    Name:  mathsq.png
Views: 112
Size:  27.3 KB

Can't get on there - don't have an account

ReputationRep:
    what is the probability that the exam is difficult given the previous exam was easy? LOL
    Lol, I'd say that it won't be too difficult! Not much more they can ask, take a look at the 2011 june series which is one of the harder ones, if you master that you' ll get an A for sure!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkWillow)
    I just did another question & the median was n/2!! UGH. I always Guess for n+1/2. I figure that in Cumulative Frequency questions its just n/2.
    It is n+1 with frequency tables
    And it is n with cumulative frequencies only

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TypoCool)
    Lol, I'd say that it won't be too difficult! Not much more they can ask, take a look at the 2011 june series which is one of the harder ones, if you master that you' ll get an A for sure!
    Yeah the old ones don't look that bad but I'm kinda worried that mei may mess up the wording again like in c2 an the other june 2013 papers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the old ones don't look that bad but I'm kinda worried that mei may mess up the wording again like in c2 an the other june 2013 papers
    I have noticed that papers are becoming more wordy! But just remember that they want you to do all the things you've done in the mocks just in different situations and circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  mathsq.png
Views: 112
Size:  27.3 KB
    So for i)
    mean is 83.95/8 = 10.49
    sum of squares:
    all of the x values squared is 881.2119
    881.2119 - 8 x 10.49^2 = 0.8911
    0.8911/7 = 0.1273
    square root of this is 0.357
    so standard deviation is 0.357

Is that the correct answer?

Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.