Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I find it funny how we all are worrying so much over this 1 mark! haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smougii)
    Hated the true/false question with "college/ecole" I put true purely on the basis that I think I already had 4 falses, did the sport essay but as I rambled on, anyone know what they do if the essay is over 200-250 words? I think I must have done around 400 because I just didn't know how to end it! Annoyed their was nothing on fashion since it seems to be all we've studied for the last couple of months, didn't come up on either exam!

I did say last night WJEC were poor and they've shown it again there!
    If you write more than 280 words they don't mark it. If your second argument etc and conclusion are after 280 words they treat your essay as not having a conclusion... so you may get a lower UQR mark out of 20.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ant_C_LFC)
    What did everyone get for the 2nd listening question? I struggled a bit with two of the answers
    Remind me, what did you put? I've completely forgotten the paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beths_7)
    Remind me, what did you put? I've completely forgotten the paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was the one with the 5 gaps in the paragraph 'insisté' was one of the answers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baddeleyh)
    If you write more than 280 words they don't mark it. If your second argument etc and conclusion are after 280 words they treat your essay as not having a conclusion... so you may get a lower UQR mark out of 20.
    Ah *******s, that's what I expected having read this, seems like the sort of thing my teacher should have told me :/

Still seems ludicrous that I get a lower mark for writing MORE good french! Frustrating but nothing I can do about it now. Thanks for your response anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah fingers crossed, shocking question though! Not the first I've seen on past papers either!
    Nor the only bad question on this paper! I think the "tres peu d'eleves..." question was poor too. Perhaps I'm being a bit pedantic, but 10% could be a small or a large amount, depending on what it's relative to! I ticked true, but 10% of kids being bullied I wouldn't really describe as "tres peu."

ReputationRep:
    anyone know if its À pratiquer or DE pratiquer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikey2912)
    anyone know if its À pratiquer or DE pratiquer?
    I went for de I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vernish)
    Nor the only bad question on this paper! I think the "tres peu d'eleves..." question was poor too. Perhaps I'm being a bit pedantic, but 10% could be a small or a large amount, depending on what it's relative to! I ticked true, but 10% of kids being bullied I wouldn't really describe as "tres peu."
    YES! I'd forgotten about that! I ticked true too but 10% seems like a high number when talking about bullying stats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ant_C_LFC)
    It was the one with the 5 gaps in the paragraph 'insisté' was one of the answers
    Oh yeah, I had 'insisté',I can't remember what order these were but I had 'eux' (I think that's wrong) 'en' (likewise) and I think 'apprendre'? Or that could be something else entirely...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    YES! I'd forgotten about that! I ticked true too but 10% seems like a high number when talking about bullying stats!
    You could have ticked false for that one and not be strictly wrong. That whole question was a disaster!

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I ticked true as well! That's a stupid question really, it's not testing our French, but testing whether we think 10% is high or not..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beths_7)
    Oh yeah, I had 'insisté',I can't remember what order these were but I had 'eux' (I think that's wrong) 'en' (likewise) and I think 'apprendre'? Or that could be something else entirely...
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I had all those too. Was "suffit" the other one?

ReputationRep:
    I went for de I think.
    oooh controversial! gonna have to look it up

ReputationRep:
    Oh good! Yep I had that word definitely, but I don't think I spelt it like that! That does look right though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got all of those too, except I had a complete mental block and put 'on' instead of 'en' and I have no idea why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zebrajess)
    But the intro specifically said 'dans un primaire'. Were we just meant to ignore that bit?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thats what I thought, I'll speak to him when I next see him because its confused me!

ReputationRep:
    I had that but spelt it 'suffi' I think. Never heard of it before and no idea what it means :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zebrajess)
    I had that but spelt it 'suffi' I think. Never heard of it before and no idea what it means :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Means "to suffice" I think, and if I remember right it was on, so it has a 't', could be wrong on that.

ReputationRep:
    Means "to suffice" I think, and if I remember right it was on, so it has a 't', could be wrong on that.
    Ah right. I can't remember but I think you're probably right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.