The Student Room Group

IGCSE English Language Monday 20th May 2013, Anthology A poll

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Tweakey
A lot of my friends say that, end up with A's and still say they didn't do well. Which pisses me off tbh

trust me, when i say i didn't do good, i don't get good.
Reply 61
the very first question felt like a maths question....
Ok, I got a D then. I didn't think to comment on language at all, for some reason :s-smilie:

I didn't talk about heart of london or etc
Reply 63
Original post by Kolasinac138
Ok, I got a D then. I didn't think to comment on language at all, for some reason :s-smilie:

I didn't talk about heart of london or etc

You still got paper 2 to make up for it. Just prepare yourself mentally.
Reply 64
Original post by Tweakey
I meant how many marks are there in total from both papers

Right sorry I get you me being stupid :/ erm well the one today was out of 60 and the lit is also out of 60 I think but there's also coursework which makes up a large percentage of the grade if you're doing coursework, some schools don't...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tweakey
You still got paper 2 to make up for it. Just prepare yourself mentally.

nope. i did paper 1,3,4 and ive completed 3,4
Here comes an E... anyway, i should have commented on the "heart" and so on - i am so dumb ( exam pressure )
I am studying 'To kill a mockingbird' and 'Henry V' for tomorrows literature exam. Any ideas on what questions could crop up?
Reply 68
Original post by kat.girl
Right sorry I get you me being stupid :/ erm well the one today was out of 60 and the lit is also out of 60 I think but there's also coursework which makes up a large percentage of the grade if you're doing coursework, some schools don't...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, I'm a private candidate doing Edexcel iGCSE Language A, don't think theres Lit. So is it 40 marks for paper 2 or 60 marks as well?
Reply 69
Original post by Tweakey
Does anyone know the grade boundaries for Edexcel iGCSE English Language Option A?

Both papers combined are out of 100.

Personally I need a B grade which I believe is around 55 marks.

What are you aiming for?
Reply 70
Original post by sam955
Both papers combined are out of 100.

Personally I need a B grade which I believe is around 55 marks.

What are you aiming for?

Happy with a C but prefer a higher grade.
What do you think grade boundaries will be for langauge?
Reply 72
Hi, everyone :smile:

I personally found the unseen reading quite difficult (not the text itself, but the questions rather), and I felt like I didn't really say thaaaat much for the long question.
And omg, I was kind of "glad" when I saw the narwhal text: it was the one I prepared for the most (which isn't saying much, to be honest, but you get my point). I had a feeling that it would come up (feminine intuition????? hahahaha), because of random jokes I had with a friend who's totally obsessed with narwhals, so for some reason I was all like "I'm SURE this text will come up"... it's stupid, I know. And since I really hated that text, I trusted a bit my gut instinct and revised it a bit. So yay. Moreover, the question was the same as the practice one we had done in class (thank you, Paul, I owe you one).

Whereas for once I think I was ok in the reading, I think I wasn't that good in the writing (last year's paper was soooo much easier...). I mean, I couldn't think of an "important decision" in my life, like... wtf? I tried to get by with something, but not sure if it was any good. The letter question I also found "hard" because of timing.

Though I'm being a pessimist with the exam, I'm pretty sure I got a B at least, but the thing is that I really can't afford to get less than an A in English...
ANYONE knowing which texts that arent coming for section B
Is there a poll for paper 2 language?
Did "Disabled" come out in January this year???!?
Original post by candyfloss.head
Did "Disabled" come out in January this year???!?
i think so i heard disabled, out out- and refugee blues probably won't come up
Reply 77
Original post by daniel.njuguna
ANYONE knowing which texts that arent coming for section B

You can't be certain, but the most unlikely ones are:

Disabled (January 2013)

Out, Out (June 2012)

Refugee Blues (January 2012)

Veronica (June 2011)

Reply 78
I'm thinking unknown girl

Posted from TSR Mobile