Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Were you bullied, what was the worst thing they did? watch

• View Poll Results: Were you bullied?
    Yes!
    68.52%
    No!
    31.48%

ReputationRep:
    My own brother got me on the floor, open up my legs, and his friend stamped on my nuts, I would like to see him do that now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    Oh there's nothing wrong with it, it's just she is a massive w4nker so she deserves it.

Lots of people have said that about the voice
    LOL I never really see any of my bullys since I moved from england to here lol kinda fortunate I guess,

I imagine so, it makes somthing funny funnier because its almost like hes said it himself lol.

Was like this bodybuilder guy called scooby duno if youve heard of him, anyway he has a very distinct voice, and If I ever read an article by him I just unconciously read it in his voice lol.

But back to the point, getting her to help with bags etc, brilliant lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeM90)
    LOL I never really see any of my bullys since I moved from england to here lol kinda fortunate I guess,

I imagine so, it makes somthing funny funnier because its almost like hes said it himself lol.

Was like this bodybuilder guy called scooby duno if youve heard of him, anyway he has a very distinct voice, and If I ever read an article by him I just unconciously read it in his voice lol.

But back to the point, getting her to help with bags etc, brilliant lol
    I haven't, but people with distinct voices are awesome!

Most of mine have either moved away or don't bother me any more, I saw one though who took a photo of me in the apple show for no reason :confused: I called her out on it and she backed down, funny how they're massive pussies on their own

ReputationRep:
    I came to the UK from USA when I was younger; two girls made a habit of following me around and calling me names and mimicking my accent. As my parents moved around quite alot, this process repeated we settled in to one area.

As I got older I would get a lot of sniggering behind my back or I would be set up in to situations designed to cause me embarassment. Eventually, when was about 14 my 'friends' decided to turn on me as I was quite swotty.

It is quite interesting the way some bullies react to being 'found out'. I did report a group of people when I was about 13 for bullying a girl in my class. They were punished by the school and everyone moved on... sort of.

The girl suffered from mental health problems through until she was 16 and left school, and I know the experience of being bullied affected her severely.

Those responsible carried on to do their A-Levels and actually made a snide comment to me when we were about 17 because I had reported them. It was obvious they had learnt nothing.

It just so happens that one of her bullies was the school's 'golden boy' who went on to Oxbridge and and is now an academic. I would imagine he isn't particularly proud of his behaviour now.

ReputationRep:
    I was bullied by a boy at the age of about 6/7. Several times my parents had complained about him. One day I came home, told my mum that the boy had done this and that again and she said "just because you are a girl doesn't mean that you can't retaliate. You need to show that you are stronger than him."
    So i went back into school and shouted at him and kind of picked on him a little bit for that one day. After that, he stopped bullying me and used to avoid me all the time.
    Obviously that kind of retaliation when you are older would probably end up in you getting a straight punch. But i have to say, i think that my mum did right, telling me that i need to become a little stronger rather than giving me a hug and telling me it will all be okay. It definitely made me less sensitive and a lot more aware of what bullying is and how sometimes teachers cant always nip it in the bud, so sometimes you have to do it yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Okay this isn't bullying because it only happened once but it affected me quite a lot so I'll say it.

I think I was in Year 6. These girls walked past me and for some unfathomable reason laughed at me and said something about me being a 'tree' (I'm quite dark skinned).

I didn't say anything but I when I got home I cried so much. I didn't understand why they would hurt me like that for no reason whatsoever (I had never seen them before in my life). I know being called a tree isn't even that insulting (I know that now) but just the fact they wanted to make me sad hurt a lot.

My parents comforted me and were saying silly stuff like 'at least trees are strong'.

Obviously there will always be people who are racist in this world but nowadays I'm not affected at all when it's aimed at me. If you think about it - why on earth do you care about their words or opinion about you when they mean nothing to you? I'm saying they mean nothing because you don't know them. You shouldn't care about what people who you don't care about think about you.

The only time I get angry is if somebody is racist to someone else. It's only because I don't know if that person would take the 'insult' to heart so I defend them.

its quite sad reading all these stories about people being bullied - I only hope people read these stories and know that their not alone and that it does get better. We should do everything in our power to stop others being bullied - otherwise we're no better than the bullies. (I always try to remember that when I see someone getting bullied).

God bless.

ReputationRep:
    I have never been bullied much, only when I was in primary school (in my secondary school, I'm extremely popular )
    In my primary school, I was never allowed to participate in playing games in lunch such as my favorite sport, football as all the kids were taking the goals and selfishly using it for themselves only, and the worst part is when I told a teacher, she didn't do s***, just wished me luck dealing with it. The biggest bully of all was my 'friend' who turned on me, he became the by-far the worst person I have ever met. However, when he wasn't with all his friends, he was quite nice to me. Which I hated quite a lot...
    But when I look back, they don't hold a candle to my achivements now, finishing my iGCSE 3 years early (hence my name :P) , going onto university 3 years early.
    The main tip I'll give, is to report them. If your school is as cr** and the teachers are jackas*es like my one, just COMPLETELY ignore them. Find a friend and stick with him, do well in your classes, and I guarantee they'll either ignore you or come running back to you.
    hope I helped

ReputationRep:
    Not really, maybe a few times in primary school.

ReputationRep:
    Beaten up for having cancer, lovely Coventry.

Would love to see them attempt it now
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    I was bullied. I used to think I deserved it, but I didn't - nobody does.

I really hate it though when they try to act like they did nothing a year later, like they never made you cry, isolated you, turned everyone against you, essentially ruined your life, and then they have the audacity, after you've left school, to come talk to you and be all smiley and say "Aww, I've missed you, how are you?" I find it truly reprehensible. They didn't acknowledge that what they did was really damaging, they didn't even say sorry.

However, I've tried to forgive them and forget, because every time I think about life back then, I just feel depressed.

ReputationRep:
    yep, i moved around a lot when I was little and ended up in ireland after moving from the uk. There are quite a few racist people in Ireland against English people after all the history between the two countries. And even at a young age of 6-7 kids were mean and took this piss of my accent. In secondry school lots of kids told me to go back to my own country, called me fat slut and other names. I left school at 17 and didnt finish cas I hated it, and was ignored by everyone when I'd go in when i started to miss more and more days. When i'd go in a few *****es made it there business to be mean and tell me I'd never pass my leaving cert (a levels). such a shame there are people like that, what comes round goes round hopefully!
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Daniel_R)
    Beaten up for having cancer, lovely Coventry.

Would love to see them attempt it now

That's absolutely disgusting. What on earth is wrong with people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymouspie227)
    That's absolutely disgusting. What on earth is wrong with people?
    Guess they was young and stupid and didn't know any better, most of them apologized to me later on in life and i aint the one to hold grudges.

ReputationRep:
    I was called a mushroom by some older guys when I was in y7 and y8.... my hair did resemble a mushroom unfortunately it annoyed me a lot then but it didn't have much impact, just made me more self conscious and get a better haircut.

ReputationRep:
    I started getting bullied when I was three. Why? Because my brother died.

These four year olds were actually coming up to me and saying "Your brother's dead, your mum will be next", taunting me constantly about it. Why? Well, it was mainly two sisters whose mom is a complete... yeah, let's not go there, and I can only imagine it was jealousy of the attention I got. I'd more than happily have switched places with them!

Then it carried on, and I got it because I was born in England and everyone else was born in Wales - but also, because I was good at speaking Welsh when everyone else was terrible at it :lolwut: Yeah, maybe I was an easy target because my brother's death really affected me, but that doesn't make what they did excusable in any way.

Anyway, long story short, these girls are now both unemployed, have a terrible reputation, they're complete ****s and they look like they've been gangbanged by a packet of wotsits, whereas I'm at uni and happy and know where my future is headed. Result

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madders94)
    Anyway, long story short, these girls are now both unemployed, have a terrible reputation, they're complete ****s and they look like they've been gangbanged by a packet of wotsits, whereas I'm at uni and happy and know where my future is headed. Result
    That was always my satisfaction too. I got bullied all through primary school. I don't really remember the specifics anymore but I remember it happened. My mum said to me to just think that in 10 years I would be successful and they would be wasters. It was true. Though one of them is dead now so not quite an accurate prediction.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beckyweck)
    That was always my satisfaction too. I got bullied all through primary school. I don't really remember the specifics anymore but I remember it happened. My mum said to me to just think that in 10 years I would be successful and they would be wasters. It was true. Though one of them is dead now so not quite an accurate prediction.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's what my mom used to say and I never believed her until now.

Honestly, I've never been one to wish death or bad health on people, but if either of these two girls (there were others, but not as bad) were to either die or have someone they love pass away, I'd say good, hope it was painful/haunts them for the rest of their life, and carry on with my own life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madders94)
    I started getting bullied when I was three. Why? Because my brother died.

These four year olds were actually coming up to me and saying "Your brother's dead, your mum will be next", taunting me constantly about it. Why? Well, it was mainly two sisters whose mom is a complete... yeah, let's not go there, and I can only imagine it was jealousy of the attention I got. I'd more than happily have switched places with them!

Then it carried on, and I got it because I was born in England and everyone else was born in Wales - but also, because I was good at speaking Welsh when everyone else was terrible at it :lolwut: Yeah, maybe I was an easy target because my brother's death really affected me, but that doesn't make what they did excusable in any way.

:rofl: I'm stealing that. I can't rep you at the moment but I will. Good to see you've overcome it and are doing considerably better than them.

ReputationRep:
    I had acne at school, and one day someone said (when it was quiet in class): "IKB, don't you wash?".

My confidence was ruined and it never rematerialized for years.

ReputationRep:
    I wear a hijab and someone said to me : hey, can I borrow that tea towel from ur head...ok little old ladies wear mini head scarves and nuns wear head thingies but boo...they had to target me.. Also because my hair is super wavy thick if I brush it it goes frizzy. my friend had called mt hair a donkey tail, hairy gorillas back, rat tail, horse tail.and her MUM said my hair looks like a dog tail :'(
    I have fat fingers, ok there not that fat lol but this girl used to say to me... Does ur mum have fat fingers or ur dad, who do U take after ? Also someone threw a sharp pencil in my eye...my primary years in school were the crappiest

Secondary was awesome besides when someone threatened to get her gang of friends and beat me up..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.