I'm 17 he's 40 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisistheend)
    That's quite incomprehensible tbh.
    "PRACTICE YOUR BLUES"?
    "WORK ON YOUR BAR CHORDS"?!

He's pretending to be the teacher :|
    Whhooosshhhhh - That's the sound of the punchline, going right over your head!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheldor)
    Whoosh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I cracked at this part. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Girl, Im not saying go for it and and Im not siding on anyone since this is basically a one-sided story but if we're talking about age gap..then my previous landlord who is in his early 70s is sleeping with a 20 year old girl. And before anyone neg me and tell me Im making this up, I am not. Long story short the girl converted to Jehovas Witnesses but her family didnt approve so gave her a hard time. She didnt have a job so couldnt afford to move out. Then came in my old landlord to the rescue. I guess you can figure out what happened next 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    urm out of all the guys in the world you want a 40 year old man?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamsuperjai)
    Girl, Im not saying go for it and and Im not siding on anyone since this is basically a one-sided story but if we're talking about age gap..then my previous landlord who is in his early 70s is sleeping with a 20 year old girl. And before anyone neg me and tell me Im making this up, I am not. Long story short the girl converted to Jehovas Witnesses but her family didnt approve so gave her a hard time. She didnt have a job so couldnt afford to move out. Then came in my old landlord to the rescue. I guess you can figure out what happened next 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Its all about the moneyy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    She said she is just attracted to him, i doubt the OP would want a 40 yr old unless hes rich and shes a goldigger

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Right, this is the only forum I could find kinda related.

So I work with this guy who is 21, I'm 17. He's recently asked me out quite a few times and everyone at work knows this. I do like him, but I think our age difference is just too much.

Its not so much the gap, it's more the, he's always out in town with his friends, and I'm obviously not old enough. Also, he's just graduated uni and done his honours year, and I'm in my last year of school.

It just seems like we are on totally different maturity levels.

Should I go out with him a few times see how it goes?

The thing that worries me is that we work together, although in different departments, they're still close together and I spend a lot of time in his department.

Any advice

ReputationRep:
    Daddy issues.

Also, regarding "I'm going to keep this short.", don't ever keep your OP short in threads like this,

ReputationRep:
    Well I wouldn't make too many assumptions, let's be fair it is natural for a middle-aged man to think a teenage girl is hot and it's quite natural to ask personal questions and seem happy around you in that case, it's something that happens naturally and he may have no designs on doing anything with you. Mind you 16 does seem a bit young unless you look/act a couple of years older - I'd certainly feel very uncomfortable with a 16-year-old girl and I'm half his age.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2013
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.