The Student Room Group

contact lenses perhaps?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ayesha1234
Can you post them here please? Would be awesome not to have to wear contacts all the time. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would but I don't want to go into a debate with skeptics etc, so i;ll pm you if your interested :smile:
Reply 61
Original post by Kathy89
Your eyesight is not that bad. If the doc would have tested you with a 0.12 lenses you would have gone 6 lenses worse. Believe me it's nothing to worry about. 0.75 change is common at your age.

As for contacts, it's a good idea but not as a replacement for glasses but as an addition. You should wear contacts no more then 10-12 hours a day... usually up to 10 and take one or two days off wearing only glasses.

When I had -1.50 I wasn't wearing glasses at all. I would squint now and then but not that bad. My visual acuity was much better then average for that prescription. Now I'm over -3 and people are often shocked that I can function without correction.
On the other hand, I know a lot of people who cannot function without a -1.

I have a classmate who is sensitive to a 0.12 change and her prescription is around -2 so it might explain why you feel they are too strong. Does your previous prescription feels easier for computer use and reading or you prefer reading without glasses at all?

um yeah with my old glasses if I was wearing them I wouldn't take it off when reading or using the computter despite that I can still see the screen if I were to take them off. Oh and about what you said my eyesight changing being common at my age- out of curiousity, what age does your eyesight stop changing by a lot (on average)
Reply 62
Original post by Khataray
um yeah with my old glasses if I was wearing them I wouldn't take it off when reading or using the computter despite that I can still see the screen if I were to take them off. Oh and about what you said my eyesight changing being common at my age- out of curiousity, what age does your eyesight stop changing by a lot (on average)

mid 20's.
More use of contact lenses may harm u.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
I have -6 in both eyes and I have contact lenses. It took me a week of visiting the opticians for me to learn how to put them in because I'm squeamish but the opticians were always very patient an friendly. I have tried both disposable and monthly lenses and I've found the latter more comfortable so they're my favourites. They're half the price too! I also get free glasses and free eye tests so I really can't praise contacts enough.

Edit: as for the risks, if you're cleaning your contacts with the fluid and take basic precautions (no swimming, showers, or rinsing eyes with tap water), then the dangers are minimal.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 65
you should wait until your in your 20s to get lasik or other eye procedures because your eyes may still be growing, and you dont want to get the surgery and have your vision start to decrease so you end up needing glasses/contacts anyways
Reply 66
stick with glasses u traitor!
Original post by matt_g96
you should wait until your in your 20s to get lasik or other eye procedures because your eyes may still be growing, and you dont want to get the surgery and have your vision start to decrease so you end up needing glasses/contacts anyways

To be fair, there's never any age where you can guarantee the prescription won't change. I've tested people 20s and above who are distraught because their prescription had been stable, they got laser ... and then it changed and they're back in glasses, with not enough cornea left to do it again.
Reply 68
Original post by QUANTAM
stick with glasses u traitor!

ahahaha
Reply 69
Original post by Kathy89
mid 20's.

wow by then I'll probably end up blind

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending