Turn on thread page Beta

Would a government want unemployment to be kept high? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pol pot noodles)
    So have you completely given up on adding anything actually meaningful to this debate?
    Pol Pot Noodles hunches over his keyboard eagerly awaiting the reply of 'yes' to fill the hole left by his personal issues.

I replied earlier, you failed to reply back. Don't blame me for your telling silence.

ReputationRep:
    So have you completely given up on adding anything actually meaningful to this debate?
    Debate? So sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrulyEpicLawls)
    Debate? So sad.
    Well it started off as a debate, until someone got rather offended when I dared to challenge one of his points. Since then it's been two people engaging in rather crass and uninspiring ad hominem attacks against me. So I shall extend the offer to you as well, and that is I shall be waiting should you decide to stop this bizarre hissy fit of yours and return to discussing the topic at hand.

ReputationRep:
    Well it started off as a debate, until someone got rather offended when I dared to challenge one of his points. Since then it's been two people engaging in rather crass and uninspiring ad hominem attacks against me. So I shall extend the offer to you as well, and that is I shall be waiting should you decide to stop this bizarre hissy fit of yours and return to discussing the topic at hand.
    Good point, but what about the rest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    Pol Pot Noodles hunches over his keyboard eagerly awaiting the reply of 'yes' to fill the hole left by his personal issues.

I replied earlier, you failed to reply back. Don't blame me for your telling silence.
    Don't bother with a 'Hey, did you miss my reply' or anything, no, just go back to trolling me. And you say I'm the one with issues :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Don't bother with a 'Hey, did you miss my reply' or anything, no, just go back to trolling me. And you say I'm the one with issues :rolleyes:
    Still waiting. Two posts conveniently side-stepped now.

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting. Two posts conveniently side-stepped now.
    Yeah that's what happened, because clearly if I haven't replied in four minutes I'm side stepping you.
    What about the rest of what?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's what happened, because clearly if I haven't replied in four minutes I'm side stepping you.
    What about the rest of what?
    Hm interesting. Let's start from the beginning. Gimme some beefy links and stats.

ReputationRep:
    Hm interesting. Let's start from the beginning. Gimme some beefy links and stats.
    The unemployment rate is down under the coalition
    http://www.tradingeconomics.com/unit...mployment-rate

The number of people on JSA is down under the coalition
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23340165

The number of people in work has hit record levels under the coalition
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...continues.html

So if it is indeed the Government's diabolical plan to keep unemployment high, they're doing a pretty bad job of it.

ReputationRep:

So if it is indeed the Government's diabolical plan to keep unemployment high, they're doing a pretty bad job of it.
    Hmm, but could you divulge exactly how those numbers represent your way of thinking?

ReputationRep:

But long term unemployment is higher than it has been for a good while isn't it? And youth unemployment?

Wasn't it a Tory who said that unemployment was a price worth paying to keep inflation down?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by euphful)
    But long term unemployment is higher than it has been for a good while isn't it? And youth unemployment?

Wasn't it a Tory who said that unemployment was a price worth paying to keep inflation down?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Obviously not mission accomplished by any means, but it's not the end of days that some people seem to be declaring.

Yeah, Norman Lamont. Who frankly sounds like a ****. But anyway, bad eggs in every nest.

ReputationRep:
    Do people on the left really believe this nonsense? The majority of voters are not heads of corporate giants.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, but could you divulge exactly how those numbers represent your way of thinking?
    You asked in your OP if perhaps the government was purposefully keeping unemployment high. Well they're not, they've lowered it. My thinking is that your premise was flawed from the beginning.

ReputationRep:
    You asked in your OP if perhaps the government was purposefully keeping unemployment high. Well they're not, they've lowered it. My thinking is that your premise was flawed from the beginning.
    But tell me how those numbers specifically follow your thinking. What's the reasoning behind it?

ReputationRep:
    But tell me how those numbers specifically follow your thinking. What's the reasoning behind it?
    You're pulling my leg. And here I thought we had made progress.

ReputationRep:
    You're pulling my leg. And here I thought we had made progress.
    I'll explain everything now, take a seat, you'll really get it.

You're not here to discuss. You hold too much bias so will never say anything against anything related to Conservative input anyway, so your opinion should be treated with suspicion. Aside that, you seek attention anyway and debate on the internet to cover up the confidence issues you have suffered for the past few years. You believe in the daft concept of denial and personality projection - that if you deny everything and accuse others of what you're doing, you're unhurt. But to do this, you have to know you're in the wrong in the first place. So it's daft.

So instead I tried to waste your time and troll as good as I got with someone who had ulterior motives, with great success. Not as good as the time I made someone post 20 times, but you took the bait just as well after trying to set it yourself.

But one final thing I must add, is that we never dealt with domestic. With us, it was always war. We won the war. Now we're fighting the peace. It's a lot more volatile. Now we've got ten million crackpots out there with sniper scopes, sarin gas and C-4. Ten-year-olds go on the Net, downloading encryption we can barely break, not to mention instructions on how to make a low-yield nuclear device. Privacy's been dead for years because we can't risk it. The only privacy that's left is the inside of your head. Maybe that's enough.

You think we're the enemy of democracy, you and I? I think we're democracy's last hope. And I'd like to take a minute just sit right there I'll tell you how I become the prince of a town called Bel-Air. In West Philadelphia born and raised On the playground is where I spent most of my days Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool And all shootin' some b-ball outside of the school. When a couple of guys who were up to no good Started makin' trouble in my neighborhood I got in one little fight and my mom got scared And said you're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air. I whistled for a cab and when it came near The license plate said "Fresh", and it had dice in the mirror If anything I could say that this cab was rare But I thought man forget it yo homes to Bel-Air. I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 And I yelled to the cabbie 'yo homes smell ya later' Looked at my kingdom I was finally there To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel-Air.

ReputationRep:
    I'll explain everything now, take a seat, you'll really get it.

You're not here to discuss. You hold too much bias so will never say anything against anything related to Conservative input anyway, so your opinion should be treated with suspicion. Aside that, you seek attention anyway and debate on the internet to cover up the confidence issues you have suffered for the past few years. You believe in the daft concept of denial and personality projection - that if you deny everything and accuse others of what you're doing, you're unhurt. But to do this, you have to know you're in the wrong in the first place. So it's daft.

So instead I tried to waste your time and troll as good as I got with someone who had ulterior motives, with great success. Not as good as the time I made someone post 20 times, but you took the bait just as well after trying to set it yourself.

But one final thing I must add, is that we never dealt with domestic. With us, it was always war. We won the war. Now we're fighting the peace. It's a lot more volatile. Now we've got ten million crackpots out there with sniper scopes, sarin gas and C-4. Ten-year-olds go on the Net, downloading encryption we can barely break, not to mention instructions on how to make a low-yield nuclear device. Privacy's been dead for years because we can't risk it. The only privacy that's left is the inside of your head. Maybe that's enough.

You think we're the enemy of democracy, you and I? I think we're democracy's last hope. And I'd like to take a minute just sit right there I'll tell you how I become the prince of a town called Bel-Air. In West Philadelphia born and raised On the playground is where I spent most of my days Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool And all shootin' some b-ball outside of the school. When a couple of guys who were up to no good Started makin' trouble in my neighborhood I got in one little fight and my mom got scared And said you're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air. I whistled for a cab and when it came near The license plate said "Fresh", and it had dice in the mirror If anything I could say that this cab was rare But I thought man forget it yo homes to Bel-Air. I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 And I yelled to the cabbie 'yo homes smell ya later' Looked at my kingdom I was finally there To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel-Air.
    Jesus Wept, a full blown troll. Anyway, once again, I'll be waiting to discuss that topic at hand, in the thread you created btw, when you decide to grow up.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus Wept, a full blown troll. Anyway, once again, I'll be waiting to discuss that topic at hand, in the thread you created btw, when you decide to grow up.
    Give what you receive.

ReputationRep:

You can spin it all you want but 2.5 million people are unemployed. Whichever way you look at it, it's a lot.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.