Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ask AAT - any questions on a career in accountancy and finance Watch

ReputationRep:
    I would like to start my career in accountancy and have been looking at doing the aat qualification part time at my local college, is it essential to do level 2 or would i be able to go straight to level 3? I have a young baby and cant really afford to spend 2 years studying.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Luke,
    I am an ACCA studier and have completed the second stage of ACCA. what are the exemptions, if any, I can get to obtain a AAT qualification?
    Thank You

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kala95)
    I would like to start my career in accountancy and have been looking at doing the aat qualification part time at my local college, is it essential to do level 2 or would i be able to go straight to level 3? I have a young baby and cant really afford to spend 2 years studying.
    You have to do level 2 unless you can show you have past experience or have studied accountancy before

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yushra)
    Hi Luke,
    I am an ACCA studier and have completed the second stage of ACCA. what are the exemptions, if any, I can get to obtain a AAT qualification?
    Thank You
    I have completed the aat qualification and from that got 3 exemptions for acca f1 f2 and f3.
    Why would you want to do aat now? Aat should be for before acca not after.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Dear Luke

I have completed the AAT level 2, and am currently studying the AAT Diploma level 3. I am finding it extremely difficult to gain employment within accountancy as I am finding that some companies do not know what the AAT is, they say that I am too qualified for a trainee position or I am applying for jobs which people with A levels are. I do not have any work experience in accounting, apart from manual purchase and sales ledger which I did for a company. and was wondering if you have knowledge on the best way I can gain employment within this area.

Kind regards

Emma Coleman
    Email: [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    Hello I'm Leg i found out about this forum site while surfing the internet. I am interested in Banking and Finance discussions so please if you need my help do not hesitate and I may need your help as well in the coming days. Thanks for accepting me!

ReputationRep:
    If u complete all aat to level 4 and become a full member are u considered an accountant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AAT Advisor)
    Hi, My name is Luke I’m a representative of AAT and am here to answer any questions you have regarding the qualification and embarking on an exciting career in accountancy and finance.

I am looking to engage with people by joining discussion threads and offering advice and information where possible.

Please feel free to respond to this post, or contact me directly and I will try and give you a hand. I can also introduce you to one of our regional advisors who can give you tailored advice for the area in which you live, and get an information pack sent out to you.

Luke.
    Hi Luke,

My name is Jim and I am in Year 11. I am really stressing out now even though I have done my GCSE's. I am stressing out because I want to enter in the finance career through a really good university but a lot of people said they have been turned down as they had low grade GCSE's. My predicted grades are A*AAABBCCCC which is really putting me down. By the way I am predicted an A* in math. With those kind of grades do you believe students be accepted in Russell group universities and progress after to be an accountant. Please reply ASAP

ReputationRep:
    Hi Luke my name is michelle at the moment am on the end of my entry level maths and English. What it is luke is in September am doing bookeeping and aat level 2 at the same time do I still have to do my levels 1&2 in maths and English to do my level 3 in aat ? Thank you michelle

ReputationRep:
    Hi. My name is Beata. I'm 34 years old Polish. I live in London. I hold Bachelor's Degree in Tourism and Hotel Management (completed in Poland). Now I decided to change my career path and want to do AAT apprenticeship. Do I still qualify for apprenticeship? Many thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Hi my name is Michelle
    I passed my level 3 AAT 15 years ago . I then went on to work in a care home as their administrator.. I then decided to set my own business up as a registered child minder which I still run and do my own book keeping . My question is . can I Re register with the AAT and bring my knowledge up to date . So I can start booking on a self employed basis ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.