Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir Fox)
    No, at least not on UCAS. You put five choices down, get offers/rejections and then choose a 'firm' (the uni you want to go to) and 'insurance' (in case you do not get the grades required by your 'firm') out of your offers. No need for a preference list.

WeeGuy was probably just interested in your personal preference.
    Ahh ok :-)

ReputationRep:
    Should've had a quick look at the website, there is a section for most countries with all information on the grades:

http://www.dundee.ac.uk/admissions/i...try/greece.htm
    Hi, I am doind IB2 and i am a candidate for Computer Science , really crazy about the subject and I would like to be involeved to games industry later. I have a very doob background in Maths Physics (have taken Physics HL prediced with 7 , Maths HL predicted with 6 and Computer Science predicted with 7). I understand that you know a lot about scotissh unis. Could you recommend me a list of 5? I can apply to Imperial with my oredicted grades but london is too expensive for me!!
    I would appreciate your answer!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by panayiotas)
    X
    I'm sorry, I really don't have a clue about Computer Science as a subject, so I cannot comment on that. Not really an expert on Scotland either, I simply study there and know some people at other unis, everything about reputation that is not in regard to my own university (Dundee) is really just hearsay or league tables (which everyone can check).

Abertay Dundee has a specific reputation for Computer Games Design. On the other hand it's overall reputation really isn't too good and I guess someone with a solid degree in Computer Science from a better university would have a considerable advantage over an Abertay graduate.

If London is too expensive for you, have you had a look at other English universities? There are many more reputable institutions in England. Doesn't necessarily need to be Scotland, especially since Edinburgh, St. Andrews and Aberdeen are not particularly cheap either. Unless you're an EU applicant, in this case you don't pay fees in Scotland. Are you, by any chance, Greek?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by panayiotas)
    X
    P.S. I wouldn't give too much on league tables, but according to the Guardian St. Andrews is 2nd in the UK for Computer Science. If you could get into Imperial, Sandrews should definitely be in for you. Glasgow 8th, Stirling 12th, Edin. 16th, Strathclyde 19th, Dundee 23rd. The Complete Univ. Guide ranks Glasgow 4th, Edin. 12th, St. Andrews 15.

ReputationRep:
    @panayotas I don't know enough about lb but since you are saying that these grades are good, you have to definitely search more information about the computer courses at Edinburgh, Glasgow, St Andrews, Aberdeen and Dundee. You can even search for Stirling and Strathclyde but these are regarded less prestigious than the other 5( actually i think that these 2 are very good and they are top in students satisfaction!) Anyway, you can have a look here http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...mputer+Science if you are interested in League tables!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry, I really don't have a clue about Computer Science as a subject, so I cannot comment on that. Not really an expert on Scotland either, I simply study there and know some people at other unis, everything about reputation that is not in regard to my own university (Dundee) is really just hearsay or league tables (which everyone can check).

Abertay Dundee has a specific reputation for Computer Games Design. On the other hand it's overall reputation really isn't too good and I guess someone with a solid degree in Computer Science from a better university would have a considerable advantage over an Abertay graduate.

If London is too expensive for you, have you had a look at other English universities? There are many more reputable institutions in England. Doesn't necessarily need to be Scotland, especially since Edinburgh, St. Andrews and Aberdeen are not particularly cheap either. Unless you're an EU applicant, in this case you don't pay fees in Scotland. Are you, by any chance, Greek?
    hi, thanks for answering!!
    Yes , I am Greek , so Scotaland has very little fees for us EU citizens!!
    so that why i may have as firm choice Edinburgh and insurance Glasgow

thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgexD)
    Happy to hear that eleana No i'm not gonna take A levels or lb..so what will you study and where? if you don't mind (I'm looking for universities that don;t want panhellnic exams only apolytirion..because i find that process so stressful and extremely difficult :/ )
    http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/interna...ce/apolytirion
    That's what edinburgh have to say about your exams... Looks like you'd have to take the Panhellenic exams.

It will probably be similar in most scottish universities like dundee, Aberdeen, glasgow etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambry)
    http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/interna...ce/apolytirion
    That's what edinburgh have to say about your exams... Looks like you'd have to take the Panhellenic exams.

It will probably be similar in most scottish universities like dundee, Aberdeen, glasgow etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey :-) :-o this is a very old post! Nvm, I have changed my mind because I understood that without panhellenic exams I won't have access to top unis like edin...So i'll take them!

ReputationRep:
    Hey :-) :-o this is a very old post! Nvm, I have changed my mind because I understood that without panhellenic exams I won't have access to top unis like edin...So i'll take them!
    Aww wow that's actually so good to see how dedicated you are
    I hope you get in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambry)
    Aww wow that's actually so good to see how dedicated you are
    I hope you get in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you very much! I saw That you are from scotland. If u don't mind could u plz tell at which uni u have stuided or u want to study? :-D

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much! I saw That you are from scotland. If u don't mind could u plz tell at which uni u have stuided or u want to study? :-D

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aww I am at high school now and I'm applying for university to study law!
    I live near Glasgow, so I have been really looking at it. It is a beautiful, old university and the city of Glasgow has a lot of character, nightlife and good shopping, culture, museums, and cool Victorian buildings! Other universities on glasgow like Caledonian and Strathclyde are great too.
    However, I went to an Edinburgh open day and I think it is lovely. Beautiful place, a gorgeous city with some of the most amazing buildings and history I've seen anywhere in Europe! Remember in edinburgh it's not just one university, there are ones like Heriot Watt and Napier that allow you to live in a stunning city and earn a good degree.

I've never been to Aberdeen but I'm applying there! It's a gorgeous university and the city is pretty rich

So yeah there's a lot to look at in Scotland and the country has great links to other places, like Ireland by boat and cities in England (like london) by train

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambry)
    Aww I am at high school now and I'm applying for university to study law!
    I live near Glasgow, so I have been really looking at it. It is a beautiful, old university and the city of Glasgow has a lot of character, nightlife and good shopping, culture, museums, and cool Victorian buildings! Other universities on glasgow like Caledonian and Strathclyde are great too.
    However, I went to an Edinburgh open day and I think it is lovely. Beautiful place, a gorgeous city with some of the most amazing buildings and history I've seen anywhere in Europe! Remember in edinburgh it's not just one university, there are ones like Heriot Watt and Napier that allow you to live in a stunning city and earn a good degree.

I've never been to Aberdeen but I'm applying there! It's a gorgeous university and the city is pretty rich

So yeah there's a lot to look at in Scotland and the country has great links to other places, like Ireland by boat and cities in England (like london) by train

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh awesome!!! Scotland is so beautiful (ok according to pictures xD) and the sceneries are gorgeous!Hmm the only thing that I'm unfamiliar wih is the cold and rainy weather.The climate in Greece is totally different .What about stirling? Have you ever visited it? It would be one of my 5 choises

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.