The Student Room Group

Can you get into russel group universities when...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Independent school? All state schools have to cash in grades. You were misinformed if not, but clearly no harm done.

If this is the case and I don't have to declare my AS grades being at an independent then maybe my situation isn't as bad as I thought. I believe I can turn it around successfully but am worried that this years grades will cost me offers..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
Original post by bethaaan
I applied for 2013/2014. I was resitting at least one module for all of my subjects and was told to put pending instead of the cash-in grade :smile:

What course did you apply to? I had my heart set on Queen Mary but also love Edinburgh to bits and have heard its tough to get into! I would like to do Law (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by Helen 5
Hi everyone : ) I achieved AAB at AS-Level. I want to study Geography at university, my favourite asking for AAB-ABB. I got the B in Geography so have I messed up my chances of getting there? The University did say that they would accept me with a B but I'm worried I've ruined my chances.

Not at all! You still have a shot at the A at A2 for geo and since the offers are no higher than that it won't be a problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
can i apply to history at LSE/Durham when i have ABBB but two of the Bs are 79%, do i stand any chance?
Reply 64
I just resat alongside my A2's
Reply 65
Original post by e_rowe11
What course did you apply to? I had my heart set on Queen Mary but also love Edinburgh to bits and have heard its tough to get into! I would like to do Law (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Politics and French. My sister had the same problem with her AS results and came out of A level with 2 A*s and an A and is now in Bristol doing law. You'll be fine if you just show your teachers you deserve high expected grades and a great reference :-)

Quick Reply

Latest