Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McGivern123)
    I am
    Until Friday/Saturday when they come back.
    Feel free to pop round in the meantime though, be nice to get to know others
    Ye I might pop up for a bit what time are you in and do you have facebook

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently living in New Medlock House, in Block B. I chose to live here as I got rubbish uni halls allocated to me. I didn't see these halls before I moved in because I lived too far away to visit.
    Overall these halls are great for freshers, Unite are really helpful when moving in, with mail and any problems with the flat so great when living far from home! The location is also amazing, no need for any buses ect.
    Bad points are that for what you get it's VERY expensive. The rooms are small, my shower is rubbish, and the living room/kitchen is very 'student' living like, which some would say is expected but not for the amount of money, for example the cooker is old and the fridge/freezer is small.

Some of the people I've met this year are looking for private halls for next year, and looking around they have found really nice halls for much cheaper; they have double beds, modern kitchens, tv included for a lot less money!

Unite are a reliable company any security are great but I wouldn't stay there next year due to what you get for the money!

Hope this helps!x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Please is it a good choice for someone who wants to study at the Manchester business school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiobhanWood)
    I'm currently living in New Medlock House, in Block B. I chose to live here as I got rubbish uni halls allocated to me. I didn't see these halls before I moved in because I lived too far away to visit.
    Overall these halls are great for freshers, Unite are really helpful when moving in, with mail and any problems with the flat so great when living far from home! The location is also amazing, no need for any buses ect.
    Bad points are that for what you get it's VERY expensive. The rooms are small, my shower is rubbish, and the living room/kitchen is very 'student' living like, which some would say is expected but not for the amount of money, for example the cooker is old and the fridge/freezer is small.

Some of the people I've met this year are looking for private halls for next year, and looking around they have found really nice halls for much cheaper; they have double beds, modern kitchens, tv included for a lot less money!

Unite are a reliable company any security are great but I wouldn't stay there next year due to what you get for the money!

Hope this helps!x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi SiobhanWood, thanks for your post! You mentioned that people you had spoken to have found cheaper and better accommodation - do you know exactly which ones they are? Thanks! x

ReputationRep:
    Im in Block F, flat 154

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lij_93)
    Im in Block F, flat 154
    I'm in Block C flat 053

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EliBee)
    Block E, flat 118. And I have no idea which floor it is.
    How was the block E?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.