Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I haven't actually been able to get direct audiology work experience, been rejected from the local hospital and in the neighbouring county ):
    Have had experience working with deaf children though (some partially, others profound and cochlear implant users), as part of a music project aimed at teaching music to mentally and/or physically handicapped children.

How are your grades?
    That's great! And not that good tbh how are yours?

ReputationRep:
    Predicted A*A*A (which has earned me many verbal slaps from medical students and "Why worry? You'll be fine" from many people) but I'm not entirely confident with my personal statement yet. My cousin was predicted straight A*s but was rejected from Southants and Leeds (probably because of his personal statement and lack of direct experience).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by am-mtj)
    Predicted A*A*A (which has earned me many verbal slaps from medical students and "Why worry? You'll be fine" from many people) but I'm not entirely confident with my personal statement yet. My cousin was predicted straight A*s but was rejected from Southants and Leeds (probably because of his personal statement and lack of direct experience).
    Wow! They are an amazing set of grades which you will no doubt achieve. Hopefully everything works out for you!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, the only thing that's letting me down is my lack of work experience in an audiology department of some sort.
    As I mentioned, I'm part of a music project aimed at teaching music to young children with various handicaps, some of which are deaf and are cochlear implant users and I've had experience with tutoring and mentoring. What are your opinions on this as opposed to actual department work experience etc?

ReputationRep:
    That's amazing! What subjs do you do? And the main thing is your AS results and predicted grades I think, but your personal statement does make quite a difference.

Thanks, the only thing that's letting me down is my lack of work experience in an audiology department of some sort.
    As I mentioned, I'm part of a music project aimed at teaching music to young children with various handicaps, some of which are deaf and are cochlear implant users and I've had experience with tutoring and mentoring. What are your opinions on this as opposed to actual department work experience etc?
    Universities know how difficult it is to get a hospital placement in a specific department, so I don't think it will put you at a disadvantage.

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently doing Maths, Music and Biology (dropped Chemistry after AS). How about you?
    My sister's deaf so I've had many encounters with audiologists and their workings as well as having to deal with her deafness XD Sadly she wasn't able to land me a placement at the hospital she goes to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RhodriL)
    I'm predicted ABC, but I've had work experience. Do you think I have a shot?
    Most definitely. your grades are very good and the experience is there. What subjects are you taking?

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently doing Maths, Music and Biology (dropped Chemistry after AS). How about you?
    My sister's deaf so I've had many encounters with audiologists and their workings as well as having to deal with her deafness XD Sadly she wasn't able to land me a placement at the hospital she goes to.
    I do biology, religious studies and english literature. Aw thats fine then! As long as you've got some sort of experience, and some kind of background knowledge and you include it in your p.s you should be fine I think. When you sending off your personal statement?

I'm predicted ABC, but I've had work experience. Do you think I have a shot?
    Yeah, personally I think you do!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone sent their ucas form?

ReputationRep:
    I've finished my personal statement draft, getting it scrutinised and stuff tomorrow then it's all done ^^
    I'm applying for Southampton and Leeds (really only want to apply to Southants but Leeds I wouldn't mind too much if I get rejected from the former).

ReputationRep:
    Just sent the application off, once my reference has been attached it's then the long hard wait...I'll let you know how it goes.
    Applied for Southampton, Leeds and Aston.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone sent their ucas form?
    Sent mine off yesterday wbu?

ReputationRep:
    Recieved a conditional offer from Demontfort today!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stressed.human)
    That's awesome! :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! What was the offer?

ReputationRep:
    am-mtj, it won't met quote you for some reason :s anyhow, they gave me an offer of 300 points to include a B in biology

ReputationRep:
    Nice! Hope you're successful with the others too

ReputationRep:
    Thread seems a little quiet.. how's everyones applications coming along?

ReputationRep:
    am-mtj, it won't met quote you for some reason :s anyhow, they gave me an offer of 300 points to include a B in biology
    I got this offer! where else have you applied too?

ReputationRep:
    how many of you have sent of your applications?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.