Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when something bad happens and people exclaim "what has happened to this country", as if nothing bad ever happened in the past. As if these things never happened decades ago. Some people really have had a sheltered life if they don't realise things like this have always happened in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AristoBrat!)
    I'm pretty sure that after all the bratty and petty behaviour we TSRians are capable of, beating the ****e out of an old, defenseless man isn't something we'd particularly condone.

You realise the man was 80 right? However 'not that strong' the teenage girl looks, the old man is still weaker. Done worse? :lolwut:
    I'm hoping this is a troll post, because that would otherwise be some really nonsensical thinking.
    Muslims must know the concept well, letting people off from death for them to live a less than complete life. Punishment short of death like the asidattacks like those 2 british girls in Zanzibar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dripsterdave)
    Muslims must know the concept well, letting people off from death for them to live a less than complete life. Punishment short of death like the asidattacks like those 2 british girls in Zanzibar.
    How the hell did you manage to link Muslims to this thread? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZoZo1770)
    Society nowadays truly is sickening.

(Original post by CaptainNemo)
    This country is going down the drain..and fast

Maybe if 1 person had stepped in others may have helped, Britain used to be known for its courage, now we just behave like sheep :afraid:
    You really think so? Bad crimes have always happened in Britain, don't act like it's a recent thing

(Original post by BAD AT MATHS)
    I hate it when something bad happens and people exclaim "what has happened to this country", as if nothing bad ever happened in the past. As if these things never happened decades ago. Some people really have had a sheltered life if they don't realise things like this have always happened in the UK.
    This

ReputationRep:
    You intrigue me child. What is this thing you talk about?

ReputationRep:
    Funny how the media labels this a hate crime purely because the girl is white and the victim was Asian. They don't label it a hate crime when white pensioners are attacked? They should just treat all crimes against another race as a hate crime, that way we wont be the victims of the hate crime bias.No doubt she'll do more time than an Asian who murders a white pensioner.

ReputationRep:
    He's a Sikh - not Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TobyLarone)
    Funny how the media labels this a hate crime purely because the girl is white and the victim was Asian. They don't label it a hate crime when white pensioners are attacked? They should just treat all crimes against another race as a hate crime, that way we wont be the victims of the hate crime bias.No doubt she'll do more time than an Asian who murders a white pensioner.
    True - the headline doesn't necessarily need "Sikh" in it. However I'd say it probably is racially motivated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    True - the headline doesn't necessarily need "Sikh" in it. However I'd say it probably is racially motivated.
    This crime shouldn't get anymore punishment than any other attack on a pensioner, but it will because of pressure groups from the Sikh and Asian community.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    The person might not have been from Coventry

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  265.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    Jimmy status = Rustled.

Hopefully she gets locked up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZRO)
    Jimmy status = Rustled.

Hopefully she gets locked up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    BB Misc? Best place for gifs :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    BB Misc? Best place for gifs :rofl:
    :rofl: misc has some real funny gifs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TobyLarone)
    This crime shouldn't get anymore punishment than any other attack on a pensioner, but it will because of pressure groups from the Sikh and Asian community.
    You're right - it shouldn't. Doesn't the UK have a hate crime law which could argue that if they let white British pensioners past and only attacked him then it's a hate crime?

I agree with you, but you could argue if my point is correct - that's a hate crime - so would receive a harsher sentence. I don't know what's required to prove it but surely what I've suggested is valid.

To rephrase then - if they let other white British pensioners past and attacked the first non-White British pensioner -
    A) Should they receive a harsher sentence?
    B) Is this a hate crime?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    You're right - it shouldn't. Doesn't the UK have a hate crime law which could argue that if they let white British pensioners past and only attacked him then it's a hate crime?

I agree with you, but you could argue if my point is correct - that's a hate crime - so would receive a harsher sentence. I don't know what's required to prove it but surely what I've suggested is valid.

To rephrase then - if they let other white British pensioners past and attacked the first non-White British pensioner -
    A) Should they receive a harsher sentence?
    B) Is this a hate crime?
    Hate crimes are just one of many things governments use to clamp down on freedom of speech.

ReputationRep:
    So what actually happened? what was her motive for attacking him? after knocking the man down she said he touched her breasts. It's fair to say if he hadn't touched her none of this would have happened.I guess none of this matters in our multicultural society where white is guilty and being of colour means you're a victim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaptainNemo)
    This country is going down the drain..and fast

Maybe if 1 person had stepped in others may have helped, Britain used to be known for its courage, now we just behave like sheep :afraid:
    The Orwellian infrastructure in our society means that "have a go heroes" are treated punitively.

ReputationRep:
    If I was that man I would put her in a strangle until she tapped out, she wanted a fight and I would have gave it her. Seriously, why did she attack?! I'm Sikh, and I think people like this should be educated on different religions and how to respect them. The fact that he was 80 and on his own as well wtf, they are obviously too scared to pick on someone there own age/strength. Knocking off his turban is serious disrespect, Sikhs wear it as a symbol of their religion not to make people think they are bombers...:mad:

ReputationRep:
    She should be locked up in a cage, spitting is just not right.

I can bet that if any male helped that dude, she would accuse them of rape. Unfortunately in this country, being a good Samaritan can have a backlash for anyone.

ReputationRep:
    People too busy gawping and recording on their video phones.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.