Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls: how do you deal with bad period pains? Watch

ReputationRep:
    has anyone noticed that they are a lot more flexible during that time.

ReputationRep:
    feel sorry for you women at these times at least there are some things in the world that can help reduce/prevent the pain. But dayum how glad I am to be male right now

inb4 stop being a ****

ReputationRep:
    Feminex and a hot water bottle laid on my belly usually helps me, I really feel for you guys that cant seem to find solutions that help :hugs:

Periods suck..once a month for what feels like forever, this is why I think god is a man :2euk48l:

ReputationRep:
    Foetal position, hot water bottle, paracetamol

ReputationRep:
    Hi i used to get really bad stomach pains that would have me throwing up and passing out. It was awful and i had to have a day off school every month which had people calling me a wuss and stuff but i literally felt possessed!:L i couldn't even stand up without nearly passing out:/ the only thing that i found was really helpful was feminax tablets. If its really bad try the ones in the pink box but if its still really bad like mine was they stock stronger ones in a blue box behind the counter at chemists eg lloyds or boots. You have to be 15 to have them and ask for them though so it depends how old you are but if you do try them boots do their own version of the stronger ones (probably the less strong too) which are cheaper and work the same! My pains stopped now since i went on the pill, it has really helped and that was my main motive for going on it! So maybe try the feminax tablets and start taking evening primrose vitamins which are also supposed to be good. Hot water bottles and wheat grain bags are good too hope it helps.
    Chloe

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Paracetamol, gotta take them aaaaaaaall (by which I mean no more than 8 in 24 hours, because that's what my lecturers have drilled into our brains). But yeah, I just take painkillers. I used to try and "man up" ironically and just get by without painkillers but I think they've been worse than usual lately so I break into that paracetamol packet now. Mine aren't even that bad, the worst I ever had was last month, nearly passed out at work, that was fun. Although I work at a doctors so it would have been fine. :lol: Some people prefer Ibuprofen, or need to take the properly strong prescription stuff. Plus you can't take aspirin if you're under 16 anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Me and my friend usually go for a run or something. Tight underwear tends to help with cramp pains but honestly carry out a short fitness regime this will stretch out your muscle and help you forget the pain as your exercising your body. Sleeping also helps!
    For me Ibuprofen works better its fab stuff lol.

ReputationRep:
    I'm on the pill (absolute God-send of a medication, that one) but I still get cramps, just not as bad.

Bananas help (something to do with the potassium, if I remember correctly)
    You can buy heat patches that you stick on under your clothes, so that if you've got to go out, it's like having a portable hot water bottle.
    Sit-ups help me (might just be me, though)
    Solpadeine (helps me because of the caffeine in it)
    Chocolate

ReputationRep:
    Ibuprofen or Codeine!! For the past year, day 1 I would not be able to move I would be sick as well so couldn't eat just lie in bed all day. Since taking those I can actually go out and do stuff not waste a day in bed every month.
    But hot water bottle helps for anyone who isn't a fan of medication (like my friend, very brave girl) or as people suggested the pill or maybe even the injection which you only get done every 3 months?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    Dihydrocodeine. It's prescription, but if you have really bad ones, it's quite helpful. I have awful ones that make me vomit everywhere, pass out, and unable to do anything but lie on the floor screaming.

Anyone who says paracetamol and ibuprofen works does NOT get that bad cramps
    Hmm. I get really bad period pains like that as well - I always have. It's mostly just the first day that it's really bad - I feel like I'm going to faint, sometimes vomit, have to go home ill and (probably don't want to know this) diarrhoea. Maybe I should look into getting prescription painkillers. I usually just have cocodamol (8mg/500mg effervescent), after which I'm pretty much fine. I agree, anyone who just needs paracetamol or ibuprofen doesn't have really bad periods - they aren't as strong as cocodamol which I believe that you can get on prescription in a stronger form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alice_95)
    :O I want a fluffy one! Perhaps I can persuade my mum during the big uni shop
    I'd say a fluffy hot water bottle is pretty essential!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    I have. I'm pushing for a laparoscopy to help with it
    Best of luck with getting it scheduled. They had to find me on the floor at the hospital after an exam and my consultant happened to walk by on her lunch break- that's tte only reason I got put on the waiting list! Be persistent xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peaches & Cream)
    I've got awful cramps and I'm in bed with a hot water bottle. Any other tips for dealing with bad period pains?
    I've tried ibuprofen and paracetamol, but nothing works better for me thn wrapping up warm and going for a jog. Or maybe a swim if you prefer that (and you're feeling brave!!)

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Hot milk with manuka honey works! As does exercising - even if you hurt beforehand it will ease it massively keep warm, stretch, days rate & avoid carbs (unless it's really bad then junk food's the only real cure...!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bonking!

ReputationRep:
    I eat. A lot.

ReputationRep:
    Go on the pill!! It helps so much. I get no period pains now and they're so much lighter - just ask your GP. That's what I did (I'm 16) and its great

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hot water bottle and exercise

ReputationRep:
    I try and exercise a few days before I know I'm due, but sometimes this isn't always possible. I suffer from terrible cramps, nausea and constantly feel like I'm going to pass out. My temperature gets super high too and I can't stand up without blacking out. I tend to try and read or do something to distract myself a little bit, and put a hot water bottle on my spine and belly and try and sleep. Sometimes works, other times doesn't. Paracetamol and Ibuprofen do nothing for me - although I'm going to try some of the other things people have suggested next time!

Usually though, I just have to sit it out. Mother Nature is a f'ing *****!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kb5462)
    I'm on the pill (absolute God-send of a medication, that one) but I still get cramps, just not as bad.

Bananas help (something to do with the potassium, if I remember correctly)
    You can buy heat patches that you stick on under your clothes, so that if you've got to go out, it's like having a portable hot water bottle.
    Sit-ups help me (might just be me, though)
    Solpadeine (helps me because of the caffeine in it)
    Chocolate
    Do you mean eating the banana?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.