Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonmot)
    There was a couple who had been married for five years with three kids. Everything was great, except the husband would always want to make love to his wife in the dark.
    One night while making love the wife flipped on the light and was shocked to see her husbad using a pickle instead of his penis.
    She yells, “what are you doing? Have you always been making love to me this way? Explain yourself?!”
    The husband replies, “if you explain our three children I will explain the pickle!”
    Nice......

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    global warming. the icecap, polar bears- unthinking ***** with their illuminated sex orgies!

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I love sex in the dark. It feels more naughty, and I like not knowing exactly what my partner's going to do next.

Sex with the lights on is fine, but a previous poster pointed out that other senses - touch, hearing, smell, etc can be heightened in the dark, and it's this phenomenon that makes in-the-dark sex more erotic for me.

ReputationRep:
    I find it better in the dark, and I don't have any hangups/esteem problems. Just seems more enjoyable.

It also helps me and the lady avoid getting blinded by my horribly bright ceiling lights if anyone accidentally looks up or ends up on their back.

ReputationRep:
    very dim light > lights off > lights on

ReputationRep:
    I have almost always had sex with the light on although Iv always preferred it in the dark - I always feel conscious of being looked at and not knowing where Im meant to be looking! I only recently became aware that most people do it in the dark.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer having sex with the lights off, or at least with dim lighting. I'm self conscious about my body too but that isn't really the main reason why. Having sex with the light on would just feel like a bit of a buzz kill, it's easier to get into things with the lights off or dimmed. At least in my experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I do it because I'm self-conscious.

ReputationRep:
    Eliminating one sense (vision) makes the perception of the other senses (like touch) stronger
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by chikane)
    So they can pretend that they are having sex with Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie
    hahaha that and insecurities.

ReputationRep:
    Concentrate on your exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    Am I the only person who has never given the lighting any thought when having sex? If the lights are on, they're on, if they're off, that's that. I didn't realise people thought so deeply :curious:
    I was thinking this. If it's morning sex, I'm not going to pause the moment, get up and turn the lights on before having sex.

If they happen to be on when it starts then they're probably going to stay on.

The exception would be if I've lit candles though.. candles and lights no worky!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clementine101)
    I do it because I'm self-conscious.
    How sad.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer dimed.
    Dark enough so that I'm not ridiculously embarrassed about my body but also light enough so I can see the guy

ReputationRep:
    As others have said I prefer dimmed. Makes the place feel more sensuous however too dark and its a little annoying trying to work out where the other person is :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Lights on. My husband knows what to expect.

Having thought about this a little more, I think dimmed is by far the best, but dark would be the most exciting.

Not sure why people would do it with the lights fully on. I think that would kill the romance a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Im gonna be brutally honest, if i havent trimmed my hairs, its lights off for sure.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't this just how people who attracted to personalities compromise when they realise what a clanger they're with?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 3, 2017
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.