Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically what that letter means is, send in a physical certified copy of your diploma to the DUO address given before the 23rd June. Its for all the students at SBE (that i currently know of). Also join the facebook group - maastricht university class of 2017

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For Economics - Uni of Amsterdam, Erasmus, Maastricht and Tilburg are your top choices.

The others may offer econ courses but do not have much high level economic research happening.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

I´ve been accepted to Maastricht University´s Bachelor in Knowledge Engineering program starting now in September! Are there any others here who are also planning on enrolling in the same program?
    Would also be interesting to hear if anyone knows anything about the program.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I also want to apply to Maastricht at the International Track in Medicine programme. I'm going to apply next year but I have encountered a problem. Since I am at a Mathematics-Informatics profile I only have on hour of Biology per week. I've heard that I'll have to take an exam(I'm still waiting for their response to my e-mail) and I would like to know if anyone here has taken such an exam before and how is it? I already have the cae exam at grade B, pretty good marks and I'm having the baccalaureat exam next year. They also told me that no specific mark is required at this exam, just to pass it. Do you think I have any chances to be accepted?

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to apply for the ITM course too! Not sure whether I'll be applying to Maastricht or Groningen. Trouble with me is that I have no science a levels, just a biology AS. This year, I will be completing a foundation course in medicine in the UK.
    Does anyone know if that will suffice?

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys!

I am currently doing an access course to Higher Education in Law and I was wandering if Maastricht University accepted it as an entry requirement for the Bachelor in European Law.

I anyone know something about it, I would gladly receive any feedback.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I am currently in my second year of alevels(chemistry, biology, and physics) and I'm planing to apply to the ITM and Global health at Groningen next year. Im curious about what the requirements are for each, as the websites of each dont say much about the entry requirements/ grade boundary. Also, I need some tips on what I can do this year to maximize my chances on being accepted. I forgot to mention I got ABB at AS and my predictions are AAA. Should I also do the ukcat here in order to improve my application? I have volunteering sorted.

Thank you guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geboers7)
    Hi guys,

I am currently in my second year of alevels(chemistry, biology, and physics) and I'm planing to apply to the ITM and Global health at Groningen next year. Im curious about what the requirements are for each, as the websites of each dont say much about the entry requirements/ grade boundary. Also, I need some tips on what I can do this year to maximize my chances on being accepted. I forgot to mention I got ABB at AS and my predictions are AAA. Should I also do the ukcat here in order to improve my application? I have volunteering sorted.

Thank you guys
    The UKCAT won't impact your applications abroad. It's kinda in the name...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alimbo95)
    The UKCAT won't impact your applications abroad. It's kinda in the name...

Lol makes sense......

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone applying for Maastricht for Sep 2015 entry? I'm applying for Maastricht Science Programme, I have AABB at AS and am predicted AAA does anyone know if/how we provide our predicted grades on the UM Portal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newrecord)
    applying for Maastricht for Sep 2015 entry? I'm applying for Maastricht Science Programme, I have AABB at AS and am predicted AAA does anyone know if/how we provide our predicted grades on the UM Portal?
    Hey, I don't know If the netherlands has the predicted grade concept in it's education system, therefore they may just decide on the raw grade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geboers7)
    Hey, I don't know If the netherlands has the predicted grade concept in it's education system, therefore they may just decide on the raw grade.
    Thank you! Are you applying too?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Are you applying too?
    Hey, yea I am, for global health at gronigen, and ITm at maastrict

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone applying for Maastricht for Sep 2015 entry? I'm applying for Maastricht Science Programme, I have AABB at AS and am predicted AAA does anyone know if/how we provide our predicted grades on the UM Portal?
    im applying for arts and culture and UCM
    after uploading all the documents they asked for, they then asked for a letter from my head of year to be uploaded to the UMportal confirming that i will get my alevels with predicted grades, so after they check all of your other files you should get an email asking for that letter

i uploaded it to the 'other' section and received a conditional offer a day later, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3LZ3r0)
    Hey Everyone,

Well seems like the applications are out on a roll for next years intake, so wishing everyone luck

As for me, I'm applying for the Econometrics and Operation research program, so thats gonna be interesting to see where that takes me ....i guess

Cheers

------------------------------------------
    (Original post by 3LZ3r0)
    I decided to add a note on the application process to Maastricht Uni, which is also applicable to other dutch Unis:

The process through studielink is simple:
    1.) Update your personal information and current mailing/residential address
    2.) Update your education profile. All you have to do is mention which program that you have completed or are in currently enrolled in, i.e. A-Levels, IB diploma, AP or any VWO equivalent (country specific).
    3.) Additionally also update that you have completed any secondary high school qualification such as the IGCSE/GCSE/GCE-O-Levels/ (country specific)
    4.) And if this applies to you: Add that IELTS/TOEFL has also been completed
    5.) IMPORTANT and final point: Apply for the prospective program at the prospective university you have in mind. Only two academic terms are available - Jan 2014 Intake is Academic year 13-14. While September 2014 Intake is Academic Year 2014-15.

The whole process should take roughly 5 - 7 mins depening on how fast your net and typing speed is

Part 2: Depending on the University you applied to, You will now very shortly get an email from the Uni, with your login details to start the real application procedure.
    1.) Login to the prospective University account.
    2.) Under the admissions tab (or scout around, usually the email sent also gives you the link to log onto) : You should now see the option to upload documents (scanned copies of the documents you have mentioned in Studielink)
    3.) Upload Passport copy/Identity Copy (for EU and Non-EU students)
    4.) Upload your educational transcript- IB-Diploma/AS Level/ A2 Level/ Advances Placement and then your secondary high school transcripts IGCSE/GCSE/O-Levels (country & education board specific but final highschool documents should be VWO equivalent)
    5.) Upload a Passport size photograph it, I used a 3.5 x 4.5 size, but any UK/US/Euro passport size should do. Also additional photo details should be found on the Uni prospective admissions site.
    6.) Upload your english language proficiency test results if applicable - IELTS/TOEFL/ or any other approved test
    7.) University & Program Specific documents such as any reference letters, motivation letters, Resume/CV, any Essays. --> Usually the program you apply to will have information on this on their specific site, additionally the University admissions will also email you for any other documents that they need.

NOTE: For Numerus Fixus programs (Application Deadline usually April/May depending on program specific) --> the admissions decision should only come by officially in the month of June 2014 for the intake of Sept 2014.
    For non- Numerus Fixus Programs --> rolling decisions throughout the year until Application deadline.

Hope this clarifies and helps anyone/everyone

EDIT : 23/12/2013

The Matching Process:

If anyone needs to know what the matching questionnaire/process is, then please PM me and I will email a soft copy of the matching questionnaire i had.

Cheers
    Hey there!

I'm interested in the matching questionnaire, since I'd like to enroll in the European Law School, English Track programme.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, when you talk about a "passport-sized photograph", does this mean an actual passport photograph would be best to send?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zebra123)
    Hi, when you talk about a "passport-sized photograph", does this mean an actual passport photograph would be best to send?
    Yes, I think so. For me personally, I scanned an actual passport photo of mine, cropped it and uploaded it to the MyUM portal

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I applied for UCM I think it wouldn't hurt to provide the predicted grades hahahaa Maybe just upload it to the diploma section with your other stuff

ReputationRep:
    I am interested as well in the matching procedure

ReputationRep:
    Another thing, if they say that 'you are by principle admissible' and they offer the matching questionnaire, does it mean I am in?

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.