?
Report 5 years ago
Cech, Krul, Lloris
PlasticBag
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Mignolet has been one of liver pools worst performers. Those who rate him watch only the motd highlights. He's nervous and a wreck when the ball is at his feet. Krul is miles better and that's from an arsenal fan

Posted from TSR Mobile
Danny the Geezer
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by UniMastermindBOSS)
Yes I think he's underrated

I wouldn't say De Gea as only United fans seem to think he's any good
He's mentioned here a lot of times, funnily enough.
Gob Bluth
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by little_wizard123)
Guzan deserves credit - he's definitely up there. The standard of goalkeeping in the league is fantastic. Add Jaaskelainen and Guzan to Zurich's list, then keepers like Foster, Marshall and Vorm are all very good too.

Based on the number of mistakes Cech and Hart make, I don't think they deserve to be top 3.
I genuinely think Guzan is in the bottom 3 tbh
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't believe there is a definitive five. Too close between Lloris, Cech, De Gea and Chesney, with Hart, Krul and Begovic behind those. Then Mignolet and Guzan.

(Original post by Machop)
Finally, someone talks sense about De Gea. People assume just because he cost 18m and plays for man utd, he must be world class. He may produce some great saves from time to time but is pretty pathetic at dealing with crosses and corners which was especially the case in his first few seasons.
Well he was 20 when joined, coming from a very different culture. Even now he's only 23. I'm sure you know how incredibly young that is for a goal keeper. I have little doubt he's got the potential to be top 3 in the world within the next five to eight years. But I realise this is based on current ability, rather than potential. But even based on current ability it's difficult not to put him in a top five at least.

And he shows his fantastic shot stopping and reflexes more than "from time to time",
dosvidaniya
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
1)Tim Howard
2)Timothy Howard
3)Timothy Matthew Howard
little_wizard123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Gob Bluth)
:lol:
Kutta
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ninuzu)
Anyone think Jaaskelainen deserves a mention? Been very consistent for the past decade. Maybe not top 3, but he is very underrated.
You deserve a medal for spelling his name properly!
sparkysarmy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Remember Hart got most clean sheets, 3 seasons running.
Kutta
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
LLoris
De Gea
Cech

- All 3 are great
Gob Bluth
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
:lol:

What top keeper concedes 8 in a game ffs :facepalm2:
Malevolent
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sparkysarmy)
Remember Hart got most clean sheets, 3 seasons running.
Down to his defence not him :lol:
ninuzu
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You serious?
He got Villa's player of the season last year and although people claim Benteke kept Villa up, there's just as good an argument that Guzan did too.
And some of his saves this season? The Norwich-Villa game springs to mind - he was f****** incredible.
Probably not top 3 but easily top 6/7/8.
little_wizard123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Guzan, believe it or not, actually had a good game. It was the worst defensive display I have ever seen, nothing to do with Guzan.

Is that the best you've got? Jesus Christ.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ninuzu
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

And without him it could have been twice as bad! Watch the full game, then you'll see how shocking te Villa defense was and actually, how good Guzan was to let in just 8!
Ras17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by glousck)

Woj <3
I don't understand how De Gea's goals allowed average is 1.18 when he's conceded 13 in 13

Plus, De Gea has played Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal already in the league, whereas Sczeszny is yet to face Man City or Chelsea where he can definitely expect a more sterner test.

I don't think it'd be fair to compare until at least 19 games have been played, and each keeper has come up against each team at least once.

As for your question OP, it'd probably be: 1. Cech 2. De Gea 3. Lloris

Side Edit: Also a quick shout out for Marshall! Definitely has gone unnoticed this season.
EmperorMustard
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ras17)
I don't understand how De Gea's goals allowed average is 1.18 when he's conceded 13 in 13

Plus, De Gea has played Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal already in the league, whereas Sczeszny is yet to face Man City or Chelsea where he can definitely expect a more sterner test.

I don't think it'd be fair to compare until at least 19 games have been played, and each keeper has come up against each team at least once.

As for your question OP, it'd probably be: 1. Cech 2. De Gea 3. Lloris

Side Edit: Also a quick shout out for Marshall! Definitely has gone unnoticed this season.
Clean sheets kept against Spurs, Liverpool, Dortmund and Napoli already this season..
Ras17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by EmperorMustard)
Clean sheets kept against Spurs, Liverpool, Dortmund and Napoli already this season..
Maybe but I'm strictly going by their premier league performances. That's how the question hit me. Plus it wouldn't be fair to take into account the competitions where not all keepers would have a chance to prove themselves; Krul in the Champions League for example.

Not bashing Szceszny in any way, he's had his best season so far.
EmperorMustard
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ras17)
Maybe but I'm strictly going by their premier league performances. That's how the question hit me. Plus it wouldn't be fair to take into account the competitions where not all keepers would have a chance to prove themselves; Krul in the Champions League for example.

Not bashing Szceszny in any way, he's had his best season so far.
Yeah, I just posted it to show that he's already fared well against the bigger teams this season. I agree though, better to judge at the halfway stage.
Gob Bluth
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
[QUOTE=ninuzu;45228565]You serious?
No, he's top 10 tbh, but i don't watch him enough, but he does make a lot of top saves.
I'm sorry but you're an absolute idiot. Guzan, believe it or not, actually had a good game. It was the worst defensive display I have ever seen, nothing to do with Guzan.

Is that the best you've got? Jesus Christ.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
22.66%
The paper was reasonable (389)
46.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (156)
18.51%
It was TERRIBLE (107)
12.69%

Watched Threads