Ran away!! Watch

xoflower
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Emma122)
really, I am not familiar with Nigeria, is English the main language? in terms of language barriers I suppose most places speak English now.
Yes. We do so stop assuming things. There are 3 main Nigeria languages Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa. Everyone speaks english, it's their second language.
Emma122
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jennifer.tariah)
well, living there for half of my life, i say its safer than here. and i lived in the poorest area in my city. i knew everyone back there so if anything happened they would help you. but here, its so Every man for themselves. which is terrible. i think that makes here even more dangerous
there are dangerous parts in every country, I would not say its every man for themselves here, I don't think anyone is in the position to speak for what a whole country is like
Arketec
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
well, living there for half of my life, i say its safer than here. and i lived in the poorest area in my city. i knew everyone back there so if anything happened they would help you. but here, its so Every man for themselves. which is terrible. i think that makes here even more dangerous
Really doesn't sound like the Nigeria I've read about.
xoflower
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Arketec)
You've never been there though. They only mention the bad things.
jennifer.tariah
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
do you even regard the 160million population. please, have a valid arguement
really, I am not familiar with Nigeria, is English the main language? in terms of language barriers I suppose most places speak English now.
no we speak english. Half of my language is Portuguese, my last name is Portuguese. speaking english in Nigeria is the norm.
Emma122
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by xoflower)
Yes. We do so stop assuming things. There are 3 main Nigeria languages Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa. Everyone speaks english, it's their second language.
I apologise, no need to be defensive, I do not know the language of every country , I only said they need to be secure in the language and culture, which they do need to be secure in.
Arketec
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You've never been there though. They only mention the bad things.
No I've never been there.
xoflower
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I apologise, no need to be defensive, I do not know the language of every country , I only said they need to be secure in the language and culture, which they do need to be secure in.
Well I am gonna be defensive when people think Nigerians are criminals and keep making assumptions.
jennifer.tariah
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
well then. you shouldn't be very gullible..

there are dangerous parts in every country, I would not say its every man for themselves here, I don't think anyone is in the position to speak for what a whole country is like
in comparison. it's a lot like that.
xoflower
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No I've never been there.
Then stop assuming things. I've been there 3x. I know it better than you.
Emma122
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well I am gonna be defensive when people think Nigerians are criminals and keep making assumptions.

I agree that some people on here are making assumptions but I am not one of them, go and argue with the people that did say that Nigerians are criminals
Emma122
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
well then. you shouldn't be very gullible..

in comparison. it's a lot like that.

I doubt very much you have met everyone in the UK, nor visited every area, maybe where you are there is that kind of mentality, you are doing the same thing as the people who are saying stuff about Nigeria
MancStudent098
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
do you even regard the 160million population. please, have a valid arguement .
Do you even syntactic English write or statistics understand? It's a homicide rate, so the population size of Nigeria is irrelevant. The murder rate in Nigeria is more than 10 times that of, for example, Tunisia.
niceguy95
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If youve not been there dont judge

Your probably just going to post that univeristy article like last time smh
WGR
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nigeria? Really? I can understand running away from your parents but there is no need to run away from civilization. Go to Canada or something.
jennifer.tariah
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I doubt very much you have met everyone in the UK, nor visited every area, maybe where you are there is that kind of mentality, you are doing the same thing as the people who are saying stuff about Nigeria
in comparison to my current and ALL the areas i have lived in. it seems that way.

(Original post by MancStudent098)
Do you even syntactic English write or statistics understand? It's a homicide rate, so the population size of Nigeria is irrelevant. The murder rate in Nigeria is more than 10 times that of, for example, Tunisia.
if you would visit a country based on their homicide rates, you wouldn't go anywhere at all.
Arketec
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by niceguy95)
If youve not been there dont judge

Your probably just going to post that univeristy article like last time smh

ok. Fair enough. I only read one article about people who worked on the oil fields. That's all. It sounded pretty horrific to me.
Emma122
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
in comparison to my current and ALL the areas i have lived in. it seems that way.
Ok, hah I can't argue with that, sorry for being pedantic, I just don't like generalisation.
jennifer.tariah
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ok, hah I can't argue with that, sorry for being pedantic, I just don't like generalisation.
I also hate it.
ok. Fair enough. I only read one article about people who worked on the oil fields. That's all. It sounded pretty horrific to me.
Nigeria isn't the UK. and will never be. Morals, and norms in the UK and Nigeria will never be the same. why can't people just accept that. the standard of living and the rate of work is different and will ALWAYS be different. what you call horrific is the only way people can earn a living.
Arketec
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I also hate it.

Nigeria isn't the UK. and will never be. Morals, and norms in the UK and Nigeria will never be the same. why can't people just accept that. the standard of living and the rate of work is different and will ALWAYS be different. what you call horrific is the only way people can earn a living.
The conditions were horrific and the exploitation is shocking to western eyes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
22.52%
The paper was reasonable (390)
45.99%
Not feeling great about that exam... (157)
18.51%
It was TERRIBLE (110)
12.97%

Watched Threads