Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STBUR)
    This is not a problem you can leave until we are a minority. It must be tackled today if we are to preserve our race-cultural heritage.
    Are you suggesting a return to apartheid and/or a ban on interracial relationships?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STBUR)
    ...your racist, anti-European/white ideology...
    Oh look, angry white boy thinks that "reverse racism" is a thing.

Angry white boy needs to get some life experience, me thinks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deehee)
    Define British.

There is no collective British identity.
    I think she mean 'English'

English = born and bred in England.
    British = Could be either English, Scottish, Welsh or N. Irish or someone who holds a British passport through entitlement.

I am British English.

ReputationRep:
    I am not even white English but born here and so were my parents etc i agree immigration needs to stop n

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    I am not even white English but born here and so were my parents etc i agree immigration needs to stop n

ReputationRep:
    One of the immigrants in places such as slough and west London southall don't even have a basic grasp of the language yet expect to come here and live of the state.....we should have basic language requirements and a security bond of 3 k to ensure no back door immies

ReputationRep:
    well what do you expect if you go to uni in london

ReputationRep:
    Here at York, 70% of people doing Econ are British.

I wonder what uni he goes to?

ReputationRep:
    Immigrants should also make more of an effort to integrate....maybe I am biased because I live in a majority white/middle class area and therefore act like an English person but when driving through certain areas of birmingham is it is beyond belief how segregated they are from the rest of society and something needs to be done to avoid the risk of tensions alienation etc

ReputationRep:
    Given that more people than ever are going to University (maybe it's taken a dip since the fee rise though) it's not that British people are not going in favour of foreign people, it's that there are more foreign people.

Is that a bad thing? Not really. More students means more money means more and higher quality research budgets, equipment and professors.

In my experience there really weren't that many non-british students anyway... Depends no your course and location I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanvyj)
    Given that more people than ever are going to University (maybe it's taken a dip since the fee rise though) it's not that British people are not going in favour of foreign people, it's that there are more foreign people.

Is that a bad thing? Not really. More students means more money means more and higher quality research budgets, equipment and professors.

In my experience there really weren't that many non-british students anyway... Depends no your course and location I guess.
    The problem is once they finished studying,is that they stay here to live/work illegaly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STBUR)
    No it is not the same situation. The non-white proportion of UK is way more than 5%. In addition they are procreating at an increased rate. 25% of children born in the UK are not white-British. Obviously a percentage of that 25% is other Europeans, and returning Europeans from SA, Oz etc (but they all have sub 2.1 birth rates) but the changes can already be seen in London, Birmingham etc. Go read the census data;

http://boundaryassistant.org/census/censusstats.htm

And you will see how many areas are minority white. This is not a problem you can leave until we are a minority. It must be tackled today if we are to preserve our race-cultural heritage.
    Weird viewpoint, to say the least. Very weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deehee)
    Everyone in a British university is British.

If you live in Britain you are British.
    Euuuh no......

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Катя)
    Oh look, angry white boy thinks that "reverse racism" is a thing.

Angry white boy needs to get some life experience, me thinks...
    :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wildleaves)
    Euuuh no......

Posted from TSR Mobile
    +9999999999

ReputationRep:
    So many angry racists on this thread :rofl: Lel I guess the Internet is the only place they can air their views

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alpha brah)
    So many angry racists on this thread :rofl: Lel I guess the Internet is the only place they can air their views
    Your so funny in every thread you post ,you call everyone a 'racist or a troll'if they don't agree with your views.
    Why are you even posting in the student room if you can't have a debate without screaming racism when you are running out of arguments??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Le-JokerFr)
    Your so funny in every thread you post ,you call everyone a 'racist'.
    Why are you even posting in the student room if you can't have a debate without screaming racism when you are runing out of arguments??
    People don't just scream racism when they are running out of arguments. They scream racism when you are blatantly being racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Катя)
    People don't just scream racism when they are running out of arguments. They scream racism when you are blatantly being racist.

Where do you see racism?

Truth hurts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AyWill)
    That's all well and good but doesn't this just lead to British applicants being looked upon less favourable financially? If I were a businessman and I had to chose between a venture that could give me 9k as opposed to 27k (making up the figure) I would choose the latter.
    Also, yes the UK higher education is widely regarded but we shouldn't be almost the only one in Europe. How many times do you hear of British applicants deciding to do a degree in Poland? Bulgaria? Switzerland? Rarely.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for 'multiculturalism' but at what cost? Seems like a one way street to me.
    Why don't we address the fact that the quality of foreign language teaching in schools in Britain is abysmal? If we could speak foreign languages with more confidence then British students would feel more comfortable studying abroad. Languages are seriously undervalued here.

London is a very diverse city though, and it stands to reason that they'd have more non-British students than elsewhere. But anyway, I'm British, and I'm at uni, I don't exactly feel like an endangered species.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.