Most Emotional Video game deaths. Watch

Nour00
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Mario.

Makes me weep every time his sweet little soul goes plummeting down one of those horrendous cliffs or his adorable moustache comes in contact with those dirty Goombas :'(
Malevolent
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
man this thread picked up fast
Alextyler7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TheLittlestElf)
Which Video game have you played that has managed to make you cry before?
I don't remember any such game.
xmertic
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by That Bearded Man)
More so the end of 2 when I thought Elena had died.
Sully > Elena
TimBob12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
To The Moon is pretty emotional. Doesn't take long to complete and is dirt cheap on Steam and GOG and has awesome soundtrack. Everything about is just so many emotions :P
nmr1991
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i wanna be the guy
Octopus_Garden
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by desdemonata)
Not exactly a death, but saying goodbye to Garrus (both times if you have the slightly improved ending patch) in ME3 if you romanced him... DARE YOU not to cry.

Mordin's is also pretty sad, gotta second that.

Edit: didn't give a **** when Ashley died in ME1. What a *****. Kinda wish I'd let Kaiden die though, in ME1 he was marginally less annoying even if he took my Paragon being nice to him as romantic invitation... He was really irritating in 2 though :rolleyes:
Assuming you only romanced Garrus and didn't have a relationship with Kaidan, you don't know you're born. The irritation levels had me stopping play, in order to go on other games, where I would rant about Kaidan to my team! To this day, I consider having a relationship with Kaidan to be the worst dating mistake of my life.

When I play through again, I am going to let Kaidan die, and romance Garrus, the guy who really had my heart...
desdemonata
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Octopus_Garden)
Assuming you only romanced Garrus and didn't have a relationship with Kaidan, you don't know you're born. The irritation levels had me stopping play, in order to go on other games, where I would rant about Kaidan to my team! To this day, I consider having a relationship with Kaidan to be the worst dating mistake of my life.

When I play through again, I am going to let Kaidan die, and romance Garrus, the guy who really had my heart...
I did though! Without meaning to! :rant: Being a Paragon to Kaidan meant romancing him. I played ME2 before I got ME1, so I wasn't expecting that (as luckily in ME2 being a Paragon doesn't get taken as being a flirt :dry:) and then suddenly he's trying to kiss me, when I had no idea I'd been supposedly romancing him :nothing: The renuion in ME2 and constant "but you're Cerberus! I don't know you anymore! You've changed!" and then in ME3 "I'm sorry I was such a whiny *****, but but wuv me!" were just awful.
I ALMOST made a really bad decision concerning being Paragon with Kaidan again in ME3 but my brother was there and he warned me not to so Kaidan wouldn't take it the wrong way as always :rofl:

Garrus is my favourite character ever. It's hilarious that my brother romanced Tali is his gameplay and we both tried to convince the other to romance someone else so we could see the so-called "Talibrations" scene :teehee: Gotta love Garrus being so awkward though, and that voice... :sogood:
Octopus_Garden
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I did though! Without meaning to! :rant: Being a Paragon to Kaidan meant romancing him. I played ME2 before I got ME1, so I wasn't expecting that (as luckily in ME2 being a Paragon doesn't get taken as being a flirt :dry:) and then suddenly he's trying to kiss me, when I had no idea I'd been supposedly romancing him :nothing: The renuion in ME2 and constant "but you're Cerberus! I don't know you anymore! You've changed!" and then in ME3 "I'm sorry I was such a whiny *****, but but wuv me!" were just awful.
I ALMOST made a really bad decision concerning being Paragon with Kaidan again in ME3 but my brother was there and he warned me not to so Kaidan wouldn't take it the wrong way as always :rofl:

Garrus is my favourite character ever. It's hilarious that my brother romanced Tali is his gameplay and we both tried to convince the other to romance someone else so we could see the so-called "Talibrations" scene :teehee: Gotta love Garrus being so awkward though, and that voice... :sogood:
Yes. All that. Bloody awful boyfriend!

Tali's and Garrus's courtship is wonderful. That's part of why I didn't dump Kaidan in 3. Couldn't bear to hurt her, once I'd realised her intentions!
desdemonata
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Octopus_Garden)
Yes. All that. Bloody awful boyfriend!

Tali's and Garrus's courtship is wonderful. That's part of why I didn't dump Kaidan in 3. Couldn't bear to hurt her, once I'd realised her intentions!
I never really expected much to be honest :emo: Kaidan and Ashley just made humanity look bad.

There's some epic dialogue if you romance Garrus :teehee: and Tali never says anything about Garrus because you have to do it in ME2 for it to pass over into ME3, so you don't even need to feel bad
Cannotbelieveit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Most of the deaths in the Brothers in Arms series.

They didn't make me cry though.
NathanW18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I did though! Without meaning to! :rant: Being a Paragon to Kaidan meant romancing him.
You dun goof'd by being a paragon in ME1. Shepard is hilarious if you go renegade. He's a **** to everyone.

I can't decide who I dislike more out of Kaiden and Ash. Both are pretty terrible characters.
desdemonata
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by NathanW18)
You dun goof'd by being a paragon in ME1. Shepard is hilarious if you go renegade. He's a **** to everyone.

I can't decide who I dislike more out of Kaiden and Ash. Both are pretty terrible characters.
I'm always a Paragon But the dialogue for Renegade is pretty awesome :lol:

Probably there to make the romance options ****, and the aliens look awesome. Their only actual use was making humans look like useless pricks.
username1150116
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Zack in Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core...

dem feels
NathanW18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm always a Paragon But the dialogue for Renegade is pretty awesome :lol:

Probably there to make the romance options ****, and the aliens look awesome. Their only actual use was making humans look like useless pricks.
You're missing out!

I do think that paragon is 'cannon', but I much prefer renegade in all 3 games. Shepard comes out with so many great renegade lines in ME1.

That could be the case. I never romanced them, because I disliked their characters. I've only seen the scenes on YouTube. Jacob was pretty bland as well, but Miranda and Zaeed were pretty good characters.

Liara for ever. :love:
desdemonata
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You're missing out!

I do think that paragon is 'cannon', but I much prefer renegade in all 3 games. Shepard comes out with so many great renegade lines in ME1.

That could be the case. I never romanced them, because I disliked their characters. I've only seen the scenes on YouTube. Jacob was pretty bland as well, but Miranda and Zaeed were pretty good characters.

Liara for ever. :love:
I might go and look that up now, actually Procrastination ftw.

I meant ME1 specifically, in ME2 it got better. Got a soft spot for Jack Never had Zaeed :sad:

Jacob has a black hole for a personality :nothing: I'm also not entirely sure how you're meant to romance him, because I tried just talking to him and being friendly and he'd brush me off :dontknow: Seen the vids of the dialogue though "but the priiiizzeee" :rofl:
NathanW18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I might go and look that up now, actually Procrastination ftw.

I meant ME1 specifically, in ME2 it got better. Got a soft spot for Jack Never had Zaeed :sad:

Jacob has a black hole for a personality :nothing: I'm also not entirely sure how you're meant to romance him, because I tried just talking to him and being friendly and he'd brush me off :dontknow: Seen the vids of the dialogue though "but the priiiizzeee" :rofl:
Do it. I've pretty much seen all of the dialogue when it comes to Mass Effect. Through playing the game so many times myself and watching the rest on YouTube. Love this series.

I don't know how I forgot about Jack. I liked how crazy she was and the tension between her and Miranda. "Cerberus Cheerleader!" The dialogue between her and Miranda in the Citadel DLC is pretty good as well. She did change quite a lot when you tried to romance her.

I'm not sure how it really works with Jacob. During all of my playthroughs, I've only tried FemShep once I didn't romance anybody on that playthrough. I have only seen the cutscenes on YouTube. Jacob being around ended up with this being created:

In the end, it was probably worth it.
miser
  • Debate & Current Affairs Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Final Fantasy X: I cried the last time I played it when the characters steeled themselves to fight Lady Yunalesca. I also find Someday the Dream Will End to be an exceptionally beautiful and emotional piece of music.

Final Fantasy VII: I cried the last time I played it when Bugenhagen was explaining about Red XIII's father turning to stone protecting Cosmo Canyon. The accompanying music, The Great Warrior, is also superb.
NathanW18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by miser)
Final Fantasy X: I cried the last time I played it when the characters steeled themselves to fight Lady Yunalesca. I also find Someday the Dream Will End to be an exceptionally beautiful and emotional piece of music.
The ending to that game gets me every time, but I didn't mention it, because nobody really dies. Tidus having to leave and Yuna being upset is the first time that a video game ever made me emotional.
desdemonata
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Do it. I've pretty much seen all of the dialogue when it comes to Mass Effect. Through playing the game so many times myself and watching the rest on YouTube. Love this series.

I don't know how I forgot about Jack. I liked how crazy she was and the tension between her and Miranda. "Cerberus Cheerleader!" The dialogue between her and Miranda in the Citadel DLC is pretty good as well. She did change quite a lot when you tried to romance her.

I'm not sure how it really works with Jacob. During all of my playthroughs, I've only tried FemShep once I didn't romance anybody on that playthrough. I have only seen the cutscenes on YouTube. Jacob being around ended up with this being created:

In the end, it was probably worth it.
Oh my god :rofl:

I actually just can't get past that video :toofunny: Have you seen the ME Gamerpoop and Legion and Friends by Phunnyneon? Could waste all day watching ME parody vids :giggle:

I've replayed so many times. I played ME2 2-3 times, then got ME1, played that twice and imported my character through to ME2 again, then played ME3 once before raging a bit and then importing my character again... mainly to get Wrex

Jack's a badass. But I remember how pissed off I was the first couple of times I played ME2 and I kept losing Miranda's or Jack's loyalty, and I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong :argh:
I've only ever romanced Garrus (and accidentally Kaidan :nothing:)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (480)
30.91%
The paper was reasonable (601)
38.7%
Not feeling great about that exam... (256)
16.48%
It was TERRIBLE (216)
13.91%

Watched Threads