Ok. Just finished my HKUST interview.
I had different questions.

When should I expect an offer from UST?
Wilsoncw1997
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Normal track here. Has anyone got anything from UST???

Posted from TSR Mobile
ibtes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,

Today I got en email from HKU reading

"We are very pleased to have received your application for the Bachelor of Arts in Urban Studies programme. Your application has been recommended to the faculties for their evaluation. "

Does everyone receive this email?
jeddybed
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ibtes)
Hi,

"We are very pleased to have received your application for the Bachelor of Arts in Urban Studies programme. Your application has been recommended to the faculties for their evaluation. "

Yes, I received a similar email from HKU this evening. Can't believe that they are that slow at reviewing our application. Btw, has anyone who received HKUST offers paid the deposit? I don't think I will accept my offer as HKUST is not my first choice.
iamyourmum
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ibtes)
Hi,

I received this email from HKU (I applied for law in November for the fast track option)

I'm really confused. Does this mean that they have only received my application now. 2 months after I submitted it o_O
pinkmemetchi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I received a similar email too. It's nothing. It's just to keep you updated.
I think they send it to everyone. And I think I got a similar one a month ago too.
cycahm
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
did you have an interview before receiving this email?
pinkmemetchi
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
nope. But it's still good to know that I'm being considered.
Manic8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes I paid the deposit....got an offer for Maths and economics at HKUST also apllied to HKU but didn't want to risk not being made an offer
jeddybed
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Manic8)
Yes I paid the deposit....got an offer for Maths and economics at HKUST also apllied to HKU but didn't want to risk not being made an offer
Did you apply to the Business and Management course at HKUST? I don't like the fact that you would have to apply separately in your first year to declare your major. There's no guarantee I would get into the specific major that I want. Did you apply anywhere else other than HK?
Helloworld88
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jeddybed)
Yes, I received a similar email from HKU this evening. Can't believe that they are that slow at reviewing our application. Btw, has anyone who received HKUST offers paid the deposit? I don't think I will accept my offer as HKUST is not my first choice.
Are you guys using the predicted grades to apply ?
Manic8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Did you apply to the Business and Management course at HKUST? I don't like the fact that you would have to apply separately in your first year to declare your major. There's no guarantee I would get into the specific major that I want. Did you apply anywhere else other than HK?
I applied for Maths and Economics at the Science School. Also waiting for HKU...yes I also got offers from Bath, Warwick and Manchester
cycahm
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
did you apply for fast track?
cause I did for hku and i had an interview but havent had anything back for ages.
jeddybed
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Manic8)
I applied for Maths and Economics at the Science School. Also waiting for HKU...yes I also got offers from Bath, Warwick and Manchester
Hmmm, then do you think Warwick Econs is better than HKUST Econs and Finance?
Manic8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hmmm, then do you think Warwick Econs is better than HKUST Econs and Finance?
They say Warwick is better but am not worried about that am just looking to work in Asia in the future and by studying in hk I think that will give me good experience
pinkmemetchi
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My friend got an Skype Interview invitation from CUHK. She applied for integrated BBA.
Did anyone get any emails from CUHK?

I'm not as worried, as I applied for Law as my 1st choice, so it's no surprise that she gets an interview before me, since it's from a totally different department.
Manic8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by cycahm)
cause I did for hku and i had an interview but havent had anything back for ages.
It was through fast track. Got an offer from hkust at the end of Dec and still waiting on hku. Tho hku has sent an email asking for documents to be sent directly to the faculty..apparently this is because they want directly look at my records instead of waiting
lauramercier
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey guys! I know I'm not quite in the same position as you, but I've been given a place to study at CUHK next year for Study Abroad. Would be cool to meet up with any other folks heading out to HK as international students
ashay
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
guys !! We all received an email from Hku in last couple of days.
Does the email mean that we have been shifted to the main round?
Some of my friends in my school applied for bachelors of engineering and had their interview on december 17, and they received offer on January 13
ashay
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by cycahm)
When did you have your interview?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (491)
31.1%
The paper was reasonable (608)
38.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (258)
16.34%
It was TERRIBLE (222)
14.06%

Watched Threads