Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Kindly indicate when that has ever happened.

Bombs have not been dropped en mass for many years. It is simply wasteful. All bombs are aimed. None are dropped 'willy nilly' from aircraft. Some may have been aimed incorrectly, but that is categorically not the same thing as being dropped "in random places".

By all means debate, but use facts when doing so.
    In Iraq bombs were in fact dropped willy nilly onto civilians. That's a fact for you. Look it up.
    In fact, you could put it more accurately by saying that they were deliberately dropped in a haphazard and indiscriminate manner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CryptoidAlien)
    I've noticed the ongoing spite toward Troops: Labelling them Murderers and child killers. Terms in my mind, we often do not hear many people label terrorists these days.

In just in general I notice much criticism and dislike of our troops, with nobody speaking of the good work they do, or stop to think if their are 'bad' one it's only a minority.

What's the deal.
    THe deal is very simply that people have become more aware of who the real terrorists are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by originaltitle)
    THe deal is very simply that people have become more aware of who the real terrorists are.
    I've also become aware over who the real Nazi's are

ReputationRep:
    Nope, they abduct children and behead them instead of the whole penis lark.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/22842512
    CryptoidAlien, you believe in fairy tales? :teehee:
    Not that anybody can blame you though... If you don't believe in fairies you'll never find them.

ReputationRep:
    CryptoidAlien, you believe in fairy tales? :teehee:
    Not that anybody can blame you though... If you don't believe in fairies you'll never find them.
    No, I just though I heard you said that the British Army where the real terrorists, whilst ignoring the Taliban, Al-Qaeda and the trend anaylsys of the source of terrorism. Yet you say I believe in fairytales. loool.

ReputationRep:
    I've also become aware over who the real Nazi's are
    Ah yes, the former victims of the Nazis. Yes, we live in the age of ultimate enlightenment.

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes, the former victims of the Nazis. Yes, we live in the age of ultimate enlightenment.
    Nazi ideology can come in any form. It's more about intentions then anything. Especially when you speak of Fascism, look no further then the Qu'ran or history of Abrahamic faiths. It stil continues today.

ReputationRep:
    i hate all armies equally

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No, I just though I heard you said that the British Army where the real terrorists, whilst ignoring the Taliban, Al-Qaeda and the trend anaylsys of the source of terrorism. Yet you say I believe in fairytales. loool.
    Nobody's ignoring them. Most educated people these days know that what they've been and are still being attributed with never was their doing.
    They live thousands of miles away from you. If you choose to succumb to hearsay, that's your deficiency. Our gallant troops on the other hand are right here and can't get away with the atrocities they commit on lands far far away because people aren't as gullible as they were fifty years ago.

ReputationRep:
    Are we? I'm going to guess it's because the media will explode any episode of any hostility to troops. I mean if an MP stood up in parliarment and said "I hate terrorist," we'd probably not even hear about it. The other way around and it'd be EVERYWHERE.

ReputationRep:
    Nobody's ignoring them. Most educated people these days know that what they've been and are still being attributed with never was their doing.
    They live thousands of miles away from you. If you choose to succumb to hearsay, that's your deficiency. Our gallant troops on the other hand are right here and can't get away with the atrocities they commit on lands far far away because people aren't as gullible as they were fifty years ago.
    You just said they're the 'real terrorists'. :confused: I'm not taking words out of anybody's mouth, and I don't think it's the troops which are the gullible ones either.

ReputationRep:
    The British Army is mainly filled with people thinking they are doing the right thing, if these crimes are being committed I expect most of the army is unaware of them going on, shouldn't the hate be directed at the government rather than your average soldier?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callmemorbid)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, how dare a country defend itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panda Bear)
    Are we? I'm going to guess it's because the media will explode any episode of any hostility to troops. I mean if an MP stood up in parliarment and said "I hate terrorist," we'd probably not even hear about it. The other way around and it'd be EVERYWHERE.
    Nope, he'd probably be called racist.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, they abduct children and behead them instead of the whole penis lark.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/22842512
    1. Not the best source on the Taliban, as they could be mistaken for random bandits.

2. They were executed for spying (not exactly innocent). I'm sure you're aware of the consequences many nations adhere to when dealing with Spies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callmemorbid)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's the easy way out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justanotherposter)
    The British Army is mainly filled with people thinking they are doing the right thing, if these crimes are being committed I expect most of the army is unaware of them going on, shouldn't the hate be directed at the government rather than your average soldier?
    My point was we are seeing more hostility toward soldiers then terrorists, which I think this thread proves, as that's the progressive way of thinking, being biased.

ReputationRep:
    You just said they're the 'real terrorists'. :confused: I'm not taking words out of anybody's mouth, and I don't think it's the troops which are the gullible ones either.
    Hey, did many foreign armies gang up against Great Britain and invade Great Britain because they disagreed with the way Great Britain's government ruled? Did they batter Great Britain to bits and leave it in rags and shambles? Did they result in the loss of British lives, all under the guise of protecting the British people from a despotic and oppressive regime? No. If they had, w'd be in a position to call them terrorists. Terrorists is exactly what the people in those places think of us and our armies. And they have ample reason to think that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-Mudaari)
    Please let the DailyMail know that neither Taliban or Al-Qaeda do this.

Thanks.
    See my earlier post. I witnessed these events with my own eyes. And plenty of others have seen exactly the same.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, did many foreign armies gang up against Great Britain and invade Great Britain because they disagreed with the way Great Britain's government ruled? Did they batter Great Britain to bits and leave it in rags and shambles? Did they result in the loss of British lives, all under the guise of protecting the British people from a despotic and oppressive regime? No. If they had, w'd be in a position to call them terrorists. Terrorists is exactly what the people in those places think of us and our armies. And they have ample reason to think that way.
    Nope, they just created Multiculturalism instead.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.