My boyfriend is a bit....thick Watch

This discussion is closed.
SoftPunch
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by stephie.u3)
Don't worry, it could be worse... You know how rice expands as it's cooked?? Yeah, well, my best friend's boyfriend thought it was cos rice multiplies...Multipliess!! He genuinely put four grains of rice in a pan and asked if that would make enough for one person. :facepalm:

I'd count yourself lucky if I were you.
Haha. This is so funny! :rofl:
Guy Secretan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
also you are a size twenty so beggars cannot be choosers
KelseyLoveday
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Working class does not equal thick you snobby up-your-own-arse piece of crap. How dare you use that as a reason for him perhaps not grasping things as quickly as you do. At least working class people earn everything they get rather than daddy paying for it all.
dosvidaniya
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Some of the wording in the OP make you sound a bit of an idiot to be honest... Though, if having to know random pieces of trivial information is a deal breaker for you, then by all means find somebody else who meets these requirements.
Harley
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by KelseyLoveday)
Working class does not equal thick you snobby up-your-own-arse piece of crap. How dare you use that as a reason for him perhaps not grasping things as quickly as you do. At least working class people earn everything they get rather than daddy paying for it all.
This whole thread is a great start to anti-bullying week

Posted from TSR Mobile
thatrollingstone
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
She didn't necessarily indicate that working class meant he was thick.

Please calm down and try not to be so bitter/angry!
TheOriginalAng
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

Anyway, either it's something that is very important to you so you're justly upset (possibly no exactly the right word) about it or you're just being too judgemental. If it's really important to you, you might just have to end it. However, if you're just being too judgemental and you want someone perfect, stop. Disney lied, there's no Prince Charming.
DeveenaS
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just because he has dyslexia does not mean your children will. If you want your children to have a great education then nurture them the same way your parents did you. At the end of the day if your boyfriend ends up being your husband he is only going to want the best for your children as well and will not stop you at bringing them up with a good educational backbone.

Stop mentioning his family in a negative way. Imagine you were in his shoes and he said the same to you? How would you feel? Parents are every person's idol so to have your current partner - someone that you love - tear them down is something you never want to hear.

I know it must be hard at times - my best friend is rather dopey with general affairs and grammar but you just have to take it with a pinch of salt. And sure every now and then correct them or help them see where they went wrong but never knock them. You can't change who they are - you love them because they are that person.

All the best to you
little_wizard123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why do you have doubts over his educational ambition for his kids? He got into the same university as you... :rolleyes:
yennibubs
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ok, so he doesn't know much about current affairs, and general knowledge. Some of the things he doesn't know shocks you but actually it's not a measure of intelligence at all. Both my brother and boyfriend are the same. They don't know much about these things but they are able think logically, solve problems and do their decent jobs well.

Lacking general knowledge doesn't mean your kids will. It'll depend on how they are brought up, and if you encourage them to care about these things, then they will.

You could also encourage your bf to read some newspapers. If he's really not interested, you can try getting him to watch programs like 'Mock the week', which is a fun way of learning what's happening in the world. If he genuinely has no interest in any of this and you have a problem with his lack of knowledge then it's time to end things.

Posted from TSR Mobile
frankieboy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
One of my ex girlfriends thought a female lion was a tiger.

Just recently got her degree with flying colours.
bloke
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I won't jump on the bandwagon of the rest of the TSR and start saying how "bad" you are to your boyfriend.
I think I can understand your frustration. This is recently the problem I am having with looking for a girl as usually the prettier the dumber they are
And I can't stand dumb.

I think you need to decide for yourself whether it is an issue or not to be breaking up about. In all honesty I wouldn't want a girlfriend that doesn't know who Fidel Castro is for example or Chavez etc. Don't quite understand how you landed him in first place. He must be really attractive?
locrian37
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by + polarity -)
What?
Which part was difficult to understand?
bunny96
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by little_wizard123)
Why do you have doubts over his educational ambition for his kids? He got into the same university as you... :rolleyes:
Good point!!
Alpha brah
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Guy Secretan)
also you are a size twenty so beggars cannot be choosers
This is cruel but true. OP, you made a thread on "I'm fat he's thin".

How would you like it if he came and posted here saying "My girlfriend is a bit...thick?"

Letting yourself get that out of shape is just as bad as not educating yourself.
Guy Secretan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
well not really a lot of them rely on benefits
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
...brain transplant?
frankieboy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Guy Secretan)
well not really a lot of them rely on benefits

I find it hard to categorise people who don't work as "working class"...
Freier._.lance
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Viva Emptiness)
This is kind of mean. Not knowing who the Queen of England is is definitely not a sign of a lack of intelligence. My ex thought that clocks in the southern hemisphere ran backwards because of that episode in the Simpsons where the toilets flush the wrong way (apparently he thought the same principle applies...) and he's now doing a PhD in Physics. Make of that what you will.
Oh dear god!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (201)
22.04%
The paper was reasonable (388)
42.54%
Not feeling great about that exam... (175)
19.19%
It was TERRIBLE (148)
16.23%

Watched Threads