The Student Room Group

Edgehill nursing 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
MellyBee, I imagine if you have been waiting so long that you will have got a place on the course chick :smile: Its so horrible waiting so long especially when it is only 7 weeks now til start date so I can imagine you are on pins! Did you say it was last year your interview? Many people who had interviews similar time to me found out shortly after interview and were not successful, but I had to wait a good few months until I found out I had been accepted and another girl like me still hadnt heard for ages and also got a place but hers was the adult intake for September just gone. Keep positive!! Im almost certain if you have been waiting this long then it is going to be very good news for you :smile: xx
Reply 61
Original post by chel_993
Argh no 😔 child branch is a different ball game though Hun so they may wait till all interviews are completed then send out offers. Think positively if you had done badly they would of sent you a unsuccessful by now so it's a good sign x

Thank you you've cheered me up just getting abit fed up now lol want to know x x x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by Ammo87
MellyBee, I imagine if you have been waiting so long that you will have got a place on the course chick :smile: Its so horrible waiting so long especially when it is only 7 weeks now til start date so I can imagine you are on pins! Did you say it was last year your interview? Many people who had interviews similar time to me found out shortly after interview and were not successful, but I had to wait a good few months until I found out I had been accepted and another girl like me still hadnt heard for ages and also got a place but hers was the adult intake for September just gone. Keep positive!! Im almost certain if you have been waiting this long then it is going to be very good news for you :smile: xx

Thanks so much .... You've given me abit of incentive !!!! Awww i know it's so frustrating I'm assuming it'll be for September intake as I origianally applied for that because April is now full I think so fingers crossedx x x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Original post by mellybee
Hi Hun what branch when was your interview ..... Congratulations you must have done extremely well !!! x x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! I applied for adult nursing, September intake.. My interview was in December so I've really had to be patient! When was your interview? I'm sure you've done well because you're still waiting.. Which isn't a rejection! Think positive, they may be waiting till all the interviews to finish before handing out offers. Good luck! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Original post by chel_993
We'll done grace, I received a conditional offer for edge hill adult nursing. my interview was in nov heard December x is it adult nursing you've got a place for?

Thank you so much!
Yes my place is for adult nursing too! My interview was in December and I've just heard now.
Well done on getting a place too x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Yes thats what happened to me!! My interview was March last year and they still had places left for the April intake but I didn't finish my access course until the June so was expected September intake if I were to be successful but ending up getting this April!! So I have been waiting nearly a year to start!! But it actually worked out well for me as my little boy has only just started preschool this January so I would of struggled for childcare for him if I started uni any sooner. I am finallyyyyyy nearly there now!! It is within reach :smile: Haha. Keeping fingers crossed for you!! Given past experience of how others of heard I am pretty sure it is good news for you though!! Hope so!! And I wouldnt rule out April 2014 intake just yet either you never know? But to even get September you will of done really well!! Good luck :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Original post by Ammo87
Yes thats what happened to me!! My interview was March last year and they still had places left for the April intake but I didn't finish my access course until the June so was expected September intake if I were to be successful but ending up getting this April!! So I have been waiting nearly a year to start!! But it actually worked out well for me as my little boy has only just started preschool this January so I would of struggled for childcare for him if I started uni any sooner. I am finallyyyyyy nearly there now!! It is within reach :smile: Haha. Keeping fingers crossed for you!! Given past experience of how others of heard I am pretty sure it is good news for you though!! Hope so!! And I wouldnt rule out April 2014 intake just yet either you never know? But to even get September you will of done really well!! Good luck :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks so much I'm hoping September or next April to be honest now as I work for nhs and have give four weeks notice at work when's your start date x x x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Original post by Grrace95
Hi! I applied for adult nursing, September intake.. My interview was in December so I've really had to be patient! When was your interview? I'm sure you've done well because you're still waiting.. Which isn't a rejection! Think positive, they may be waiting till all the interviews to finish before handing out offers. Good luck! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

November hunny everyone keeps saying so but untill you've had confirmation you doubt it don't you lol well done Hun x x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
Yes it gives you time to get prepared then too instead of being all rush doesnt it :smile: I work for the NHS too chick aand have just had to give 8 weeks notice so just double check that with HR because I always thought 4 weeks was the standard too. Unless it goes on which trust you work for :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
Original post by Ammo87
Yes it gives you time to get prepared then too instead of being all rush doesnt it :smile: I work for the NHS too chick aand have just had to give 8 weeks notice so just double check that with HR because I always thought 4 weeks was the standard too. Unless it goes on which trust you work for :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it goes off how many years you've worked their I've been there two years so could be six weeks I'll check with my manager Hun thanks didn't think about that oops but even if u didn't give notice what would they do can you get around it I've been worrying over this x x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
I think it could maybe be discretionary to your manager, and it will be the new annual entitlement of holidays so although you wouldn't get your full years worth because you would be leaving I think they may allow you to use some to leave work sooner if you get me? Its all so complicated isnt it!! :/ September would be so much better in that respect although I bet you are itching to get started asap if you can! Have you bugged the uni a little bit and phoned to see if there is any further progress with the decisions? Is Edge Hill the only uni you applied for? xx
Reply 71
Original post by Ammo87
I think it could maybe be discretionary to your manager, and it will be the new annual entitlement of holidays so although you wouldn't get your full years worth because you would be leaving I think they may allow you to use some to leave work sooner if you get me? Its all so complicated isnt it!! :/ September would be so much better in that respect although I bet you are itching to get started asap if you can! Have you bugged the uni a little bit and phoned to see if there is any further progress with the decisions? Is Edge Hill the only uni you applied for? xx

I'm waiting on uclan to but they only have September start for child nursing ... Yeah they said they are awaiting recruitment targets so it's on hold and my application from uclan is still with tutor who interviewed me x x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Original post by mellybee
I'm still waiting chell for child branch ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm still waiting to hear back and I'm adult branch, interview 1st Nov...I've had an unconditional offer from Uclan, heard back within two weeks. I think Edgehill have done me a favour as I think I would now prefer to go Uclan, it's closer to me and the course is 40 weeks instead of 45 so will get to spend more time with my littlies plus placements are more my way and they actually want me!!! If Edgehill had offered me within two weeks like they said at interview I would have snapped their hand off and never even considered Uclan! Hope you hear soon honey, at least it's not too long until April now xx
Reply 73
Has anyone had an offer for mental health nursing at edge hill yet? Thanks
Reply 74
Any news yet ladies or gents shouldn't be long now surely x x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Hiya, I had my interview at Edge Hill on Saturday for Adult Nursing. They said we would hear something in around 7-10 days. Keeping my fingers crossed! Anyone who has had an offer doing an He access course? What kind of conditions have you had?
Reply 76
Original post by fyearing86
Hiya, I had my interview at Edge Hill on Saturday for Adult Nursing. They said we would hear something in around 7-10 days. Keeping my fingers crossed! Anyone who has had an offer doing an He access course? What kind of conditions have you had?

I'm doing a access to he the conditional offer I got was to pass access course with level 2 maths and English
Reply 77
I had my interview too on saturday.
Wish they would hurry up and tell me either way!
Reply 78
Original post by fyearing86

I had mine too on saturday.. sitting tight but its horrid waiting.. how do you think it went?
Reply 79
Original post by kazaa40
I had miftoo on saturday.. sitting tight but its horrid waiting.. how do you think it went?

Does anyone know the pass rates for the entry tests? My interview went well but not sure about the tests... Only had it yesterday though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending