Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup Thread! Watch

niceguy95
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If emenike and I.Uche stay fit, can see Nigeria reaching the Last 8. Providing, Musa and ideye don't play
Arturo Bandini
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kruz)
I mean as in to harm their reputation, the racism documentary with Poland/Ukraine was a bit cheeky taking the moral high ground as to forget the racism we have here as well.

Oh yeah what they saying? Just the boring stuff about bad infrastructure and unfinished stadiums?
username912610
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Arturo Bandini)
Oh yeah what they saying? Just the boring stuff about bad infrastructure and unfinished stadiums?
Nah just talking about the crime, favelas, prostitution, etc it's like they don't want people to go.
Arturo Bandini
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kruz)
Nah just talking about the crime, favelas, prostitution, etc it's like they don't want people to go.
smh. Nobody's gonna even set foot in a favela anyway
Silver Arrows
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Cheeky £10 bet on Uruguay at 25/1. Strong team in South America, they should go far.
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kruz)
I mean as in to harm their reputation, the racism documentary with Poland/Ukraine was a bit cheeky taking the moral high ground as to forget the racism we have here as well.
lol it's just a documentary bro. While there is a touch of scaremongering involved it's probably for the best these kind of things are aired given the mean IQ of England's traveling fans. Brazil is a dump, anybody going should heed the warnings and advice. FTR nothing will happen unless you are a complete **** and wonder off somewhere pissed as a fart.

I don't think there is an agenda besides making a program people would want to watch, it's not an English thing, but even if there was I'd understand it. Army helicopter had to land on the pitch recently to disperse rioting hooligans in Brazil, not sure if anyone died, but imagine if that had happened here in the run up to a WC hosted in England. We fart in our stadiums and that's harming our WC bid :rolleyes:.
Arturo Bandini
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Silver Arrows)
Cheeky £10 bet on Uruguay at 25/1. Strong team in South America, they should go far.
Uruguay are not a strong team bro. :-\

(Original post by Wilfred Little)
Brazil is a dump, anybody going should heed the warnings and advice.
Oh yeah, how many times you been?
Silver Arrows
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Uruguay are not a strong team bro. :-\

I wouldn't say they're world leaders, but neither are Belgium. And people are jizzing over them. They have roughly the same odds as England so yeah, they are quite a strong team.
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You don't necessarily need to go somewhere to know if it's a dump. If you are pissed, you stumble into the wrong area yes it is a dump. Stick to the designated areas for fans and it won't be.
Arturo Bandini
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I wouldn't say they're world leaders, but neither are Belgium. And people are jizzing over them. They have roughly the same odds as England so yeah, they are quite a strong team.
You realise they only qualified for the tournament through the playoffs right? If they do manage to make it out of the group (I'd say it'll be close between them and England) then I'd be really amazed if they made it past the quarters after that.
bigblacktinz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you stay away from the favelas

down near the beach

You will so many hot women.
Arturo Bandini
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You don't necessarily need to go somewhere to know if it's a dump.
Given you're on the other side of the world, you're probably not best informed though. It's not a dump.

If you are pissed, you stumble into the wrong area yes it is a dump. Stick to the designated areas for fans and it won't be.
This is the case in every country in the world. You're not gonna stumble out of the maracana and into a favela. It's like saying London is a dump cos somebody could accidentally walk into a tower block in newham after a game at Wembley. Makes no sense.
Silver Arrows
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You realise they only qualified for the tournament through the playoffs right? If they do manage to make it out of the group (I'd say it'll be close between them and England) then I'd be really amazed if they made it past the quarters after that.
Well it's a good job you're not putting money on them, isn't it?

I know it's an outside shout, hence the 25/1 odds. It's only £10.
username912610
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I just want to go there for the Brazilian women with their bums .
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Given you're on the other side of the world, you're probably not best informed though. It's not a dump.
FTR no I haven't been to Brazil but if it's anything like Belize ... I'm sure there are nice areas. From what I've seen, the worst areas there are far worse than the worst areas in England. Don't 40m of Brazilians live on about 2 quid a day?

This is the case in every country in the world. You're not gonna stumble out of the maracana and into a favela. It's like saying London is a dump cos somebody could accidentally walk into a tower block in newham after a game at Wembley. Makes no sense.
So no country in the world is a dump? You say they're not gonna stumble out of the Maracana and into a favela, it is not uncommon to see fans stumbling out of the San Siro and getting stabbed.
sr90
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
They qualified through the play offs in 2010 and reached the Semi's. What's your point?
Arturo Bandini
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
They qualified through the play offs in 2010 and reached the Semi's. What's your point?
That Uruguay are not a particularly strong team?

FTR no I haven't been to Brazil but if it's anything like Belize ... I'm sure there are nice areas. From what I've seen, the worst areas there are far worse than the worst areas in England. Don't 40m of Brazilians live on about 2 quid a day?

So no country in the world is a dump? You say they're not gonna stumble out of the Maracana and into a favela, it is not uncommon to see fans stumbling out of the San Siro and getting stabbed.
Some countries in the world are dumps, no doubt. Just Brazil ain't one of them
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Everyone knows Uruguay are weak. About from their attack, they're vanilla. Haven't you guys been watching Lugano at west brom?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by niceguy95)
If emenike and I.Uche stay fit, can see Nigeria reaching the Last 8. Providing, Musa and ideye don't play
Uche hasn't played in like forever. Keshi isn't picking him not unless something drastic happens.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aniaa
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Belgium wasnt strong until now. They totally smashed their qualification group.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (163)
22.3%
The paper was reasonable (348)
47.61%
Not feeling great about that exam... (136)
18.6%
It was TERRIBLE (84)
11.49%

Watched Threads