How many Detentions did you have in your school days? Watch

Autistic Merit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
She stole my artwork an screwed it up why are you ignoring that? It's not like I strolled in and said "**** you *****" is it? You don't automatically command respect. If you treat me badly I won't be polite to you
I'm not defending the teacher's actions. It does, however, need to be said that your actions were also unacceptable.
Ace16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Did you win the election hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tyrion_Lannister
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Autistic Merit)
I'm not defending the teacher's actions. It does, however, need to be said that your actions were also unacceptable.
But if someone does that, you're not going to be happy about it are you? Why should I get punished when it was her who instigated it? She had a vendetta against me for no reason and was always doing stuff like this. She kicked me at one point. So yeah I really disliked her
Autistic Merit
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
But if someone does that, you're not going to be happy about it are you? Why should I get punished when it was her who instigated it? She had a vendetta against me for no reason and was always doing stuff like this. She kicked me at one point. So yeah I really disliked her
Did you get her done for this?
Tyrion_Lannister
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Did you get her done for this?
No. She got away with it. She also made fun of me in front of the class for having anxiety and tried to stop me going to an appointment. I shouldn't have been rude to her but she really pissed me off..
Kvothe the Arcane
  • Study Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think I got detention once.
I was always getting into trouble tho'. Was quite the delinquent...
lauraaaaa
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
none...people never believe me though haha
2007PSanHa
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
None so far! I did have quite a few class detentions though! We were slow changing for PE and made snow out of our work in music! :/
Autistic Merit
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No. She got away with it. She also made fun of me in front of the class for having anxiety and tried to stop me going to an appointment. I shouldn't have been rude to her but she really pissed me off..
Sounds like a spineless school to me. She should've been sacked ten times over. I'm assuming you weren't the only student she picked on either.
Tyrion_Lannister
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sounds like a spineless school to me. She should've been sacked ten times over. I'm assuming you weren't the only student she picked on either.
No she was rude to everyone. My school was terrible, we had loads of bad goings on. Someone hit a teacher, we had people throwing chairs in classrooms and drug sniffer dogs were pretty normal. #BirminghamProblems :rofl:
The Egg Militia
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lots. Some for not bothering to do my homework, some for getting into fights. Changed my attitude when I left. I guess I hated the way the school was run/how I felt we were treated. I take well to discipline on the whole though, and once I was studying something I was actually interested in, I excelled. Hated every minute of school.
chocolatesilyk
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
None... mwahaha
Dr. Django
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Only did French for 3 years and probably had 35 o.O

Outside of French I think I've had one, and none since my 13 year old rebel days

...oh how I adored French
chocolatesauce
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got a detention for giving someone a high five, :confused:
BobLoblawLawBlog
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't know if this counts as a detention, but when I was in year 1 I had to stay after class for 5 minutes to finish the work I didn't finish in class.

I was such a rebel :cool:.
Moosferatu
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sounds like she needed it.

There's no room for people like that in the teaching profession. Bitter ****ers.
chocolatesauce
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
my R.S teacher gave me a 30sec detention, I don't know if that counts...
justmyself
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Never! I tried getting one as it was my to-do list of things before ending Year 11 but failed miserably.
I mean, I came in late every single day, I was so sure I'd get one. Ah, good times.
russellsteapot
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
None. My school was quite laid back really. I wasn't especially angelic, nor was I unpleasant, but you'd usually find the same very badly behaved kids in detention most weeks (ADD/ADHD hadn't been invented at this point), and everyone else was simply told not to do whatever they did again.

It usually worked. Detention was generally reserved for repeat offenders and idiots, but reading some of the posts on here it seems that some schools are a bit harsher than I was used to.
xDave-
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I got one in art for forgetting my book. I almost cried.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (405)
30.57%
The paper was reasonable (525)
39.62%
Not feeling great about that exam... (226)
17.06%
It was TERRIBLE (169)
12.75%

Watched Threads