Weird thing going on between me and a guy on my course Watch

überambitious_ox
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Tom78)
Bit of a sexist assumption. Alright then, your loss when he doesn't make a move and you're left wondering what could have been.
I guess it is, but in my mind, it's weird for the girl to say something first. I don't think I'll make it obvious, but I hope to bump into him or get introduced by someone else, perhaps at a social.

But yeah, I want it to happen soon.
voodoochild
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by überambitious_ox)
Aww thank you for your reply; I will try and 'grow some balls' haha; I just really wish he would start a conversation, but I bet he's too embarrassed now. Now I'd prefer it if we got introduced by someone, whether that be during lectures or at a social event or if we somehow bump into each other and then just get talking.
I have an ingenius solution for you. THIS IS TEH BEST ADVICE SO YOU BETTER GIVE ME REP

kays now. If i were a guy and a hot girl added me on FB on my course I would 100%!!!! send her a message.

so what you do is simple, you add him. Now a girl has done this to me before, and I asked her "do we know each other" and she said her friend was mucking around and started adding boys, you can say something similar.

DO IT
überambitious_ox
Rep:
?
(Original post by voodoochild)
I have an ingenius solution for you. THIS IS TEH BEST ADVICE SO YOU BETTER GIVE ME REP

kays now. If i were a guy and a hot girl added me on FB on my course I would 100%!!!! send her a message.

so what you do is simple, you add him. Now a girl has done this to me before, and I asked her "do we know each other" and she said her friend was mucking around and started adding boys, you can say something similar.

DO IT
Thanks for the suggestion, but I just feel that would be way to weird because we have been looking at each other...not like neither of us have noticed each other staring; if that was the case, then maybe the facebook thing would've worked.

What can I do??
voodoochild
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thanks for the suggestion, but I just feel that would be way to weird because we have been looking at each other...not like neither of us have noticed each other staring; if that was the case, then maybe the facebook thing would've worked.

What can I do??
do it anyway it shows ambition + confidence, we are attracted to strong-personality women, its why the hottest girl everyone wants isn't always the prettiest but the loudest and most confident, honestly add him or you will regret it for a long time because chances are He might think you're out of his league.

Men will never look at a girl he doesn't find attractive, men ignore women they don't find attractive, it's almost as if they are invisible to them.

Trust me, make this little first move and you will succeed, if you sit around waiting for it to happen it wont, if he doesn't approach immediately the longer time it takes the less likely he will approach, doesn't mean he doesn't like you. Approaching a girl is very scary and he may not think he has a chance, show him he's wrong
Moura
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
think you are reading WAY too much into this whole situation tbh...
Fashion Girl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What is wrong with you speaking to him because your a girl ? Your just speaking to him and you don't know if he is even interested in you. But friendship is good, pursue that! You wouldn't be thinking twice about speaking with a guy if you tht he's nice enough to be friends with, would you ? :yy:
Sazh
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm sorry, it can't be you because I am in first year and I went to an all girls' school aha.

I'd like to ask you, as a boy, why you stopped looking at her? Did you get too embarrassed?

Appreciate this. Thank you
Sorry about the late reply. But it was actually a mixture of feelings. Maybe it's anxiety. At times I thought she actually may have liked me (at times I even caught her looking at me), and at other times I thought maybe she thinks I'm a creep/weirdo - which are completely opposite of each other, in any case I can't really say why? but one thing is for sure I really did like her. Don't miss your chances like me, we'll never know whether we liked each other...
Treeroy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I really do genuinely like him
we have not spoken as yet
Uh-huh
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just admit to him that you want the D.
IceKidd
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
When he looked at me several times, I looked back each of those times; not just on a one-off.

Is that not enough of a message?
He probably thought u noticed him looking and that you thought he was a perv or he made you feel uncomfortable and that you kept looking back so that he would know youve noticed and you dont like it. Ur best bet is to start a convo with him.
überambitious_ox
Rep:
?
(Original post by Moura)
think you are reading WAY too much into this whole situation tbh...
Can you explain what you mean a bit more clearly please.
überambitious_ox
Rep:
?
(Original post by voodoochild)
do it anyway it shows ambition + confidence, we are attracted to strong-personality women, its why the hottest girl everyone wants isn't always the prettiest but the loudest and most confident, honestly add him or you will regret it for a long time because chances are He might think you're out of his league.

Men will never look at a girl he doesn't find attractive, men ignore women they don't find attractive, it's almost as if they are invisible to them.

Trust me, make this little first move and you will succeed, if you sit around waiting for it to happen it wont, if he doesn't approach immediately the longer time it takes the less likely he will approach, doesn't mean he doesn't like you. Approaching a girl is very scary and he may not think he has a chance, show him he's wrong
Thank you very much for your advice.

If I do decide to add him on fb, am I mean to send him a message or just leave it and await one from him?

I may try and talk to him in person soon though, by sitting near a computer near him or bumping into him by 'mistake'.
überambitious_ox
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fashion Girl)
What is wrong with you speaking to him because your a girl ? Your just speaking to him and you don't know if he is even interested in you. But friendship is good, pursue that! You wouldn't be thinking twice about speaking with a guy if you tht he's nice enough to be friends with, would you ? :yy:
That's true...I will try and talk to him without making anything obvious - so I will try and bump into or something like that. I really want to get to know him soon, I just need to build my confidence just because I do like him, whereas with guys I don't find attractive, I don't find them hard to talk to.
überambitious_ox
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sazh)
Sorry about the late reply. But it was actually a mixture of feelings. Maybe it's anxiety. At times I thought she actually may have liked me (at times I even caught her looking at me), and at other times I thought maybe she thinks I'm a creep/weirdo - which are completely opposite of each other, in any case I can't really say why? but one thing is for sure I really did like her. Don't miss your chances like me, we'll never know whether we liked each other...
No problem

Thank you for your reply

Okay, I will try and talk to him somehow, but subtly, so maybe by bumping into him, or talking about work and then getting to know each other from there.
skunkboy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
He's just like your sweet dreams that could never come true.

Posted from TSR Mobile
überambitious_ox
Rep:
?
(Original post by IceKidd)
He probably thought u noticed him looking and that you thought he was a perv or he made you feel uncomfortable and that you kept looking back so that he would know youve noticed and you dont like it. Ur best bet is to start a convo with him.
That makes sense actually...thank you for mentioning it.

Yeah, you and others have just said that I should talk to him; so I think I will, but I first of all need to build some confidence, and also I want it to be subtle, so I may try and bump into him or something, and then say sorry and we can get chatting from there.

Anonymous #3
Report 5 years ago
I'm kind of in the same situation: in the first lecture of a course I caught a guy looking at me. I used to look at him back as I found quite good-looking but nothing more. And I knew that unless he came to talk to me, nothing would happen.

I only see him during this one lecture in the week so I kind of got bored of this eye contact thing and stopped looking back at him.
But he didn't and yesterday he sat closer to me (before he used to sit on the left side of the room and I always sit on the right side).
I think that's all is going to happen though as I might not see him again next semester. I'm an exchange student so I'll have new courses and I'm pretty sure he won't be in those ones

But I hope your story doesn't stop to eye contact. I agree with all the others who have said you should make the first move. He's probably shy and I'm sure he'll appreciate it if you go talk to him first!
If you have a break during lectures, why not going up to him and ask him if he can help you with anything?

I wish you all the best!
Sazh
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No problem

Thank you for your reply

Okay, I will try and talk to him somehow, but subtly, so maybe by bumping into him, or talking about work and then getting to know each other from there.
Yeah, tbh if I was the guy, I would talk back to you. I'm normally shy around people I don't know, but once I get to know them I act normal.
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm kind of in the same situation: in the first lecture of a course I caught a guy looking at me. I used to look at him back as I found quite good-looking but nothing more. And I knew that unless he came to talk to me, nothing would happen.

I only see him during this one lecture in the week so I kind of got bored of this eye contact thing and stopped looking back at him.
But he didn't and yesterday he sat closer to me (before he used to sit on the left side of the room and I always sit on the right side).
I think that's all is going to happen though as I might not see him again next semester. I'm an exchange student so I'll have new courses and I'm pretty sure he won't be in those ones

But I hope your story doesn't stop to eye contact. I agree with all the others who have said you should make the first move. He's probably shy and I'm sure he'll appreciate it if you go talk to him first!
If you have a break during lectures, why not going up to him and ask him if he can help you with anything?

I wish you all the best!
Why don't you do the same...before it's too late? You don't wanna regret things, it actually worse I still think about girls I never approached but could have. It's only because of my past I try to be more confident now.
tt2308
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've got the same situation as yours. More unfortunately, we're from different department ... We're even not the same nationality and race
Moura
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Can you explain what you mean a bit more clearly please.
i think what i've said is quite clear, i don't think there is anything going on really. you just saw him looking at you a few times. it doesn't mean anything. then you say you "made it clear" you like him by looking back at him? it doesn't...

if you like the look of him, talk to him and get to know him.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
22.66%
The paper was reasonable (389)
46.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (156)
18.51%
It was TERRIBLE (107)
12.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed