Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Girls with thick hair are and look sooooo cool! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could but to be honest I am happy I got thick hair cos at least the chances of me going bald is very very small.

Only issue being I hate haircut and usually let it grow all over till I feel its time to do it.

ReputationRep:
    What the hell is thick/thin hair? What's the difference?

How you gonna take an hour to wash your hair???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alpha brah)
    His threads were basically (1) a pathetically obvious attempt to try to discredit feminism and other "equalist" movements by going on about "left-hand-ism" and (2) a pathetically obvious attempt to paint women as gold-diggers by saying that lefties earned more money, so women should prefer them.

It's always pathetically obvious if (and why ) guys hate women on here. :rofl:
    The vast majority of genuine posters don't "hate" women on here. I really hate it when users keep saying things like "Oh, it's so pathetic when guys hate women on here".
    Have you thought that perhaps male TSRians criticise posters not on the basis of their gender, but their post content? It's nothing to do with gender, so there's no point using it to explain such "hate". :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    His threads were basically (1) a pathetically obvious attempt to try to discredit feminism and other "equalist" movements by going on about "left-hand-ism" and (2) a pathetically obvious attempt to paint women as gold-diggers by saying that lefties earned more money, so women should prefer them.

It's always pathetically obvious if (and why ) guys hate women on here. :rofl:
    I love how people on here take everything out of proportion. Feminism? LOLOLOL. It's crazy how people keep reading too much into things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That_Pretty_Girl)
    I love how people on here take everything out of proportion. Feminism? LOLOLOL. It's crazy how people keep reading too much into things, especially women
    I was just thinking the same thing, wtf is she talking about :confused:

(Original post by TheReckless)
    The vast majority of genuine posters don't "hate" women on here. I really hate it when users keep saying things like "Oh, it's so pathetic when guys hate women on here".
    Have you thought that perhaps male TSRians criticise posters not on the basis of their gender, but their post content? It's nothing to do with gender, so there's no point using it to explain such "hate". :rolleyes:
    And this really

ReputationRep:
    Have you thought that perhaps male TSRians criticise posters not on the basis of their gender, but their post content?
    It's nothing to do with gender, so there's no point using it to explain such "hate". :rolleyes:
    You can't excuse everything by saying "it was just meant to be humour!" or "it's satire!"

If it's satire, it's **** satire.

If it's just humour: http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Sexist_humor

You can try to discount it by saying "they're just trolling," but actually some people do genuinely hold attitudes like that. What makes you so eager to leap to his defence and try to bypass his sexist **** by painting it as "trolling"?

Regarding the part in bold: you can't deny the rampant misogyny that goes on on here, "trolling" or no. I'll call out sexist people IRL if I see them. I'll also call out sexist people on here if I see them. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You can't excuse everything by saying "it was just meant to be humour!" or "it's satire!"

You can try to discount it by saying "they're just trolling," but actually some people do genuinely hold attitudes like that. What makes you so eager to leap to his defence and try to bypass his sexist **** by painting it as "trolling"?

Regarding the part in bold: you can't deny the rampant misogyny that goes on on here, "trolling" or no.
    Agreed. Out of rep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    I hate washing it. Luckily mine doesn't need to be washed every day, but I'd be so pissed off if it did. It takes ages, and air drying takes the piss
    I think most hair dont need to get washed every day. Why won't you blowdry your hair or wrap a towel around it.

ReputationRep:

Regarding the part in bold: you can't deny the rampant misogyny that goes on on here, "trolling" or no.
    Point out where I said it was "humour". Did I say I find such obviously troll-like attempts to degrade women funny? Of course not. But I acknowledge the fact that they are troll comments, created just for to gain a reaction.
    If you took the time to read my post, you would have noticed that the part of my response in which I openly stated that there are genuinely misogynistic posters here. However, THEY ARE THE MINORITY. They certainly don't represent TSR as a whole.
    In no way should TSR be regarded as a "misogynistic" site. Anyone who claims so is being melodramatic and clearly refuses to see past the chance that their post content might just be crap.

With all due respect, Alpha - this is the internet. You should know that actively debunking his posts is a complete waste of time, as he is clearly looking for a reaction. Kindly try not to jump to the assumption that I was "eager" to defend him; when I saw his content, I shrugged it off, knowing it was someone aiming for attention (which I certainly wouldn't give to him). But when I saw your post, it seemed hilarious that you were trying to use this one troll as a basis that TSR in itself is misogynistic.

As for the bit in bold: don't be so ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kreme)
    I think most hair dont need to get washed every day. Why won't you blowdry your hair or wrap a towel around it.
    I do wrap it in a towel, I don't like to heat damage it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaback21)
    I wish I could but to be honest I am happy I got thick hair cos at least the chances of me going bald is very very small.

Only issue being I hate haircut and usually let it grow all over till I feel its time to do it.
    Actually the chances of going bald does not depend on hair type, but genetics.

ReputationRep:
    I do wrap it in a towel, I don't like to heat damage it
    Oh. Okay. I usually just blow dry it on a low heat setting.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you feel the need to consistently personally insult people simply because they don't agree with you? This is a genuine question, by the way, as I recall you insulting many of your so called "haters" months ago.
    It's not because they don't agree with me, it's because their attitudes are horrible. I don't mind people disagreeing, but several posters on here regularly post very offensive rubbish, and it's annoying

(Original post by Kreme)
    Oh. Okay. I usually just blow dry it on a low heat setting.
    Yeah sometimes I do that, I just don't like to

ReputationRep:
    Thick hair is hard to look after, mine's annoying

ALSO to the idiot who said my hairs not thick. My hair, after straightening, when it was longer...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Holy crap you need to get out more - you're really pale :eek:

ReputationRep:
    My hair is incredibly thick. Straightening it is nigh on impossible without straightening mousse and hope, so I mostly wash it and leave it to dry naturally. I have to wash and condition it every two days, any longer and I look like a caveman.

Name:  hair.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  34.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoking)
    Holy crap you need to get out more - you're really pale :eek:
    It's in black and white...

ReputationRep:
    It's not because they don't agree with me, it's because their attitudes are horrible. I don't mind people disagreeing, but several posters on here regularly post very offensive rubbish, and it's annoying
    So one user was offensive and horrible because he simply pointed out that your hair didn't seem thick, and you launched an attack on him calling him all sorts of names as a way of dealing with it?
    Even if he was offensive - I still don't see how it's necessary to call him a complete and utter cretin, and then generalise to all of your "haters" (who we all know are just people who consistently disagree with you and hence don't get along with you) by calling them all "turbovirgins".
    That's just childish, Tyrion, and unnecessary, as no-one said anything offensive to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spiral87)
    My hair is incredibly thick. Straightening it is nigh on impossible without straightening mouse and hope, so I mostly wash it and leave it to dry naturally. I have to wash and condition it every two days, any longer and I look like a caveman.

Name:  hair.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  34.5 KB
    You have incredibly thick hair! It's lovely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedArrow)
    Her hair was soo thick I couldn't see even the TINEST bit of her scalp!! She was awesome in every way!! But THAT HAIR was like woaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

And to top it all off she was wearing a Minnie Mouse t-shirt!! Breathtaking and MOST awesome!

PS: She was taller than me (I'm like 172-174cm) and she had well developed breasts so she was not a little kid =p

question: why are girls with thick hair a rarity?
    What do you mean by 'thick' hair? As in lots of hair; puffy or each hair is thicker than most? :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    So one user was offensive and horrible because he simply pointed out that your hair didn't seem thick, and you launched an attack on him calling him all sorts of names as a way of dealing with it?
    Even if he was offensive - I still don't see how it's necessary to call him a complete and utter cretin, and then generalise to all of your "haters" (who we all know are just people who consistently disagree with you and hence don't get along with you) by calling them all "turbovirgins".
    That's just childish, Tyrion.
    He said it to incite an argument. For no reason. Why need to comment that? I get very annoyed when people lie and spread misinformation about me.

Also, there are several people who agree with me an can vouch these people have done more than just "disagree" with me, most of them have horrible world views. 2ndClass, for instance, who thinks people with depression are lazy and should just get over it.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.