Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Britain's youngest parents Watch

ReputationRep:
    How did they not notice the daughter's pregnancy??

ReputationRep:
    I blame sex education in primary schools. If they didn't know about it, they wouldn't be in this situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ripper-Roo)
    Too young and too much responsibility at that age. Not saying they can't be good parents, but why would you want to sign your life over so soon?

Good luck to them though
    And they won't. At least, not until they are 18.

At 13-14, you know absolutely nothing about life. They are still kids. So, I doubt they even know how to raise a child (I'm pretty sure their parents will do all the job until they both grow up!)

I feel sorry for their parents! (They should be ashamed!!!) How could they let their children have sex at such a young age! I'm very shocked to be honest. You are supposed to educate your children and look after them!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    This doesn't shock me to be honest, a girl from my primary school lost her virginity when she was twelve and has had nine abortions since, and she's 17 now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I found it shocking at first, and then when I read that she conceived the child whilst at primary school I was disgusted, and my heart just absolutely broke for her. I started thinking about the types of things I did when I was in Y6 - playing out on my roller blades, getting sweets from the shop, begging to my friend to let me come to her grandma's with her because her dog had puppies - and I can't imagine ever even having been anywhere near a boy at that age, let alone having a boyfriend, and certainly I couldn't imagine having sex with him.

Obviously the girl was sexually mature and must have been ovulating, but there's no way her body could have been developed properly in primary school, it's just disgusting and I can't get my head around it.

You have people on this forum slating others, even the older members, for having babies - and yet a girl who's too young to even BE on this forum has a baby. No, no, no, no, no.

ReputationRep:
    What I find unfair is that there's plenty of women who are perfectly able to take care for a child but cannot have one due to nature.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I didnt even know what sex was when i was in year 6

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Most of the time I have read about young mothers, though not as young as this, one thing I notice is the age of the mother's parents. It seems that young mums often have daughters who become young mums themselves. There is also a link it seems between low income and young parenthood- is it that children in better off families have activities to take part in that mean the chance of them being alone to have sex is less?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mojojojo101)
    Surely no more ruined than it would have been by them having another child of their own?

My point remains though, you either realise that what's done is done and deal with it as a family, or engineer an environment of resentment and hatred that really could ruin 3 generations lives.
    His child, his decision, his life

His daughter's child, his daughter's decision, his life

see the difference?

I don't know what is wrong with people, it's like they just allow stupid selfish behaviour in others

ReputationRep:
    It's sad, extremely sad. They are way too young to be having sex in the first place, when I was 11 I barely understood what sex was, kissing someone was such a big deal let alone actually having sex with them. I can't imagine becoming a mum before I've even become a teenager. But it's happened now, there's nothing anyone can do but move on, it's good that their parents are supporting them and I wish them luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Genocidal)
    Why is there not a law against this?

That kid should be taken by social services and put into adoption. Those people are not parents they're children.
    Because the guy and the girl were both underage. If the girl was 12 and the guy was 16, that'd be a different matter and the police and social services will get involved on grounds of assault.

However, the law says the age of consent is 16, so surely something should be done about the fact that they are having underage sex?

ReputationRep:
    Rubbish parents. Seriously, learn to have kids properly, or don't have kids in the bloody first place.*

*Talking about the 12/13 year olds' parents, not the children themselves.

ReputationRep:
    LIke some poster said, Children having children. I didn't even know about babies or anything like that at that age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Most of the time I have read about young mothers, though not as young as this, one thing I notice is the age of the mother's parents. It seems that young mums often have daughters who become young mums themselves. There is also a link it seems between low income and young parenthood- is it that children in better off families have activities to take part in that mean the chance of them being alone to have sex is less?
    Probably because young mothers tend to be bad ones (not all the time though). How can a 14/15 year old have a child and teach it all about life, morals, responsibilities etc, when they've barely begun living their life themselves? They are far too immature to have children. The next generation become young mums because they don't care - they have no sort of deterrent in forms of punishment from parents (if that was me, my parents would hit the roof!) because they can just say "you were pregnant with me when you was my age, so you can't get mad"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think 10 is the right age to have children. 12 and above is a bit too old. I mean it's best to have a baby before my body starts growing up because I don't want it to have down syndrome.

ReputationRep:
    When I was twelve I was worrying about whether I would get a new bike for Christmas not sex!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MidnightDream)
    If that was me my parents would have put me on the first plane to Ghana

they're so young but at least they'll be supported I wish them luck
    Nigeria for me

ReputationRep:
    Children having children

ReputationRep:
    Haha at that age I didn't even know how sex worked, only a couple of months ago that i clicked on a video by mistake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    No, but, then again, they shouldn't be twelve years old, either.

A child can be a burden. I'm not saying the parents shouldn't support their children. My point is that there aren't any big responsibilities because they're children. They won't actually be taking on any responsibilities (if their parents are to any degree responsible, that is, though I suppose the fact that their kids are parents at that age probably suggests otherwise).
    The child bearing, balance between school and looking after their child etc.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.