Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

What does getting a tattoo feel like? Watch

• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Em_Huong)
    Yes, I think its the anticipation more than anything >.< I'm still not sure, going to keep using temp tats for now and see how I feel about it after a few weeks or so.

Its weird because I never liked tattoos before, but slowly since a couple of weeks ago, I now want one =/
    What design are you thinking? I was never a fan of temp tattoos and most people who know me are suprised that I have one That said, my younger brother decided that getting on of his best friends DOB in roman numerials would be a brilliant idea :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slowbro93)
    What design are you thinking? I was never a fan of temp tattoos and most people who know me are suprised that I have one That said, my younger brother decided that getting on of his best friends DOB in roman numerials would be a brilliant idea :facepalm2:
    I am surprised that you have one
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potiron)
    I am surprised that you have one
    :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slowbro93)

An infinity x infinity symbol, kinda cliche but I really like how it looks, and the meaning is just beaut :bigsmile:

haha that's kinda sweet in a way. They must have been best buds from a young age? Or he has a really bad memory and needs it as a reminder? :ahee:

What design do you have? And what are you planning on getting soon?

I don't think I want something where people can be like "ooh what does that mean, what's it for" I'd be fed up answering all the time and that kind of attention

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethxoxo21)
    How does a tattoo feel I have been booked in on Friday at 6 pm and never had a tattoo before and want to know what it feels like on my soulder
    Did you get it?

I don't agree with people saying that it feels like a blade going through your skin - it felt nothing like that to me.

The needle moves in and out of the gun rapidly so it's not being dragged all the way through your skin as such - it enters and exists rapidly. It vibrates on your skin - it feels like when you lean your hands on a washing machine on full spin - numbing - but on whatever body part you're having tattooed. Along with that, there is a feeling of pressure as the tattoo artist presses down on your skin and there's a bearable pain which is constant that I'd describe as similar to pinching a 2 millimeters wide piece of skin (i.e a tiny but strong pinch) firmly with your index finger and thumb.

So maybe if you pinched a bit of skin on your arm, whilst pushing in to the arm and putting the area against a washing machine on full spin you'll replicate the sensation of getting a tattoo pretty accurately. Personally, the rate of the needle creating a vibration on the skin numbs the pain - if the needle was stationary and just dragging through the skin it'd be a different story.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2015
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.