Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

USA how many people wanna go there Watch

ReputationRep:
    Visit for a holiday or shopping spree then yes, if you are asking if I'd like to live there permanently then the answer is absolutely not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shopoholic)
    Meee. I wanna live in NYC :ahee:
    Omg same here

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannabika)
    What do u think about America especially New York City cool or what?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I stayed in NYC over July and August last year. The rooftop bars are alright. I stayed in Times Square - there's so much food to be had - especially at Chipotlé. Free wifi isn't really available apart from in Starbucks. Unlike in London they have rent control. Their buildings are alot taller. People are slightly chubbier. The nightlife is a bit more rigid. Driving is easier (I drove a Kia through Manhattan and back from Montauk on Long Island through Times Square at midnight with no problems) compared to London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    I stayed in NYC over July and August last year. The rooftop bars are alright. I stayed in Times Square - there's so much food to be had - especially at Chipotlé. Free wifi isn't really available apart from in Starbucks. Unlike in London they have rent control. Their buildings are alot taller. People are slightly chubbier. The nightlife is a bit more rigid. Driving is easier (I drove a Kia through Manhattan and back from Montauk on Long Island through Times Square at midnight with no problems) compared to London.
    Aww wow
    Did u enjoy staying there
    Lots thing are different in New York but there is something amazing about that makes me happy
    Lool it z cool place in my opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aww wow
    Did u enjoy staying there
    Lots thing are different in New York but there is something amazing about that makes me happy
    Lool it z cool place in my opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I stayed on the 35th floor of a 5-star hotel in Times Square which was paid for by my company, so it's not really representative of what it would be like if I was covering the expenses myself as a tourist. On a good day the view from the Rockefeller Centre or top of the Empire State building is fantastic, especially at sunset.

The volume (rather than quality) of the food was great, as was the ease of driving. By contrast cycling is a bit of a nightmare apart from on the west side (12th/13th Avenue) Their metro is far less crowded than London's. That said, not many people actually live in Manhattan unless they are very rich (e.g. the Upper East Side is now populated exclusively by the families of investment bankers, private medical practitioners, a few lawyers and dentists). There is not the concept of social housing as there is in London so most people actually commute in from nearby neighbourhoods like the Bronx, Astoria, Queens, Brooklyn, Harlem, Jersey City, Hoboken etc.

ReputationRep:
    You have to look at it from a citizen perspective and a tourist perspective!

Nevertheless, I want to road-trip around the whole country in 4 to 6 weeks!

Check out the route I'd take :

Roadtrip Route

ReputationRep:
    Damn that z long but I'm sure it would be a fantastic road trip tho

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm from the US. Just noticed this was a UK forum.

ReputationRep:
    Go to Chicago and repeat that.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone come to Boston so we can be friends

ReputationRep:
    What do u think about America especially New York City cool or what?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think it is a country to which I and the world owes eternal gratitude. I would absolutely love to go there some time in my life.

Although I'd probably avoid Alabama and Arkansas.

ReputationRep:
    I wanna go to LA and stalk all the move stars
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I've lived in both the UK and the US and I think the US is a hell of a lot better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I've lived in both the UK and the US and I think the US is a hell of a lot better.
    Finally someone who has experienced both
    I'm soo looking forward going to USA soon
    Especially New York City <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Finally someone who has experienced both
    I'm soo looking forward going to USA soon
    Especially New York City <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm actually not a huge fan of NYC, it's a bit too busy and unfriendly for me. Not to mention the cost of housing. :eek: It's definitely a must-see place however.

I live in a small college town and it's great I really love it here. There's loads of really tasty food places at a fraction of the price similar food would cost in Britain, not to mention free soda refills! The housing is also extremely affordable. There's a good, cheap transit system.The weather is hot in the summer and cold in the winter which I like (rather than rain all year round ). The best thing though is the fact I no longer have to deal with the ****ty NHS! I have a long-term illness and the care I receive in the US blows the NHS out of the water completely, not to mention it's free.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamez870)
    Fair enough, you never know you could like it?
    In regards of traveling, I'd prefer to go somewhere else, like Japan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrewruss)
    You have to look at it from a citizen perspective and a tourist perspective!

Nevertheless, I want to road-trip around the whole country in 4 to 6 weeks!

Check out the route I'd take :

Roadtrip Route
    Id recommend that you change your route from SF to LA, you should go down the pacific coast highway it's amazing. It takes longer but it's worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Been Florida already. Its great as a little holiday but I'd rather live/stay in the UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisntbobk)
    Been Florida already. Its great as a little holiday but I'd rather live/stay in the UK
    Florida probably isn't a true representative of life in the us

I couldn't live in the US. I mean British people are stupid at times, but my god their government and their TV is on a whole other level of stupid. It's like every birthing facility has to have a mandatory dose of nuclear radiation before any babies can be born.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.