Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

How do you enjoy yourself at a nightclub? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Old_Simon)
    If you half a brain clubbing is a complete waste of time and a very anti social activity.
    I appreciate that some people don't enjoy clubbing and find the societal pressure to do it a little annoying, but on behalf of the majority of people who enjoy clubbing who are not any of the negative stereotypes, please don't say I have no brain and am anti-social without having ever met me. Yes, there are snobbish girls and idiots and sex predators and obnoxious 'lad bible' types who go around starting fights, but no more than in the rest of life. Most people just like music and getting drunk, there's really nothing wrong with it as long as you know your limits.

ReputationRep:
    It is an expensive waste of time for the most part. It can be fun though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwertyking)
    It is an expensive waste of time for the most part. It can be fun though.
    this basically^ and it can be either terrible or amazing, it depends on the night :lol: it's a bit of a gamble (in my opinion)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJMJ)
    Hi,

I've only been a few times and they weren't the best. But my friends love going and I want to enjoy it but I feel like I'm doing something wrong... What is your normal routine when you hit up a club?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What I usually do is I have a deal with a (female) friend, and we go in separately...I make a big show of buying drinks for a FEW (5-6) girls, including her... she starts sucking me off in the club---and sometimes I get lucky because at least one of the other girls has an exhibitionistic streak.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bulbasaur)
    You're joking.

Seriously, people like it? O.o
    Are you not aware that there's lots of different clubs to suit different music tastes? I've been to alternative clubs where they play rock and indie.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJMJ)
    Hi,

I've only been a few times and they weren't the best. But my friends love going and I want to enjoy it but I feel like I'm doing something wrong... What is your normal routine when you hit up a club?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Grab a few drinks, head onto the dance floor in front of the DJ Booth (5-6 rows from front in the middle - not too close) and start raving and dancing

I try and avoid drinking too much in case an amazing tune comes on and you need to fight through the crowd to get out and to the toilet and then fight back in to get to your spot where your mates are!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Copperknickers)
    I appreciate that some people don't enjoy clubbing and find the societal pressure to do it a little annoying, but on behalf of the majority of people who enjoy clubbing who are not any of the negative stereotypes, please don't say I have no brain and am anti-social without having ever met me. Yes, there are snobbish girls and idiots and sex predators and obnoxious 'lad bible' types who go around starting fights, but no more than in the rest of life. Most people just like music and getting drunk, there's really nothing wrong with it as long as you know your limits.
    You give yourself away. You think "getting drunk" (incidentally at ridiculous prices), in the company of young women who generally are not interested in you is fun ? or worthwhile? with music too loud to converse ? Ok dude have at it.

ReputationRep:
    You give yourself away. You think "getting drunk" (incidentally at ridiculous prices), in the company of young women who generally are not interested in you is fun ? or worthwhile? with music too loud to converse ? Ok dude have at it.
    1. What do you mean ridiculous prices? Ridiculously cheap, or ridiculously expensive?

2. Not everyone goes to clubs to get girls, some just like dancing and the music.

3. Worthwhile? Its no less worthwhile than playing computer games or doing sports or any other activity that you do with your friends.

4. Have you ever been drunk? Why do you think so many people drink? Its a drug, it releases your inhibitions and makes you feel good. In large doses, it causes vomiting and blackouts and fights, but in small doses its perfectly safe and enjoyable.

5. You don't need to converse, its a club not a coffee shop.

ReputationRep:

You got problems bro. Shutting people down for a perfectly reasonable response brah with aggressiveness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruffiio)
    You got problems bro. Shutting people down for a perfectly reasonable response brah with aggressiveness.
    I do not have nearly as many problems as young people who think getting drunk in a public place at vast financial cost is fun. Incidentally the kidney takes years to get up to full development enough to cope with even moderate amounts of alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    Going with a large group of friends is hilarious. I don't know how I wouldn't enjoy myself, just drink and dance and joke around it's not hard

ReputationRep:
    Clubs are fun, I always feel like "ugh cba" on the day were going, but once pre-drinks arrive and I'm tipsy, I can't wait. It's fun for me, banter, music, dance etc

ReputationRep:
    I get so bored with going to regular nights out now. Rather go to see some live music or stand up or just go to a pub/bar instead!

ReputationRep:
    Meh, I want to go out to a club but everyone has went home for Easter and I've been stuck at home for the past week.

(Original post by The_Super_Nerd(:)
    I get so bored with going to regular nights out now. Rather go to see some live music or stand up or just go to a pub/bar instead!
    Getting old, S :p:

I had a really good evening just sat at a bar last Saturday, one pint I had. It was the company that was important - it's nice being able to cuddle up without getting funny looks. I normally don't go in nightclubs because of how boring I find them; I'll sometimes go in if someone else is paying on the door though, because they want me there. Bet that sounds selfish, ha!

ReputationRep:
    I barely drink at all so I find it very difficult to enjoy nightclubs. I'd much rather go to the pub where I can actually sit down and talk to my friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruffiio)
    I'm just as old as Old Simon, but with only a fraction of the social responsibility and self-respect.

ReputationRep:
    I just sit in the corner on my own and play QuizUp #7% #misc

ReputationRep:
    Being pissed helps.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.