Why are gay guys so hot? Watch

Rosie786
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Asariond)
You do that amongst your friends, you know them, they know you, it's a laugh, it's fine. But to put that out in public is to further a dangerous stereotype which isn't praising gay men, but giving them an unnecessary standard to adhere to, which many gay people simply can't because they aren't conventionally attractive. Stereotypes are always bad, even if they are innocuous.
The only time I've heard someone say 'straight people are attractive' are gay men saying it ironically because straight men won't be interested in them. You know, because most people recognise there is a diaspora of levels of attractiveness in people that is not affected by sexual orientation except
I would say the same to you.
"I don't know why I am being ganged up on. It was a very innocent question without making anyone feel superior or inferior."
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rosie786)
I don't know why I am being ganged up on. It was a very innocent question without making anyone feel superior or inferior.
Because some people take things too literally instead of trying to understand the actual question. But that's the internet for you.

[[EDIT: Plus some people are a little too quick to comment before thinking a little longer about what point they're trying to make]]
Rosie786
Rep:
?
(Original post by 2710)
I think you are going a little overboard. Even though OP did generalise, it was a positive and flattering generalisation. I really doubt that an 'ugly' gay would be deeply damaged by this post. It was just a light hearted, innocent post based on OPs experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Someone who understands. :/ And I really apologise if it made someone feel bad.
Rosie786
Rep:
?
I suppose you're right, and I do get carried away. I think I've been told that I need to go shopping with someone sometime or be someone's GBF enough times to make me too sensitive to this sort of thing. I still completely don't agree with it, but if I've gone too far, my apologies, OP.
You don't need to be anyone's GBF.
Rosie786
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ruthless Dutchman)
Because some people take things too literally instead of trying to understand the actual question. But that's the internet for you.

[[EDIT: Plus some people are a little too quick to comment before thinking a little longer about what point they're trying to make]]
Yh I guess so.
Rainbow Student
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am talking about the ones that you cannot really tell if they are gay or not. I had the hugest crush on this guy in my class until he told me he is gay but now we are friends but still
Because we're beautiful dynamite. :sexface: And it proves that God doesn't hate ****. :lol:

Jk, in all seriousness, I have no clue. Not all of them are, (not that you said that, just saying), but it might just be that a lot tend to know about beautycare. I don't know.

Spoiler:
Show
By we I don't include myself, I'm actually pansexual lol. Oh and 4 some reason unbeknowst to me, I like those really hot guys that "look" really "feminine" and gay, yaknow, blonde, blue eyes, well-done make up etc. Damn cute. :fan: Damn straight I'm not straight. But personality matters more. Just saying.
lucas13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
they probably have more feminine traits
Aivicore
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
didn't say they were magical. just some that I have encountered. and if I meant all of them then I would have specified by saying 'Why all gay guys are hot' -_-
If you're not saying they're all hot, what's the point in specifying that the demographic is gay men at all? It's the same as if I said "Why are Asian women ugly?" i.e. An unnecessary generalisation based on one or two individuals I have encountered in my life, despite evidence to the contrary being available to me. There is no need to attribute the adjective to that group just because they fall within it.

What are you expecting people to say in this thread that won't just be shameless stereotyping?

If you have an opinion that will not be changed by reason and evidence to the contrary then you are a fanatic. To be a fanatic about something as trivial about this is idiotic.

I am 'defensive' because I object to being fetishised by someone because of my sexuality. I am 'defensive' because I object to the stereotype that all gay guys are good-looking, because it damages the self-esteem of many average-looking gays who think they will never be good enough. I am 'defensive' because people who learn I'm gay stop thinking of me as a person who loves history, philosophy, literature, and art, and they just think 'oh look well-proportioned piece of meat to go shopping with and ogle at.'
+ Rep for this. You said exactly what I didn't have the energy to explain properly in my first post.
Rosie786
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aivicore)
If you're not saying they're all hot, what's the point in specifying that the demographic is gay men at all? It's the same as if I said "Why are Asian women ugly?" i.e. An unnecessary generalisation based on one or two individuals I have encountered in my life, despite evidence to the contrary being available to me. There is no need to attribute the adjective to that group just because they fall within it.

What are you expecting people to say in this thread that won't just be shameless stereotyping?
Ok lets say for a second I am generalising. It is not negative. rather its positive and upbeat for gay men. and I am tired of re-explaining myself. I stated what I experienced and I stand by it because it was not to make someone feel bad.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aivicore)

The entire argument about her generalising is due to people taking her question word for word. She's noticed that a large percentage of the guys she meets and finds attractive turn out to be gay, and she's wondering why that is.

To argue the wording of her question is a little picky I think, yes it could have been put a bit better but she's managed to explain it in later replies.
Ndella
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Because they take good care of themselves
bertstare
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Even though it's anectodal I'm sure everyone notices that gay guys are more likely to be attractive, compared to their average fat bull dyke lesbian counterparts. Why that is I'm not sure
Maid Marian
Report 4 years ago
:dontknow:
Rainbow Student
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Maid Marian)
:dontknow:
You're back! Not that you'll know me. Lol hi :hello:
Maid Marian
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rainbow Student)
You're back! Not that you'll know me. Lol hi :hello:
Hey :wavey:
The Champion.m4a
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Because you can't have them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1608)
79.13%
Leave (424)
20.87%

Watched Threads