Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel French GCSE Listening and Reading 2014 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone posting the answers to these? Like an unofficial mark scheme..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gcselong)
    I put he doesn't smoke but it said he did smoke once because his friends did so i put that he was influenced by his friends
    I put this as well! Also I put that he works hard at school but I can't remember about the others for that question.

I found the question about the girl who went to Germany hard? and also the clement marcel question was difficult

ReputationRep:
    On the question where she lost the moblie phone, I know she said it was not expensive but did she say ni ni for te next bit (nither expensive or new) she kept on saying about she liked it alot, so would that mean it had sentimental value ??? what do you all think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jord55)
    On the question where she lost the moblie phone, I know she said it was not expensive but did she say ni ni for te next bit (nither expensive or new) she kept on saying about she liked it alot, so would that mean it had sentimental value ??? what do you all think
    I was confused on that question too, I just put that it was new

ReputationRep:
    i came out of the exam thinking that the listening was so much easier than the reading but looking at everyones answers on here i probably got more wrong on the listening than i thought /cries /extensively prays that the grade boundaries will be low

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jord55)
    The answer was it was new. There was the possibility of the "sentimental value" approach, but other than saying she liked the phone, there was no further justification. On the other hand, it would be somewhat difficult to argue against "mon portable etait nouveau".
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Thread locked until 4.30am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heryeol)
    i came out of the exam thinking that the listening was so much easier than the reading but looking at everyones answers on here i probably got more wrong on the listening than i thought /cries /extensively prays that the grade boundaries will be low
    I completely agree with you in all honesty :/ the listening comparably was much easier and the reading I just didn't even have the time to go over and check again and again because it was so hard :/

ReputationRep:
    Omg i did this too yestereday...was the hardest french exams ( especially listening) i've ever done lol.

And btw guys, what did people put for the marcilla and clement question where it asked you what her problem was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hafsa998)
    I said he's doing well in school, does not smoke, is not worried about his future and gets on well with his family.
    Hmm i didn't put 'he does not smoke' because he said that he does smoke, but he's trying to cut down/quit. I did however put he ; he's worried about the future, doing well in school, gets on with his family, and is influenced by his friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dann.It)
    Omg i did this too yestereday...was the hardest french exams ( especially listening) i've ever done lol.

And btw guys, what did people put for the marcilla and clement question where it asked you what her problem was?
    If most people found it hard, Edexcel will lower the grade boundaries; probably 29-31/40 for an A*. Did you find it hard than the other past papers you did?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAIYEKO)
    If most people found it hard, Edexcel will lower the grade boundaries; probably 29-31/40 for an A*. Did you find it hard than the other past papers you did?
    Yes, i certainly did, plus on the past paper ( 2013 ) i had a mock on that paper and managed to drop 37 on listening and 35 on reading. (Never had less that 30 marks on each paper , since i used to speak french before moving to the UK xD)

Btw could anyone give me a rough guess at what my final grade may be if on all 4 of my french coursework i received a C and on the exams i achieve lets say an A?
    'Cause my coursework grade is terrible at the moment ( C) since i'm not fond of coursework, so i'm not really good at them. And so i was thinking on how much it would drag my final grade down due to coursework making up 60% of final grade and Exams 40% .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dann.It)
    Yes, i certainly did, plus on the past paper ( 2013 ) i had a mock on that paper and managed to drop 37 on listening and 35 on reading. (Never had less that 30 marks on each paper , since i used to speak french before moving to the UK xD)

Btw could anyone give me a rough guess at what my final grade may be if on all 4 of my french coursework i received a C and on the exams i achieve lets say an A?
    'Cause my coursework grade is terrible at the moment ( C) since i'm not fond of coursework, so i'm not really good at them. And so i was thinking on how much it would drag my final grade down due to coursework making up 60% of final grade and Exams 40% .
    Yeah coursework is worth more so if you got an A in exams, you should overall got an C/low B.

ReputationRep:
    how could you guys find the french hard? It was so easy, I could have got 100% even with my eyes closed. You guys LOSE. I WIN hahhaha

ReputationRep:
    but french was zoo easy tho. I could have got 100% with my eyes closed, u lose. I win, victory to me ahahhaha

P.S. Aiming for those 10A*s hahahh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A* mandem)
    but french was zoo easy tho. I could have got 100% with my eyes closed, u lose. I win, victory to me ahahhaha

P.S. Aiming for those 10A*s hahahh
    What's the meaning of 'wesh ma gueule ' in french?

ReputationRep:
    you can find out yourself hahhhaa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A* mandem)
    you can find out yourself hahhhaa
    LOOL sorry but people like you can leave :")

ReputationRep:
    For me the reading was fairly challenging however previous practice meant that it was doable, however I too struggled with the listening due to how it was difficult to understand what was being stated. Who else struggled on the solar panel question? ICT tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    i guessed it all.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.