Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    jus got back frm holiday so I missed all the celebration!

I got in for music and I'm in Reid (hello Reid crew!) it's odd how many TSR ppl are in Reid...c'est strange non? some of you could be my neighbours!

I'm not gona have a computer for uni so it doesn't matter that I have have a gd internet connection...oh well I can't feel sorry for myself...I'm still too happy bout getting in

ReputationRep:
    hehe!

ah im getting excited now!! which is tres bizarre because i havent felt anything about going to uni..i did last year when i got my place, but for a while it's felt like an anti climax and im like ah whatever! but now im excited so it's all good!

Now all I need to do is find some classics/ancient history people! Where are they hiding?!

ReputationRep:
    It is a bit odd knowing I may have to move out for the first time and make contact with you weirdos in only a month

ReputationRep:
    ah be shush you! :P

Never thought I'd say this, but I'm gonna miss my job and the people I work with.. hope they take me back during xmas and summer hols

ReputationRep:
    It's so weird that this is all actually happening after all the wishing and hoping and working etc...and I've jus realised I have no time to pack and buy stuff before I move out :O

I don't think the leaving everyone behind is really gona hit home until all the kids go bak to school and I won't be one of them! Tis odd...

ReputationRep:
    I bought myself a nice big bottle of bathroom cleaner today, I guess its 1 item off the checklist! Its the kind of thing where one day you will be thinking "Yeah, got ages left" and then you realise that you have 24 hours to buy loads of stuff and pack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schnim)
    I don't think the leaving everyone behind is really gona hit home until all the kids go bak to school and I won't be one of them! Tis odd...
    Yeah, I know! I had to go into my college yesterday because my old English teacher wanted me and some friends to talk to her new A2 Lit class about the course and things (second year go back ridiculously early at my college!) and it was so weird being there and seeing everyone there like I had been for two years, only I wasn't a student there anymore! It was so odd!

I've started buying things, but I still have a lot left to do! Had a trip to Ikea last week and bought looooooads. (Including a mini ironing board which I thought was really cool, only it turns out I won't actually be able to find an iron I can plug in because of the stupid wattage thing!)

ReputationRep:
    god, you're going to do ironing?! eeks!

ReputationRep:
    I think everybody should embrace the scruffy student look, personally :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Well, maybe a little bit, hahaha!

ReputationRep:
    I personally hav bin waiting ages to embrace the scruffy student look...the best thing about going to uni really!

i did just go to my grannys and raid her linen and plates and anything else I could get my hands on (obv with permission) i have only a few days to get everythin ready thanks to orchestra courses and last gdbye hols and general going, seeing, doing eep! oh well the chuck anything you can see into the suitcase method it is then

ReputationRep:
    My grandparents bought over a box of 40 mugs that they found in their new house, the box was sealed and everything was new...I don't know what to make of this, do they think that I'm a caffiene addict? Or too lazy to wash up?

ReputationRep:
    aww that's so sweet! none of my mugs and plates will match but i dont care!

ReputationRep:
    aww that is sweet....my granny gave me 2 matchin plates and then proptly took them back and gave me wat has to be the ugliest plate in the whole world!

matching stuff is for later when ur a proper adult...the only cup i have so far is a congrats mug my cousin got me, should probs expand on that collection at sum point...maxybon maybe ur grandparents think ur gona b making lots of friends and therefore making many cups of coffee/tea? or then again, seeing as ur a musician, that ur a coffee addict!

ReputationRep:
    Heh, maybe I could give them away as an incentive for buying me drinks?

And as for coffee, I am a tea person myself anyway! If I need to stay up, I have caffeine tablets, but shush about that cause it's my top secret practise solution!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxybon)
    Heh, maybe I could give them away as an incentive for buying me drinks?

And as for coffee, I am a tea person myself anyway! If I need to stay up, I have caffeine tablets, but shush about that cause it's my top secret practise solution!
    Wow it seems we have all managed to hook up with our own personal drug-dealer...

ReputationRep:
    >_>

<_<

¬_¬

ReputationRep:
    Right, well i'm in Holloway now too! And yes, it has taken me a week and a half to get round to posting this! Got in on ABC even though i really needed ABB (but the C was for history, so they don't mind because hardly anyone gets A's). Doing music...should be in Reid or Founder's...erm, that's about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilikebricks)
    Wow it seems we have all managed to hook up with our own personal drug-dealer...
    :cool:

Although, I wouldnt consider something you can buy in a pharmacy to be drug dealing, but whatever!

ReputationRep:
    well done siwi
    i just saw your sig! wish my school had offered italian! that must have been fab being able to do that!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 4, 2006
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.