The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

apparantly you can re-sit a/s modules. but you cant resit a whole year. Well some people from my school who are going to oxbridge this year did some re-sits of AS modules in June, so i think that could be allowed.
Reply 61
rachelrainbow32
apparantly you can re-sit a/s modules. but you cant resit a whole year. Well some people from my school who are going to oxbridge this year did some re-sits of AS modules in June, so i think that could be allowed.

if u resit a whole year, but with different subjects will that still prejudice against your application?

Grateful for any info,
Reply 62
AS GRADES: AAACC

in alpha order coz i have no prefs lol

1: Aber, European Law, 340 (with GS and AS)
2: Kent, European Legal Studies, 320 (poss with GS not sure need to check)
3: Lancaster, International Law, AAA-AAB (with GS)
4: Northumbria, Law(Exempting), ABB
5: Sussex, Law with American Studies, AAB-ABB
6: Swansea, Law with American Studies, 320 (with GS and AS)

a good range of tariffs methinks, different parts of the country, different courses but each with same foundations lol and all except the Aberand North courses are 4yrs long because they have a yr abroad.
AS grades: ABBBB

1: KCL (AAB this is my first choice)
2: City ABB
3: Westminister ABB
4: Reading AAB
5: Exeter AAB
6: dont know

I'm predicted AAB. so any uni's in london preferable.
Reply 64
Everyone is applying to KCL:eek:
Reply 65
yeah i was gonna come back and say, not really kirstin, but lookin back thru the thread quite a few of u are applying to kcl lol!
Reply 66
fungirl1234
AS grades: ABBBB

1: KCL (AAB this is my first choice)
2: City ABB
3: Westminister ABB
4: Reading AAB
5: Exeter AAB
6: dont know

I'm predicted AAB. so any uni's in london preferable.

i'm guessing by ure choices u wanna stay in the south. i know ure pred AAB, but i know u got ABB, so perhaps if u really dont mind about ure sixth choice as u seem to have a fave and love your five, you should find a uni thats BBB just in case it goes horrible wrong, just in case mind.

EDIT: its really difficult without that book at school(the Brian Heap one) to figure out what each uni's offer is without havign to search for it but i have found Oxford Brookes ask for BBB for Law, it is a v good new uni!
Reply 67
I'm having a bit of trouble deciding to be honest.

Academically I've got pretty good results behind me:

GCSE: 5A* 4A (2005). B and a C (2004). I took my GCSE's in exceptional circumstances last summer - Dad was taken seriously ill in the first week of exams, great timing I know.

AS: AAAAA (including General Studies). Economics - 297, History -290 and English - 281, which means I should get AAA. I'm planning on continuing with all four subjects to be safe.

I'm not sure I really want to go down the Oxbridge route to be honest, and I'm worried about the living costs in London. Saying that I will probably apply to UCL and KCL.

Nottingham and Warwick I will apply to, possibly Bristol but I'm not overly keen. Living in Bournemouth means that I wouldn't want to go too far north, as it would be too far away from home.
mtbab
its really difficult without that book at school(the Brian Heap one) to figure out what each uni's offer is without havign to search for it but i have found Oxford Brookes ask for BBB for Law, it is a v good new uni!

This thread shows a compiled list of most good unviersities and their standard offers for Law.
Reply 69
theres Reading(AAB), Southhampton(AAA), UEA(AAB), Birmingham (AAA), Cardiff (AAA) possibly
Reply 70
superdillon
This thread shows a compiled list of most good unviersities and their standard offers for Law.

Cheers!! list needs a slight update but it'll do lol
Reply 71
mtbab
yeah i was gonna come back and say, not really kirstin, but lookin back thru the thread quite a few of u are applying to kcl lol!

Yea I expect the open day place will be the only place I get from KCL:p:
kirstinx
Yea I expect the open day place will be the only place I get from KCL:p:

hows the self teaching going? did you get your AS results back last week?
Reply 73
mtbab
AS GRADES: AAACC

in alpha order coz i have no prefs lol

1: Aber, European Law, 340 (with GS and AS)
2: Kent, European Legal Studies, 320 (poss with GS not sure need to check)
3: Lancaster, International Law, AAA-AAB (with GS)
4: Northumbria, Law(Exempting), ABB
5: Sussex, Law with American Studies, AAB-ABB
6: Swansea, Law with American Studies, 320 (with GS and AS)

a good range of tariffs methinks, different parts of the country, different courses but each with same foundations lol and all except the Aberand North courses are 4yrs long because they have a yr abroad.

Do you want the four year course specifically?
I think you should be aiming higher - Kings at AAB and maybe even one or two AAA uni's. You have AAAC at AS level!! This could mean your teachers predict you AAA?
david17
I'm having a bit of trouble deciding to be honest.

Academically I've got pretty good results behind me:

GCSE: 5A* 4A (2005). B and a C (2004). I took my GCSE's in exceptional circumstances last summer - Dad was taken seriously ill in the first week of exams, great timing I know.

AS: AAAAA (including General Studies). Economics - 297, History -290 and English - 281, which means I should get AAA. I'm planning on continuing with all four subjects to be safe.

I'm not sure I really want to go down the Oxbridge route to be honest, and I'm worried about the living costs in London. Saying that I will probably apply to UCL and KCL.

Nottingham and Warwick I will apply to, possibly Bristol but I'm not overly keen. Living in Bournemouth means that I wouldn't want to go too far north, as it would be too far away from home.

you thought about LSE?
m1kes
I think you should be aiming higher - Kings at AAB and maybe even one or two AAA uni's. You have AAAC at AS level!! This could mean your teachers predict you AAA?

I thought mtbab could aim higher as well but I assumed that he wanted to apply to those particular type of courses that he is applying to like law with european/american studies etc, I guess this reduces the number of possible universities that he can apply to and of those he has probably already made his choice.
Reply 76
guccilittlepiggy
you thought about LSE?

From what I've heard I don't think I would enjoy it there, although I expect a lot of people have misconceptions about LSE.
david17
From what I've heard I don't think I would enjoy it there, although I expect a lot of people have misconceptions about LSE.

thats what I thought aswell but now i've actually spoken to people who go there it seems the social side of it is just as good as anywhere else. uni is what you make of it :smile:
Reply 78

yeh all cept for Aber are 4yr courses bcoz all cept for North and Aber have a yr out abroad. be it Europe or America. I may re-look at Exeter coz i liked that uni, but i'm not gonna apply to any London uni's and also i'm not too too keen on uni's which are city campuses lol North is the exception obv. But places like Cardiff i just hated becuase of everythin being all spread out over the city centre!

superdillon
I thought mtbab could aim higher as well but I assumed that he wanted to apply to those particular type of courses that he is applying to like law with european/american studies etc, I guess this reduces the number of possible universities that he can apply to and of those he has probably already made his choice.

yeh exactly lol was just about to say that theres not many uni's that have a qualifying law degree with a yr out in america whilst also studying amercan culture of law etc. There is UEA Law with American Law but its AAA and i realy dont want do that lol

I think that way i've picked means that hopefully i should get a good number of offers and so i've set a challenge to myself but also i think two good insurances on the american side and the european side so hoepfully i can't lose lol.

but cheers for the concern guys, i have thought a lot about it, i have looked at a lot of uni's and i've eliminated a few on the basis of how they assess, i'm not a huge fan of modules where it will be 50+ or heaven forbid 100% coursework, so my choices make me happy and i know that if i got an offer from any one of them i would go and each course is slightly different lol which i love.

Also many places only have straight law or Law with a Language, i don't know what it is but the idea of doin jsut flat law sounds a bit balnd but Law with a little 'zest' in it lol sounds fun.
Reply 79
mtbab
Cheers!! list needs a slight update but it'll do lol

Working on it..:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending