Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepy_person!)
    Well done everybody, so happy for you!

I've been told they still want me (got ABB) but the english course is completely full this year so my offer is for 2007, so dilemma, Kent this year or Sussex next year. I'll inform you of my choice!
    Year out then sussex. Everyone should have a gap year and everyone should go to sussex - thus there is no question

ReputationRep:
    help me... need positive thinking. WAS OFFERED ABB to do psych and i got alevels AAC with A in psychology but i dont know if im in or not ye. Do u reckon theyl take me...im thinking yes but am panicking

xxx

ReputationRep:
    ^ Have you not looked on track/phoned them?

I missed my grades and am still waiting for track to change.. or I'll just ring when its past 3. This is not fun

ReputationRep:
    My offer was ABB OR an amount of points which equaled AAC, so there's still hope for you. Check your offer again on UCAS and ring them to find out for sure!

ReputationRep:
    Ok everybody I think I've decided to take up my offer for Sussex! I'd always regret it otherwise, and you know next year I'll be an unconditional and I'll get my first choice accomodation!
    Man I feel really emotional realising how much I love the university!
    Thank you to everyone for your advice, I can't wait to be a Sussex student!

ReputationRep:
    My offer was ABB OR AAC, so I agree with musicalfruit, I reckon you should be able to get in hopefully

Also, if anybody is interested, my grades were AAA I am very pleased, especially seeing as the subject I got most marks in was English Lit :eek: Huge shock.

ReputationRep:
    Ok everybody I think I've decided to take up my offer for Sussex! I'd always regret it otherwise, and you know next year I'll be an unconditional and I'll get my first choice accomodation!
    I think you've made the right choice Awesome. See you in 2007

ReputationRep:
    Yaaaaaaaay! I got AAB so I'm also in!!!!!!

See you in September!

:party:

ReputationRep:
    Good choice! Earn some money and have some fun next year and you'll appreciate uni all the more! Now go and celebrate!

Well done to all of you who've got in, i'm really pleased for everyone

ReputationRep:
    heya guys just phoned sussex and they sed il def know in he morning grrr wat a horrible day- been constantly stressed meh atleast its an excuse to go out and yet drink help m 4get about it 2nite
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    Bugger. I also have 2007 entry for Sussex.. but I really, really don't want to take a gap year. And I have an informal offer from Leicester through clearing. But I'm not sure if I want to be released from my insurance (interpol at Aber). Oh the confusion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Syntax)
    Bugger. I also have 2007 entry for Sussex.. but I really, really don't want to take a gap year. And I have an informal offer from Leicester through clearing. But I'm not sure if I want to be released from my insurance (interpol at Aber). Oh the confusion.
    Either do the gap year, or Aberystwyth. Leicster really isn't all that for political studies.

I don't see what's so bad about gapping. Slow down, and take your time...

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing an unexpected gap year now

Don't worry, it's all good, just think how happy we'll feel when it comes to accomodation alocating time!

ReputationRep:
    I got in! YAYA!

Well done to everyone that got in! And I'm really sorry for those of you that didn't

ReputationRep:
    Im in omg YAY- wish i knew this for certain ysterday but meh i dont care we're all freshers now WELL done everyone U deserve it

lv fresher sammy x

ReputationRep:
    Well done everyone, the wait is finally over (for most of you anyway)! Sorry to those of you who didn't make the grades, but do persevere - I have known people to get in despite not getting their initial grades.

But a big CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who made it - the best three years of your life awaits you, and we (the students' union people) look forward to meeting all of you. I'm the ginger-one-with-the-American-accent-who's-not-actually-American, so keep your eyes peeled for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sirsmilalot)
    I'm the ginger-one-with-the-American-accent-who's-not-actually-American, so keep your eyes peeled for me!
    I think I remember you from the Open Days!!! But maybe it wasn't you... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I didn't make the grade, missed by one (needed ABD or BBB I got BBD) and yesterday I was told to ring back to see if I got a place. Today I rang back and I have been offered a place for Media Studies at Sussex

To be honest though, I was hoping they would say no as I wanted to go on a gap year... anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking I should ring up and ask if I can take the course next year and maybe I could resit some exams to get an AAB or something.

Well done to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wise One)
    Either do the gap year, or Aberystwyth. Leicster really isn't all that for political studies.

I don't see what's so bad about gapping. Slow down, and take your time...
    I'd be doing History at Leicester. I dunno if it's any good for that either though :confused:

+ I'd just be bored ****less if I had to wait a year. Although I wouldn't mind travelling or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kunald)
    I didn't make the grade, missed by one (needed ABD or BBB I got BBD) and yesterday I was told to ring back to see if I got a place. Today I rang back and I have been offered a place for Media Studies at Sussex

To be honest though, I was hoping they would say no as I wanted to go on a gap year... anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking I should ring up and ask if I can take the course next year and maybe I could resit some exams to get an AAB or something.

Well done to everyone!
    Just phone up, in some info we were sent it had a thingy saying if you're thinking of deferring to call up. They'll probably be pleased to have the extra space!

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.